Opening with a hackathon on 20th January, London Blockchain Week 2017 will play host to an eclectic mix of speakers from the Blockchain community, including Bobby Lee, CEO and co-founder of China’s first bitcoin exchange BTC China (BTCC) and Tom Wilkinson, Senior Data Scientist for the UK Government Home Office; cementing London’s place as a leader in fintech innovation.
The main conference begins on 23rd January at the Grange Hotel, Tower Bridge, and will see UNICEF present ‘Donercoin’ – its Blockchain solution to digitize donations and create transparency in global aid. Bobby Lee of BTCC will outline China’s influence on Blockchain development in relation to the European markets.
On day two, Tom Wilkinson of the UK Government Home Office will discuss the potential for Blockchain technology to revolutionize the way local government interacts with citizens.
In partnership with Day One VC, The Government of Papua New Guinea and the Open Bank Initiative, the first three days will consist of a hackathon at Launch22 where developers will be challenged with creating Blockchain concepts to help local, regional and national governments assist their citizens better.
The event culminates with three days of Blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT) workshops at Cocoon Networks, where industry experts from RBS, Ethereum and BigChainDB will hold practical workshops for Blockchain enthusiasts.
Luis Carranza, Founder of London Blockchain Week said: “Despite political uncertainty around the UK’s position in the global economy, London continues to excel in fintech innovation and distributed ledger technology in particular. The past year has seen the UK government embrace Blockchain technology alongside other sectors that are waking up to its potential, from the diamond trade to the music industry. As the FCA adds a number of Blockchain start-ups to its regulatory sandbox, 2017 is set to be a seminal year for Blockchain/DLT as key players across the fintech ecosystem, from large corporates to innovative start-ups, drive a fundamental shift in how businesses will function over the coming decade.”
As part of Fintech Worldwide and linked to sister event London Fintech Week, the first Blockchain Conference launched in 2015 and has since expanded to become a global event in New York, Hong Kong, San Francisco and many other cities. The 3rd annual Blockchain London Conference will take place across two days during London Blockchain Week. The first day will lean slightly towards Public Blockchain, while the second day will focus more on Blockchain/DLT in hybrid and public ledgers.
Each year, the Blockchain Conference has grown significantly. 2017 will see 700-1000 participants throughout London Blockchain Week. The audience consists of a mix of influential figures from across the fintech community that specializes in Blockchain & DLT, including enterprise, start-ups, VC firms, media, government and academia.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019