They plan to digitalize insurance policies for marine cargo insurance, distribute them on Blockchain, and examine the security, cost efficiency and practical applicability including its operational efficiency. The POC includes digitalization of insurance policies onto the Blockchain, and inclusion of information of Letter of credit and Bill of lading on the Blockchain in the insurance policies. By replacing the conventional paper-based exchange method with the Blockchain network, NTT DATA expects that the time and labor cost for transactions will be significantly reduced. NTT DATA plans to publish the result of this POC, as well.
In import and export, insurance policies are exchanged from exporters to importers and circulated internationally through different parties of interest such as banks. However, the exchanges are mainly paper-based, which creates time-loss due to the paper transfer and risk for misplacement of documents.
Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance has been researching Blockchain based insurance policies, and has decided to test them in the area of marine cargo insurance by collaborating with NTT DATA, who have been researching the application of Blockchain in all over the international trade process.
In order to use Blockchain technology commercially, it is required to digitalize related documents other than insurance policies, as well. Therefore, collaboration of the respective parties is required to realize the application of Blockchain in this area. Through this POC, NTT DATA will solve the challenges amongst the respective parties and take steps towards the commercialization of Blockchain in import and export trade.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019