Canadian Blockchain company BTL Group has announced it has completed a revenue generating pilot project with a leading, global energy company and provides an update on its previously announced pilot in the finance and banking space.
Pursuant to this energy pilot, BTL developed internal use cases for Blockchain solutions in the client’s oil and energy trading division. The collaboration aims was to identify areas internal to their business in which BTL’s Blockchain platform, Interbit, can enable significant efficiency and related cost savings.
BTL and the client are now jointly assessing further commercialization strategies for the Interbit platform in the energy trading space for the benefit of both BTL and the client.
In the finance sector, BTL is working with large financial companies and banks, to progress the initial pilot announced last year (see the Corporation’s September 1, 2017 press release), which generates revenues for BTL. This development brings BTL one step closer to proving the concept of how a Blockchain based interbank payment network can reduce costs.
Guy Halford-Thompson, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of BTL said:
“We’ve had a fantastic start to 2017 and are very excited to have built credibility that allows us to continue to make groundbreaking progress in the financial space. On top of this, we are equally as excited to complete another globally significant Blockchain pilot, this time with a leading energy company. Our work in the energy sector is further proof that Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology has potential to significantly transform this space. We are confident that if our Interbit platform were to be commercially deployed, it would improve energy trading efficiency in the energy trading space.”
BTL’s Interbit platform is central to both the energy and financial initiatives. Interbit is a ground breaking open protocol platform that can process significant volumes of transactions at exceptional speeds. Its ability to unify financial infrastructures not only allows fast, secure settlement and payments globally, but has built in compliance that allows regulatory oversight.
Guy Halford-Thompson continued:
“By continuing our work in the finance space and adapting our technology to the energy sector, as well as having established our Blockchain solutions in the gaming sector, we are demonstrating the versatility and robustness of our Interbit settlement and trading platform. We are working to increase Q1 2017 revenues as compared to Q4 2016 and take the next step towards commercialization of our Interbit platform.”
Operating from both Canada and the UK, BTL offers Blockchain solutions to businesses across multiple industries, in particular the finance, energy and gaming sectors. BTL has built prototypes that showcase the capabilities of its Interbit platform, a proprietary Blockchain based interbank payment network and settlement and asset trading solution.
Interbit is an open, multi-chain, asset settlement platform with a suite of APIs and smart contracts that allow businesses from across the world to provide global access to fast, secure, and auditable financial and asset trading services.
With offices in Vancouver and Canary Wharf in London, BTL is positioning itself as a front-runner in the Blockchain ecosystem, providing advice and knowledge to industry leaders.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019