The Blockchain startup has raised 3,058 BTC ($2,745,970 USD) from some 1,614 participants in their Initial Coin Offering (ICO) which ends in 25 days on Feb 14, 2017 23:59 UTC.
Many new crypto projects launch their own Blockchain and have a single, dedicated token to represent value on their network but Chronobank is taking the approach of issuing both its native asset, TIME, and Labour Hour (LH) tokens on multiple Blockchains. As time goes on and popular new protocols arise, we will issue tokens on those as well. There are several reasons for this, both practical and ideological.
From their blog:
Our priority is to create a long-term Blockchain-based solution for the labour-hire industry. Cryptocurrency is still in its infancy and we currently don’t know which protocols will survive. Technical problems may become evident in due course, rendering one or more Blockchains non-viable. Others may be impacted in ways we cannot foresee. In the past, for example, different cryptocurrencies have fallen from favour due to a large number of factors: the loss of one or more core developers; poor distribution, which led to large quantities of coins being sold and loss of wider confidence; unpopular changes or forks; inadequate funding for promotion and development. All of these and more have hamstrung otherwise healthy Blockchain projects.
Therefore we are decentralising our issuance across many Blockchains; should popular new platforms arise in the future, we will use these too. That way, ChronoBank will never be rendered obsolete in the way that some other projects that launched on Blockchains the market eventually deemed wanting have been.
We want to engage many different communities to achieve our aims. This means not only seeking investment from several of the major Blockchain ecosystems in order to give us the funding to launch ChronoBank, but working with them for their expertise and to build business relationships. As a cross-Blockchain project, we think that ChronoBank has the ability to bring together the best elements of these protocols and communities under one roof. That will inevitably bring benefits for our own project, but to each of the others, too.
The priority is crypto adoption, the creation of fair money and a more just economy. Using many Blockchains is simply the best way to do this. The crypto world is fragmented, with tribal loyalties to specific Blockchains often taking precedence over broader ideals like disintermediation and the redistribution of financial power. We know that restricting ourselves to a single Blockchain will very likely hamper our overall chances of making the impression we need to in the crypto world and bringing about meaningful change in the recruitment sector. The more communities we work with, the more liquid and better traded our tokens will be; the higher profile our project will have; the more people will have a reason to help us succeed. We’re pleased to be Blockchain-agnostic in order to prioritise the success of ChronoBank.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019