Cambridge Blockchain announced the closing of a $2 million convertible note today, with participation from leading technology investors Partech Ventures and Digital Currency Group. The funds will be used to accelerate deployments of Cambridge Blockchain’s digital identity enterprise software for financial institutions.
“We’re thrilled to have the support of Partech and DCG,” said Matthew Commons, Cambridge Blockchain’s CEO. “DCG is one of the world’s most experienced blockchain investors, and Partech’s strategic relationships with European financial institutions will help us expand in important new markets for our technology.”
Financial institutions face growing compliance challenges related to identity, with know-your-customer costs that can reach hundreds of millions of dollars per year for large banks. Strict data privacy rules such as the European General Data Protection Regulation also limit the ability to access validated customer identity attributes from other trusted parties. Cambridge Blockchain’s distributed architecture resolves the competing challenges of transparency and privacy, resulting in faster customer onboarding, lower costs, and enhanced compliance through a single, trusted and consistent view of customer reference data.
“We believe Cambridge Blockchain is the most promising company to seize this huge market opportunity and a clearly beneficial application of Blockchain technologies. We’ve been impressed by the team of co-founders who has both prior startup experience and a strong vertical expertise, and has inked their first commercial partnerships” explained Romain Lavault, General Partner at Partech Ventures.
Barry Silbert, Founder and CEO of DCG remarked:
“In today’s world, managing identities across applications and platforms is becoming increasingly challenging and cumbersome, and high profile data hacks have highlighted the vulnerability of these systems. We are excited to see Cambridge Blockchain working to build blockchain-based technology to collect and share identity data across organizations in a safe, secure, and transparent manner that protects users while offering efficiency to institutions.”
Cambridge Blockchain has won FinTech competitions including BBVA Open Talent 2016 and the Santander InnoVentures Distributed Ledger Challenge. Cambridge Blockchain graduated from the 2016 FinTech Innovation Lab – run by the Partnership Fund for New York City and Accenture – where executives from top financial services firms and leading entrepreneurs mentor growth-stage companies.
The company is currently developing its digital identity software with several leading global financial institutions, with commercial deployments planned for late 2017.
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019