Cambridge Blockchain announced the closing of a $2 million convertible note today, with participation from leading technology investors Partech Ventures and Digital Currency Group. The funds will be used to accelerate deployments of Cambridge Blockchain’s digital identity enterprise software for financial institutions.
“We’re thrilled to have the support of Partech and DCG,” said Matthew Commons, Cambridge Blockchain’s CEO. “DCG is one of the world’s most experienced blockchain investors, and Partech’s strategic relationships with European financial institutions will help us expand in important new markets for our technology.”
Financial institutions face growing compliance challenges related to identity, with know-your-customer costs that can reach hundreds of millions of dollars per year for large banks. Strict data privacy rules such as the European General Data Protection Regulation also limit the ability to access validated customer identity attributes from other trusted parties. Cambridge Blockchain’s distributed architecture resolves the competing challenges of transparency and privacy, resulting in faster customer onboarding, lower costs, and enhanced compliance through a single, trusted and consistent view of customer reference data.
“We believe Cambridge Blockchain is the most promising company to seize this huge market opportunity and a clearly beneficial application of Blockchain technologies. We’ve been impressed by the team of co-founders who has both prior startup experience and a strong vertical expertise, and has inked their first commercial partnerships” explained Romain Lavault, General Partner at Partech Ventures.
Barry Silbert, Founder and CEO of DCG remarked:
“In today’s world, managing identities across applications and platforms is becoming increasingly challenging and cumbersome, and high profile data hacks have highlighted the vulnerability of these systems. We are excited to see Cambridge Blockchain working to build blockchain-based technology to collect and share identity data across organizations in a safe, secure, and transparent manner that protects users while offering efficiency to institutions.”
Cambridge Blockchain has won FinTech competitions including BBVA Open Talent 2016 and the Santander InnoVentures Distributed Ledger Challenge. Cambridge Blockchain graduated from the 2016 FinTech Innovation Lab – run by the Partnership Fund for New York City and Accenture – where executives from top financial services firms and leading entrepreneurs mentor growth-stage companies.
The company is currently developing its digital identity software with several leading global financial institutions, with commercial deployments planned for late 2017.
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019
- Currency.com Launches Tokenised Securities Trading Platform - January 21, 2019
- Katallassos Launches a Standard Framework for Decentralised Derivatives - January 11, 2019
- Dutch Crypto Trading Marketplace Cryptohopper at CES 2019 - January 8, 2019
- Interview with Ammbr – A Blockchain-Enabled Mesh Network Bringing High Speed Internet to Emerging Economies - January 8, 2019
- Zion Market Research Report Explains: Global Blockchain In Energy Market likely to grow to USD 11,899 Million By 2024 - December 27, 2018
- Blythe Masters Resigns as CEO of Digital Asset - December 18, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures Uses Ravencoin Blockchain for Equity Purchase in Chainstone Labs – Completes $3.6 Million Securities Token Transfer - December 18, 2018
- Despite Market Downturn – eToro Survey Reveals Strong Interest in Cryptoasset Education - December 18, 2018
- BlockIMMO brings Blockchain Technology Platform to Tokenize Fractional Real Estate Investment - December 17, 2018
- Algorand Appoints Dual Ph.D. Rock Star Pablo Azar as Chief Economist - December 17, 2018
- Dascoin – Anatomy of Multilevel Marketing Crypto Scam – Coinmarketcap Zero - December 17, 2018
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018