Canada’s Equibit Development Corporation, creator of the Equibit Blockchain and Blockchain applications for the global securities industry, opened its initial coin offering on Feb. 1 selling $250,000 worth in equibits on the sale’s first day.
“We’re off to an incredible start. Over 120,000 equibits have been sold so far,’’ said Chris Horlacher, EDC’s chief executive officer. “This shows the strong support we’re getting from the community and will only get stronger as events unfold over the next two months.”
EDC has offered to sell one million equibits, a new digital asset, out of a total of 22 million equibits potentially available. The sale will run for 59 days to March 31 and is being held on a special sale page at EDC’s website.
Purchased equibits will be delivered to user accounts at EDC’s web-wallet service. EDC will retain any unsold equibits, as according to the sale’s terms and conditions.
The offering started with an initial batch of 100,000 equibits priced at $2 per coin. The crowdsale will adhere to a predetermined schedule, with the price for equibits to increase with each subsequent batch.
All equibits sold in the coin offering will be created in the EDC platform’s genesis block, constituting the inception of the system’s operation.
Proceeds from the crowdsale will be used to expand EDC’s team of developers, accelerate product development, support and expand the network of equibit supporters, install enterprise infrastructure such as supernodes and market Equibit Blockchain applications.
For information on participation in the sale, please see the EDC website at equibit.org.
Equibit is the world’s first peer-to-peer equity marketplace and a complete platform for issuers to manage their investor relations without need of depositories and transfer agents. Founded by a former securities industry chief financial officer and a team of Blockchain development experts, EDC was established with the aim of revolutionizing the securities industry.
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019