Hashed Health, a consortium leveraging Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies for transformation in the U.S. healthcare system, announced an initial funding round of nearly $2 million.
“Hashed Health is strategically positioned to begin development of healthcare-specific solutions for streamlining ineffective healthcare delivery models, and to address a range of well-known issues in healthcare,” said Founder and CEO John Bass.
Martin Ventures led the round and is known for backing new business models that remove friction and inefficiencies inherent in healthcare transactions and bring fresh approaches to consumer engagement in care.
Charles Martin, chairman and founder of Martin Ventures said:
“Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies hold tremendous promise in our attempts to place the consumer at the center of the healthcare ecosystem. The healthcare industry must be drastically reformed in order to address problems related to quality, cost and waste. Hashed Health is poised to drive innovation and collaboration to reach these goals.”
Another investor is Shanghai-based Blockchain VC Fenbushi Capital.
“We strongly believe Hashed Health’s Blockchain technology will play an important role in bringing transparency, efficiency and robustness into the global healthcare economy,” said Bo Shen, Founding Partner of Fenbushi.
“We are proud to partner with Martin Ventures, a leader in healthcare investments, and Fenbushi Capital, a leader in Blockchain investments,” said John Bass. “With the initial round closed, we are continuing the exciting work of organizing the market around these game-changing projects.”
Drawing on a combined 50 years of experience in healthcare operations and IT integrations, Hashed Health plans to foster collaboration among leading healthcare enterprises to advance distributed ledger solutions to address long-standing and systemic healthcare industry issues.
Hashed Health is a healthcare technology consortium dedicated to leveraging the Blockchain and distributed ledger to develop work groups centered on specific healthcare use cases. To empower its members, Hashed Health provides value-added services such as network product management, product development, regulatory guidance and technology support services for Blockchain networks. Hashed Health work groups focus on Blockchain implementations to address a range of well-known issues in healthcare including IoT, revenue cycle management, payment reform, medical records, insurance and healthcare/pharmaceutical supply chain logistics. More information can be found at http://www.hashedhealth.com/ or by emailing [email protected].
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019