Hashed Health, a consortium leveraging Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies for transformation in the U.S. healthcare system, announced an initial funding round of nearly $2 million.
“Hashed Health is strategically positioned to begin development of healthcare-specific solutions for streamlining ineffective healthcare delivery models, and to address a range of well-known issues in healthcare,” said Founder and CEO John Bass.
Martin Ventures led the round and is known for backing new business models that remove friction and inefficiencies inherent in healthcare transactions and bring fresh approaches to consumer engagement in care.
Charles Martin, chairman and founder of Martin Ventures said:
“Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies hold tremendous promise in our attempts to place the consumer at the center of the healthcare ecosystem. The healthcare industry must be drastically reformed in order to address problems related to quality, cost and waste. Hashed Health is poised to drive innovation and collaboration to reach these goals.”
Another investor is Shanghai-based Blockchain VC Fenbushi Capital.
“We strongly believe Hashed Health’s Blockchain technology will play an important role in bringing transparency, efficiency and robustness into the global healthcare economy,” said Bo Shen, Founding Partner of Fenbushi.
“We are proud to partner with Martin Ventures, a leader in healthcare investments, and Fenbushi Capital, a leader in Blockchain investments,” said John Bass. “With the initial round closed, we are continuing the exciting work of organizing the market around these game-changing projects.”
Drawing on a combined 50 years of experience in healthcare operations and IT integrations, Hashed Health plans to foster collaboration among leading healthcare enterprises to advance distributed ledger solutions to address long-standing and systemic healthcare industry issues.
Hashed Health is a healthcare technology consortium dedicated to leveraging the Blockchain and distributed ledger to develop work groups centered on specific healthcare use cases. To empower its members, Hashed Health provides value-added services such as network product management, product development, regulatory guidance and technology support services for Blockchain networks. Hashed Health work groups focus on Blockchain implementations to address a range of well-known issues in healthcare including IoT, revenue cycle management, payment reform, medical records, insurance and healthcare/pharmaceutical supply chain logistics. More information can be found at http://www.hashedhealth.com/ or by emailing [email protected].
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019