The State Bank of India (SBI) has taken the initiative to push a new initiative called Bank-Chain, India’s first Blockchain exploration consortium for banks. The new group was announced in Mumbai on 8th February 2017
Srikanth RP writes at Express Computer, one of India’s most respected IT media brands in publication for 24 years, that the SBI believes that it is essential for banks to collaborate and develop Blockchain solutions for the betterment of the financial sector.
A spokesperson for SBI added that Bank-Chain will enable banks to explore, build and implement Blockchain solutions which can minimize fraud and maximize efficiency, security & transparency. Bank-Chain has been formed in collaboration with Primechain Technologies, a young Indian startup with a core focus on Blockchains.
“Some of the quick action Blockchain use-cases include anti-money laundering, currency exchange and remittance, KYC, digital signature, communication of financial information”, says Shinam Arora, CEO, Primechain Technologies.
Axis Bank, Central Bank of India, DCB Bank, Deutsche Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI, Kotak Mahindra Bank and Saraswat Bank have also shown an interest in collaborating with Bank-Chain.
Some of the core benefits of Blockchain technology for the banking sector include better client satisfaction through faster, more convenient and secure services, minimization of fraud, maximization of efficiency, security and transparency, streamlining paper work, accelerated information and money flows, greatly improved auditability, streamlining paperwork and greatly improve auditability
Prasanna Lohar, Radical Change Agent, DCB Bank told Express Computer:
“There is more to Blockchain than moving money. In the recent days, the country has seen a dramatic increase in Blockchain adoption/ awareness and the government’s openness to the technology can translate to a lenient regulatory view towards the Blockchain technology. Blockchain has the potential to transform our lives through its benefits i.e. faster settlement times that are user-optimized, lower collateral requirements and counter-party risk, improved contractual term performance, greater transparency for regulatory reporting, better capital optimisation, reduction of operating costs and the fact that it is incorruptible. The recent trend is towards collaboration i.e. partnerships between competitive banks, technology companies, Fintech and regulators. This will bring benefits to consumers and the financial system. Collaboration among these different stakeholders will bring on multiple innovative and cost effective use cases in sections such as clearing & settlements , payments , smart assets , identity management, data management and data protection , AML and KYC and governance, which can lead to a sharing economy in the Indian banking sector. Post de-monetization, UPI and many other movements in innovations , Blockchain would be the “Radical Change Agent” in India.”
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018
- XYO Network to Launch of Blockchain Satellite on SpaceX Falcon 9 - December 11, 2018
- Algo Capital to Invest In Promising Companies Built on Algorand Platform – Announces $100 Million Blockchain Fund - December 11, 2018
- Stackr Taps into AI For Investment Solutions to Power a New Savings Solution - December 11, 2018
- Walt Disney Company Cuts Deal with Blockchain-fueled PlayGame.com to Bring Games to Southeast Asian Fans - December 11, 2018
- Huobi Releases New Derivative Market On Huobi Global - December 11, 2018
- Ledger Expands to New York City - November 26, 2018
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018
- Nem, Proximax, And Pundi X Join Growing List Of Sportsfix Sponsor Partners - October 23, 2018
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018