Swiss fintech company Lykke, on course to become one of the world’s first regulated marketplaces built on cryptographic technology, has announced the launch of its proprietary 1-year forward offering on February 9, 2017 at a Lykke-hosted event in Zurich, Switzerland.
“In the history of Financial Services, it has always been a requirement to have deep pockets to operate on a level playing field. With Lykke, the only requirement to enter a level playing field is an internet connection, said Olsen.”
Lykke offers a novel financial instrument which operates much like today’s forward contracts with the benefit of being ‘at the run’ for the entirety of the contract period — a significant difference from current procedures which sees settlement occur only at the settlement date.
The One-year forward offering is a special limited offer from February 9-28, 2017, whereby investors can obtain a 20 per cent discount subject to holding Lykke coins for one year. Lykke plans to sell 50,000,000 coins with an issue price of CHF 0.04 per coin, to raise an estimated 2 million Swiss francs. Lykke Coins are registered on a Blockchain and 100 Lykke coins entitle to one Lykke share.
The company was first kick-started in 2015, raising over US$2.8 million dollars soon after its market debut. Currently, Lykke is applying for an investment firm license with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for a multilateral trading facility (MTF) to offer a non-exchange financial trading venue as part of a broader aim of establishing the world’s first ‘crypto-marketplace’ offering trade execution on a range of financial instruments.
As a young, strong start-up with a crack team, Lykke hopes to attract a combination of clientele ranging from speculative traders to import/export clients with several key advantages over existing trading methodology.
The Lykke Marketplace offers on-the-spot pricing even for products delivered in future, establishes full accounting history by implementing blockchain technology and allows its Marketplace participants to take active stakes in Lykke as an entity when conducting trading activity.
Lykke Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO) Demetrios Zamboglou said:
“Genuine change in today’s financial services jungle can only be achieved through robust technology that serves the betterment of all, rather than just its gatekeepers. Lykke is committed to creating a means for anyone to conduct financial transactions and store their assets in secure digital blockchains, secured from any single authority or counterparty. Blockchain-powered crypto-currencies are actively demonstrating their superiority over the fiat-paper status-quo, for so long the bastion of big banks. Blockchain technology is here to show financial services as a sector that there is a better way, and there’s no turning back”.
Lykke’s major selling-point and differentiator is more powerful security with a centralized matching engine and decentralized immediate settlement, and an open-source approach to typically closed-loop systems that dominate financial services transactions today.
For more information regarding the 1-year forward offering, visit forward.lykke.com.
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019