Swiss fintech company Lykke, on course to become one of the world’s first regulated marketplaces built on cryptographic technology, has announced the launch of its proprietary 1-year forward offering on February 9, 2017 at a Lykke-hosted event in Zurich, Switzerland.
“In the history of Financial Services, it has always been a requirement to have deep pockets to operate on a level playing field. With Lykke, the only requirement to enter a level playing field is an internet connection, said Olsen.”
Lykke offers a novel financial instrument which operates much like today’s forward contracts with the benefit of being ‘at the run’ for the entirety of the contract period — a significant difference from current procedures which sees settlement occur only at the settlement date.
The One-year forward offering is a special limited offer from February 9-28, 2017, whereby investors can obtain a 20 per cent discount subject to holding Lykke coins for one year. Lykke plans to sell 50,000,000 coins with an issue price of CHF 0.04 per coin, to raise an estimated 2 million Swiss francs. Lykke Coins are registered on a Blockchain and 100 Lykke coins entitle to one Lykke share.
The company was first kick-started in 2015, raising over US$2.8 million dollars soon after its market debut. Currently, Lykke is applying for an investment firm license with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for a multilateral trading facility (MTF) to offer a non-exchange financial trading venue as part of a broader aim of establishing the world’s first ‘crypto-marketplace’ offering trade execution on a range of financial instruments.
As a young, strong start-up with a crack team, Lykke hopes to attract a combination of clientele ranging from speculative traders to import/export clients with several key advantages over existing trading methodology.
The Lykke Marketplace offers on-the-spot pricing even for products delivered in future, establishes full accounting history by implementing blockchain technology and allows its Marketplace participants to take active stakes in Lykke as an entity when conducting trading activity.
Lykke Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO) Demetrios Zamboglou said:
“Genuine change in today’s financial services jungle can only be achieved through robust technology that serves the betterment of all, rather than just its gatekeepers. Lykke is committed to creating a means for anyone to conduct financial transactions and store their assets in secure digital blockchains, secured from any single authority or counterparty. Blockchain-powered crypto-currencies are actively demonstrating their superiority over the fiat-paper status-quo, for so long the bastion of big banks. Blockchain technology is here to show financial services as a sector that there is a better way, and there’s no turning back”.
Lykke’s major selling-point and differentiator is more powerful security with a centralized matching engine and decentralized immediate settlement, and an open-source approach to typically closed-loop systems that dominate financial services transactions today.
For more information regarding the 1-year forward offering, visit forward.lykke.com.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019