Swiss fintech company Lykke, on course to become one of the world’s first regulated marketplaces built on cryptographic technology, has announced the launch of its proprietary 1-year forward offering on February 9, 2017 at a Lykke-hosted event in Zurich, Switzerland.
“In the history of Financial Services, it has always been a requirement to have deep pockets to operate on a level playing field. With Lykke, the only requirement to enter a level playing field is an internet connection, said Olsen.”
Lykke offers a novel financial instrument which operates much like today’s forward contracts with the benefit of being ‘at the run’ for the entirety of the contract period — a significant difference from current procedures which sees settlement occur only at the settlement date.
The One-year forward offering is a special limited offer from February 9-28, 2017, whereby investors can obtain a 20 per cent discount subject to holding Lykke coins for one year. Lykke plans to sell 50,000,000 coins with an issue price of CHF 0.04 per coin, to raise an estimated 2 million Swiss francs. Lykke Coins are registered on a Blockchain and 100 Lykke coins entitle to one Lykke share.
The company was first kick-started in 2015, raising over US$2.8 million dollars soon after its market debut. Currently, Lykke is applying for an investment firm license with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for a multilateral trading facility (MTF) to offer a non-exchange financial trading venue as part of a broader aim of establishing the world’s first ‘crypto-marketplace’ offering trade execution on a range of financial instruments.
As a young, strong start-up with a crack team, Lykke hopes to attract a combination of clientele ranging from speculative traders to import/export clients with several key advantages over existing trading methodology.
The Lykke Marketplace offers on-the-spot pricing even for products delivered in future, establishes full accounting history by implementing blockchain technology and allows its Marketplace participants to take active stakes in Lykke as an entity when conducting trading activity.
Lykke Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO) Demetrios Zamboglou said:
“Genuine change in today’s financial services jungle can only be achieved through robust technology that serves the betterment of all, rather than just its gatekeepers. Lykke is committed to creating a means for anyone to conduct financial transactions and store their assets in secure digital blockchains, secured from any single authority or counterparty. Blockchain-powered crypto-currencies are actively demonstrating their superiority over the fiat-paper status-quo, for so long the bastion of big banks. Blockchain technology is here to show financial services as a sector that there is a better way, and there’s no turning back”.
Lykke’s major selling-point and differentiator is more powerful security with a centralized matching engine and decentralized immediate settlement, and an open-source approach to typically closed-loop systems that dominate financial services transactions today.
For more information regarding the 1-year forward offering, visit forward.lykke.com.
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019