Lisk, the Blockchain application platform, released version 0.6.0 to the main network after successfully completing the latest Core development sprint. The Lisk platform will now run on the latest LTS Node.JS 6.9 release tree, with its tradition of security and stability remaining a priority.
“This announcement marks a major update for our core software. The backbone of Lisk has been running on Node `0.12.x` since release and while this has served us exceptionally well to date, it’s time to transition to Node.JS 6.9, the most recent LTS release,” said Max Kordek, President of the Lisk Foundation.
“Utilizing the latest Node.JS LTS release aligns with our mission to ensure maximum stability and security for the Lisk Core – a top priority for us,” added Kordek.
Version 0.6.0 brings additional changes to the Lisk Core and Lisk UI, including a sought-after feature aimed at improving the delegate user experience. As a first step to further progress the development of the Lisk SDK, the Application Directory user interface has been removed which also severs ties to the legacy application code.
“Our latest version 0.6.0 will allow for further significant software developments to be made over the coming months, bringing us one step closer to providing an innovative, safe, and seamless Blockchain application platform.”
Lisk version 0.6.0’s launch to the main network lays the foundation fora renovation of the Lisk SDK, which is currently in the conceptual stage. Lisk, which supports various *Nix and Darwin based platforms, will continue focusing efforts on optimizing its Core to prepare for the SDK.
LSK, the platforms cryptocurrency is currently sitting in 21st place of the of the most valuable digital currencies, and is valued at over $15 million.
It was founded by Max Kordek and Oliver Beddows in 2016, in their stellar crowdsale they attracted over $8M in fundings making them the most successful crowdfunding in Germany in history. Consequently, Lisk attracted prominent advisors like Charles Hoskinson and Steven Nerayoff to foster a growing ecosystem around Blockchain applications and services. Lisk is headquartered in Berlin in the iconic business district at the Sony Center.
For more information, visit https://lisk.io/
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019
- New Research Released on Blockchain and EU Privacy Law Compliance - March 5, 2019
- Token.Agency Kicks Off Blockchain, STO and Tokenomics Service in Europe and North America - February 27, 2019
- Mercedes-Benz Cars Develops Blockchain-Prototype for Sustainable Supply Chains - February 26, 2019
- Open Source, Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Platform Insolar Launches Testnet - February 26, 2019
- IPC to Provide ICE Crypto Feeds to over 6000 Capital Market Participants - February 26, 2019
- Fetch.AI raises $6m in Successful 22 Second Token Sale On Binance Launchpad - February 25, 2019