Lisk, the Blockchain application platform, released version 0.6.0 to the main network after successfully completing the latest Core development sprint. The Lisk platform will now run on the latest LTS Node.JS 6.9 release tree, with its tradition of security and stability remaining a priority.
“This announcement marks a major update for our core software. The backbone of Lisk has been running on Node `0.12.x` since release and while this has served us exceptionally well to date, it’s time to transition to Node.JS 6.9, the most recent LTS release,” said Max Kordek, President of the Lisk Foundation.
“Utilizing the latest Node.JS LTS release aligns with our mission to ensure maximum stability and security for the Lisk Core – a top priority for us,” added Kordek.
Version 0.6.0 brings additional changes to the Lisk Core and Lisk UI, including a sought-after feature aimed at improving the delegate user experience. As a first step to further progress the development of the Lisk SDK, the Application Directory user interface has been removed which also severs ties to the legacy application code.
“Our latest version 0.6.0 will allow for further significant software developments to be made over the coming months, bringing us one step closer to providing an innovative, safe, and seamless Blockchain application platform.”
Lisk version 0.6.0’s launch to the main network lays the foundation fora renovation of the Lisk SDK, which is currently in the conceptual stage. Lisk, which supports various *Nix and Darwin based platforms, will continue focusing efforts on optimizing its Core to prepare for the SDK.
LSK, the platforms cryptocurrency is currently sitting in 21st place of the of the most valuable digital currencies, and is valued at over $15 million.
It was founded by Max Kordek and Oliver Beddows in 2016, in their stellar crowdsale they attracted over $8M in fundings making them the most successful crowdfunding in Germany in history. Consequently, Lisk attracted prominent advisors like Charles Hoskinson and Steven Nerayoff to foster a growing ecosystem around Blockchain applications and services. Lisk is headquartered in Berlin in the iconic business district at the Sony Center.
For more information, visit https://lisk.io/
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018