Chain of Points, creators of the groundbreaking o blockchain-based platform incentivizing participation in loyalty programs, today announced the appointment of tech guru Jeff Pulver to the company’s Board of Advisors. Pulver will aid in the development of the Chain of Points platform and collaborate alongside Chain of Points CEO Irene Katzela, Ph.D.
Jeff Pulver is an Internet Pioneer, known for his work in helping to create and grow the VoIP Industry. He is the founder and co-founder of multiple companies including pulver.com, Free World Dialup, Vonage, VON Coalition and MoNage.
Pulver is the chief writer of Pulver Order, which was adopted in 2004 by the Federal Communications Commission as the first FCC ruling regarding Internet Protocol (IP) communications. The Pulver Order is the reason why consumers are able to use services like Facetime, WhatsApp, and Messenger for free, and the reason why Microsoft, Facebook and Apple are not regulated as communication service providers.
“I have been involved in the technology industry for many years, and have acted as an advisor for several successful companies. I believe it is an exciting time to become involved with Chain of Points because the start-up has found a unique way to disrupt the loyalty industry, especially for small and medium sized businesses. Merchants and customers will find it so much easier to utilize rewards through Chain of Points, and I am honored to help them navigate their path to becoming an industry heavyweight.”
Pulver, an early investor in Twitter, continues to advise startups and is exploring the intersection of: Computing, AI and Communications at his MoNage conferences.
“We are thrilled to have Pulver, one of the most influential and highly recognized thought leaders in technology, joining the Chain of Points team,” said Irene Katzela, Chain of Points CEO. “Pulver has unmatched experience, vision, and networks, and will be an extraordinary asset to our organization.”
In 1995, Pulver coined the term VON to stand for Voice/Video on the Net and continues today to contribute words to both the telecom and social media vernacular. From 1997 to 2008, he produced and hosted the VON Conferences. VON conferences in the US and Europe helped create and coalesce ecosystems around VoIP and online communications. In 2016, Jeff launched MoNage, exploring the future of communications and the evolution of conversational interfaces through computing and AI.
The addition of Pulver comes just a week after Chain of Points added Microsoft, Amazon, and Expedia executive Gene Kavner to their board.
For more information on Chain of Points, please visit chainofpoints.com.
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019