Lunyr has announced it will launch a token crowdsale on March 29, 2017 at 16:00 UTC.
Lunyr is an Ethereum-based decentralized crowdsourced encyclopedia which rewards users with app tokens for peer-reviewing and contributing information. It aims to be the starting point of the internet for finding reliable, accurate information. Lunyr builds upon the philosophy of Wikipedia and invents a next generation knowledge base on the Ethereum blockchain.
Arnold Pham, the cofounder of Lunyr explained:
“Lunyr can be thought of as the knowledge layer of Ethereum, driven by consensus and economic incentives, for creating next generation decentralized applications.”
The long-term vision of Lunyr is to develop a knowledge base API which developers can use to create next generation decentralized applications in Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and more. The Lunyr API holds promise for significantly changing existing business models and creating new ones. The Ethereum blockchain currently has no knowledge of the real world, yet most useful applications require real world information. Through the Lunyr API, decentralized applications will be able to tap into the knowledge base and grab accurate data on real world events and information.
Information plays a crucial role in life and is required on a daily basis. According to Alexa rankings, seven of the top 10 most globally visited sites are associated with searching and obtaining information. Currently, the world’s most valuable reference site is Wikipedia, which many now view as “truth.” But problems arise when the “truth” is inaccurate but accepted by billions of people.
On Wikipedia, many articles can be edited by anyone with an internet connection. Users can easily falsify information. Although popular articles with inaccuracies are likely to be quickly corrected, less popular articles can go uncorrected for months. For example, John Seigenthaler, a former assistant to U.S. Senator Robert Kennedy, was falsely implicated in the assassinations of the Kennedy brothers on his Wikipedia biography for over four months.
Enter Ethereum, a decentralized platform for applications that runs exactly as programmed without fraud, censorship or third-party interference. “Using Ethereum, Lunyr creates a next generation knowledge base that solves the problem of inaccurate information and pushes the boundaries of crowdsourced knowledge,” said Arnold.
Ethereum enables the creation of app tokens, which can be used in an incentive system to replace intermediaries. In Lunyr’s system, tokens play a key role in providing incentives so that the rational behavior of individuals results in common good. All content submissions go through a mandatory peer review process and are not committed to the knowledge base until validated for reliability and accuracy. A powerful incentive system enabled by app tokens ensures that peer reviewers act in the best interest of the ecosystem. The end result is highly accurate and reliable information, rewards for contributors, and a wellspring of reliable information for creating next generation decentralized applications.
Further Information: https://lunyr.com
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019