Lunyr has announced it will launch a token crowdsale on March 29, 2017 at 16:00 UTC.
Lunyr is an Ethereum-based decentralized crowdsourced encyclopedia which rewards users with app tokens for peer-reviewing and contributing information. It aims to be the starting point of the internet for finding reliable, accurate information. Lunyr builds upon the philosophy of Wikipedia and invents a next generation knowledge base on the Ethereum blockchain.
Arnold Pham, the cofounder of Lunyr explained:
“Lunyr can be thought of as the knowledge layer of Ethereum, driven by consensus and economic incentives, for creating next generation decentralized applications.”
The long-term vision of Lunyr is to develop a knowledge base API which developers can use to create next generation decentralized applications in Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and more. The Lunyr API holds promise for significantly changing existing business models and creating new ones. The Ethereum blockchain currently has no knowledge of the real world, yet most useful applications require real world information. Through the Lunyr API, decentralized applications will be able to tap into the knowledge base and grab accurate data on real world events and information.
Information plays a crucial role in life and is required on a daily basis. According to Alexa rankings, seven of the top 10 most globally visited sites are associated with searching and obtaining information. Currently, the world’s most valuable reference site is Wikipedia, which many now view as “truth.” But problems arise when the “truth” is inaccurate but accepted by billions of people.
On Wikipedia, many articles can be edited by anyone with an internet connection. Users can easily falsify information. Although popular articles with inaccuracies are likely to be quickly corrected, less popular articles can go uncorrected for months. For example, John Seigenthaler, a former assistant to U.S. Senator Robert Kennedy, was falsely implicated in the assassinations of the Kennedy brothers on his Wikipedia biography for over four months.
Enter Ethereum, a decentralized platform for applications that runs exactly as programmed without fraud, censorship or third-party interference. “Using Ethereum, Lunyr creates a next generation knowledge base that solves the problem of inaccurate information and pushes the boundaries of crowdsourced knowledge,” said Arnold.
Ethereum enables the creation of app tokens, which can be used in an incentive system to replace intermediaries. In Lunyr’s system, tokens play a key role in providing incentives so that the rational behavior of individuals results in common good. All content submissions go through a mandatory peer review process and are not committed to the knowledge base until validated for reliability and accuracy. A powerful incentive system enabled by app tokens ensures that peer reviewers act in the best interest of the ecosystem. The end result is highly accurate and reliable information, rewards for contributors, and a wellspring of reliable information for creating next generation decentralized applications.
Further Information: https://lunyr.com
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019