yoyow.org is a Chinese Blockchain-based social media platform that developed by senior members of China Bitshares community.
The group is confident.
“Yoyow will become the Blockchain version of Facebook, Quora and Zhihu” said Alex Lee, media manager in yoyow project for oversea market .”Compare to our competitors (steemit, decent etc.), yoyow has many advantages: Firstly, the yoyow Blockchain is built on Graphene framework that provide fast confirmation speed, and use a new consensus algorithm – PoF (proof of flow) to better reward content creators, curators and third party platforms. Secondly, a lower system influence ratio, the annual influence ratio of yoyo coins will below 10% to avoid price fluctuation and ensure the investment from our investors is not eroded. Thirdly, yoyow built-in full toolkits for content compliance and advertising systems to make yoyow project more sustainable.”
Following are some main features of yoyow project:
- Blockchain-based Content Platform
All text content such as articles, urls are storage on the yoyow Blockchain, multi-media content such as images, videos will be storage on InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) network. The underlying architecture used by yoyow Blockchain is Graphene that provides lightning fast confirmation speed which is essential to a Blockchain-based content platform.
- Content Compliance
Like witness system used by bitshares, yoyow has a similar system called “Council”.The members of Council are elected by stakeholders of the platform. Except for generating blocks, etc. the Council also has the right of removing content from the Blockchain if the content violates the law. BUT the removal right can only be used when majority is reached in the Council.
- PoF (proof of flow)
For any kind of social media platform and website, its value is always about website traffic. Platform carry information users needed. Traffic brings advertisement and profits to platform. So they believe user’s value to the platform can be evaluated by how many effective traffic users brings to the yoyow platform, and at the same time, yoyow gives rewards to users that creating useful content which attract more traffic to the yoyow platform.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019