SIX Securities Services, Switzerland’s post-trade market infrastructure has developed – and intends to deploy – a distributed ledger technology (DLT) based solution covering the entire bond life-cycle – from issuance to settlement.
In late September last year SIX Securities Services announced its partnership with Digital Asset Holdings to develop distributed ledger technology based solutions for the Swiss Financial Market.
The bond issuance prototype, was presented at this year’s SIX Securities Services Post Trade Forum at the Andaz Hotel in London on the 16th of March. The solution enables the issuing of bonds as smart contracts that specify at what dates coupon payments are made, for what amounts and how/when repayments occur.
The customer benefits of a distributed ledger based platform are numerous. They include: one single source of data stored on a ledger, agreed to and used by all parties to the transaction; an immutable digital record of transaction data flows between market participants – secure, confidential and highly available; Significant cost reduction through the removal of operational and reconciliation processes and the reduction of settlement/counterparty risk and associated capital requirements.
Thomas Zeeb, CEO SIX Securities Services:
“This is an interesting solution approach. Though still some way off for market-wide adoption, we are firmly of the belief that the potential shown here is promising – for us – and for the industry as a whole. It also demonstrates our philosophy of focus and determination to research technological advancement with minimal disruption to our existing business models. I am convinced that what we have achieved with this approach could revolutionise several processes used by the Swiss Financial Services Industry while sustainably securing our role in the provision of services throughout the Swiss Value Chain.
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019