Blockgeeks Lab, an online education platform for Blockchain technology, announced its Blockchain Hackathon where developers can win up to $25,000 in cash prizes. The hackathon will also feature a speech from Vitalik Buterin, inventor of the world’s 2nd largest and fastest growing public Blockchain, ethereum.
On April 22 and 23 at MaRS in Toronto, developers will work in teams for over 38 hours to create a Blockchain idea from scratch. The final products will be presented to a panel of judges on April 23, and the final winners will be selected. The first place prize is $5,000, second prize $3,000, and the third prize is $1,000. There is a bonus prize of $15,000 given to the team selected by Polychain Capital. Blockgeeks Lab will also be distributing additional prizes throughout the event.
“Toronto is becoming a hotbed for cryptocurrencies and Blockchain innovation. We want to bring developer talent together with the goal of Toronto becoming a global leader in the Blockchain industry,” said Dmitry Buterin, founding partner of Blockgeeks Lab.
Father-and-son Blockchain duo Dmitry and Vitalik are coming together with industry experts for a speaker event on April 21 to discuss Blockchain’s potential impact on several industries. In 2014, Vitalik Buterin won a $100K Thiel Fellowship and the World Technology Award 2014 – IT Software for his work on ethereum, beating Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook in this category.
Other speakers during the event include Paycase CTO Michael Young and Nuco CEO and co-founder Matthew Spoke.
“Blockchain is a major technological invention over the last decade that creates unprecedented opportunities to re-think the way the world operates and interacts,” said Dmitry. “We think it’s time more Canadians know about Blockchain and the story of ethereum, which was created by my son Vitalik, right here in Toronto.”
Applications are open until April 19 here.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019