Blockgeeks Lab, an online education platform for Blockchain technology, announced its Blockchain Hackathon where developers can win up to $25,000 in cash prizes. The hackathon will also feature a speech from Vitalik Buterin, inventor of the world’s 2nd largest and fastest growing public Blockchain, ethereum.
On April 22 and 23 at MaRS in Toronto, developers will work in teams for over 38 hours to create a Blockchain idea from scratch. The final products will be presented to a panel of judges on April 23, and the final winners will be selected. The first place prize is $5,000, second prize $3,000, and the third prize is $1,000. There is a bonus prize of $15,000 given to the team selected by Polychain Capital. Blockgeeks Lab will also be distributing additional prizes throughout the event.
“Toronto is becoming a hotbed for cryptocurrencies and Blockchain innovation. We want to bring developer talent together with the goal of Toronto becoming a global leader in the Blockchain industry,” said Dmitry Buterin, founding partner of Blockgeeks Lab.
Father-and-son Blockchain duo Dmitry and Vitalik are coming together with industry experts for a speaker event on April 21 to discuss Blockchain’s potential impact on several industries. In 2014, Vitalik Buterin won a $100K Thiel Fellowship and the World Technology Award 2014 – IT Software for his work on ethereum, beating Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook in this category.
Other speakers during the event include Paycase CTO Michael Young and Nuco CEO and co-founder Matthew Spoke.
“Blockchain is a major technological invention over the last decade that creates unprecedented opportunities to re-think the way the world operates and interacts,” said Dmitry. “We think it’s time more Canadians know about Blockchain and the story of ethereum, which was created by my son Vitalik, right here in Toronto.”
Applications are open until April 19 here.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019