The Ethereum Movie Venture (EMV) announced their sold out ICO/ITO which initiallcy kicked off on March 20th. The project, which reached their funding target in the second-funding stage during the easter holidays had already accumulated funds from an early stage smart contract.
Ethereum Movie Venture is the platform that handles the world’s first Ethereum funded movie. The ICO was sold out after 3 weeks even though it was planned to last for 8 weeks. During the full-period of the token sale, the aKenEvilThing & blockchain.swisscoast.com
The ERC-20 certified EMV Token being sold is used to redistribute 75% of the movies net profit in the next 20 years. In that way the token represents an ownership on the first Ethereum financed movie „The Pitts Circus Family“ will be a voting and funding instrument for future funded indie-projects which could bring a boost to Ethereum`s publicity.
One of the goal of the project is to bring the Ethereum Blockchain to mainstream consumers.The tool that is used is the low-budget independent movie that promises a large ROI in case of success.
Consumers who want to watch the movie by pay per view need EMV Tokens to access the movie. During the ICO phase the team gave away some prizes on competitions (sponsored Ethercards and Trezor & Ledger wallets with ETH & EMV token) to attract attention on the social web. Furthermore they will give some of the partnership tokens to gatekeepers of the movie-industry during film the festivals in 2018. A few remaining EMV coins will be distributed to early bird ticket buyers to incentives the use of Ether and Ethereum tokens. Later on, consumers will have to use EMV tokens to view the movie online or vote on upcoming Ethereum based indie movie projects.
There is a strong development inside the Ethereum ecosystem. But what is more important is that the there is a growing Ethereum funded ecosystem of large and small projects all around the planet. Those Ethereum funded and based projects attract more and more attention to cryptocurrency. Ethereum Movie Venture was not the biggest ICO in the history of blockchain and it also not the fastest one. But it sure is a project with big ambition when it comes to shifting the adoption curve of innovation theory.
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019