Monolith Studio has announced its token launch (ICO) for TokenCard, the first debit card powered by smart contracts. TokenCard brings the VISA payments network to Ethereum so that token holders will soon be able to use Ether as well as other ERC20 tokens to purchase items anywhere that accepts VISA debit cards.
TokenCard will launch its ‘token creation’ of a new ERC20 token, called TKN, on May 2nd. TKN holders have a pro-rata share in an accumulation of different Ethereum tokens that accrue to the ‘TKN Asset Contract’. To download the whitepaper and register for updates, please visit http://tokencard.io/.
TokenCard is a project by Monolith Studio, a Web3 startup trying to solve the problem of bringing Ethereum to the real world.
“We are witnessing the birth of the biggest shake up in financial history with the introduction of the Ethereum Economy,” said Mel Gelderman, creator of TokenCard. “TokenCard is a platform that brings this new kind of economy to the general public through a clever trifecta of technology. Users choose a Contract Wallet rather than having to deposit funds outside of their control. TokenCard VISA debit cards draw funds from this contract wallet that support Ether and almost any ERC20 token. Users can use the Token App to operate their Contract Wallet and manage their TokenCard, giving them a top-tier mobile banking experience that adds unique features into the mix like multi-asset spending. For example, users can pay for their afternoon lunch with Ethereum tokens and can even split the bill between for example 30% DGX, 20% REP, and 50% ETH — all this while remaining in full control of their assets.”
Aside from providing a solution for the underlying Ethereum community, TokenCard is uniquely equipped to improve upon the entire spectrum of regular debit card and banking services. Markets like international remittances and asset management are ripe for innovation using Ethereum technology, and TokenCard is well-positioned to reach these new frontiers as a revolutionary financial solution.
While initially providing current token holders with payment utility, the core vision of TokenCard is to build a product that anyone can use. With the accompanying Token app alongside the debit card, regular users will have a familiar platform to access and engage in the Ethereum ecosystem.
“TokenCard makes every token better, letting users spend supported tokens with just a swipe at VISA merchants worldwide,” said Peter Vessenes, founder of New Alchemy. “It has unique benefits for the remittance market, and the TKN token being issued is designed to let all TKN holders benefit from broad market exposure to the token economy. This is a great, great offering and we’re excited to be part of it.”
To download the whitepaper and register for the pre-sale, please visit http://tokencard.io/.
Monolith Studio was founded by Mel Gelderman and David Hoggard. Monolith Studio is a Web3 venture production studio that is exploring ways to realize the potential of Ethereum. Monolith’s first product TokenCard, combines Ethereum smart contracts and VISA payments. For more information, please visit www.monolith.ventures.
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019