Monolith Studio has announced its token launch (ICO) for TokenCard, the first debit card powered by smart contracts. TokenCard brings the VISA payments network to Ethereum so that token holders will soon be able to use Ether as well as other ERC20 tokens to purchase items anywhere that accepts VISA debit cards.
TokenCard will launch its ‘token creation’ of a new ERC20 token, called TKN, on May 2nd. TKN holders have a pro-rata share in an accumulation of different Ethereum tokens that accrue to the ‘TKN Asset Contract’. To download the whitepaper and register for updates, please visit http://tokencard.io/.
TokenCard is a project by Monolith Studio, a Web3 startup trying to solve the problem of bringing Ethereum to the real world.
“We are witnessing the birth of the biggest shake up in financial history with the introduction of the Ethereum Economy,” said Mel Gelderman, creator of TokenCard. “TokenCard is a platform that brings this new kind of economy to the general public through a clever trifecta of technology. Users choose a Contract Wallet rather than having to deposit funds outside of their control. TokenCard VISA debit cards draw funds from this contract wallet that support Ether and almost any ERC20 token. Users can use the Token App to operate their Contract Wallet and manage their TokenCard, giving them a top-tier mobile banking experience that adds unique features into the mix like multi-asset spending. For example, users can pay for their afternoon lunch with Ethereum tokens and can even split the bill between for example 30% DGX, 20% REP, and 50% ETH — all this while remaining in full control of their assets.”
Aside from providing a solution for the underlying Ethereum community, TokenCard is uniquely equipped to improve upon the entire spectrum of regular debit card and banking services. Markets like international remittances and asset management are ripe for innovation using Ethereum technology, and TokenCard is well-positioned to reach these new frontiers as a revolutionary financial solution.
While initially providing current token holders with payment utility, the core vision of TokenCard is to build a product that anyone can use. With the accompanying Token app alongside the debit card, regular users will have a familiar platform to access and engage in the Ethereum ecosystem.
“TokenCard makes every token better, letting users spend supported tokens with just a swipe at VISA merchants worldwide,” said Peter Vessenes, founder of New Alchemy. “It has unique benefits for the remittance market, and the TKN token being issued is designed to let all TKN holders benefit from broad market exposure to the token economy. This is a great, great offering and we’re excited to be part of it.”
To download the whitepaper and register for the pre-sale, please visit http://tokencard.io/.
Monolith Studio was founded by Mel Gelderman and David Hoggard. Monolith Studio is a Web3 venture production studio that is exploring ways to realize the potential of Ethereum. Monolith’s first product TokenCard, combines Ethereum smart contracts and VISA payments. For more information, please visit www.monolith.ventures.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019