Monolith Studio has announced its token launch (ICO) for TokenCard, the first debit card powered by smart contracts. TokenCard brings the VISA payments network to Ethereum so that token holders will soon be able to use Ether as well as other ERC20 tokens to purchase items anywhere that accepts VISA debit cards.
TokenCard will launch its ‘token creation’ of a new ERC20 token, called TKN, on May 2nd. TKN holders have a pro-rata share in an accumulation of different Ethereum tokens that accrue to the ‘TKN Asset Contract’. To download the whitepaper and register for updates, please visit http://tokencard.io/.
TokenCard is a project by Monolith Studio, a Web3 startup trying to solve the problem of bringing Ethereum to the real world.
“We are witnessing the birth of the biggest shake up in financial history with the introduction of the Ethereum Economy,” said Mel Gelderman, creator of TokenCard. “TokenCard is a platform that brings this new kind of economy to the general public through a clever trifecta of technology. Users choose a Contract Wallet rather than having to deposit funds outside of their control. TokenCard VISA debit cards draw funds from this contract wallet that support Ether and almost any ERC20 token. Users can use the Token App to operate their Contract Wallet and manage their TokenCard, giving them a top-tier mobile banking experience that adds unique features into the mix like multi-asset spending. For example, users can pay for their afternoon lunch with Ethereum tokens and can even split the bill between for example 30% DGX, 20% REP, and 50% ETH — all this while remaining in full control of their assets.”
Aside from providing a solution for the underlying Ethereum community, TokenCard is uniquely equipped to improve upon the entire spectrum of regular debit card and banking services. Markets like international remittances and asset management are ripe for innovation using Ethereum technology, and TokenCard is well-positioned to reach these new frontiers as a revolutionary financial solution.
While initially providing current token holders with payment utility, the core vision of TokenCard is to build a product that anyone can use. With the accompanying Token app alongside the debit card, regular users will have a familiar platform to access and engage in the Ethereum ecosystem.
“TokenCard makes every token better, letting users spend supported tokens with just a swipe at VISA merchants worldwide,” said Peter Vessenes, founder of New Alchemy. “It has unique benefits for the remittance market, and the TKN token being issued is designed to let all TKN holders benefit from broad market exposure to the token economy. This is a great, great offering and we’re excited to be part of it.”
To download the whitepaper and register for the pre-sale, please visit http://tokencard.io/.
Monolith Studio was founded by Mel Gelderman and David Hoggard. Monolith Studio is a Web3 venture production studio that is exploring ways to realize the potential of Ethereum. Monolith’s first product TokenCard, combines Ethereum smart contracts and VISA payments. For more information, please visit www.monolith.ventures.
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019