With over 11,600 participants and an average contribution of $430, Humaniq a humanitarian Blockchain startup aimed at empowering emerging economies with financial inclusion tools has broken the $5 million dollar mark as their ICO drew to a conclusion at midnight CET on April 26th.
Their goal is to provide financial services to some of two billion unbanked people around the world.
“We’re in a much better position to achieve this thanks to the extremely enthusiastic support of the people who have contributed to our ICO. We’re already moving ahead to the next steps. We’re continuing to refine our app, which we’ve been testing since March 15th when we released it on iOS and Android. We’re moving forward with our Ambassador program and now we’ll have the resources we need to roll it out and start training our local brand advocates to push user adoption in our target areas. We’re continuing to partner with very exciting companies: some are working on parts of our app, and many are working on creating their own third party services to plug into the Humaniq ecosystem. We’ve opened offices in Moscow, Luxembourg, and London so that we can keep our fingers on the pulse of the fintech scene and take advantage of all new opportunities that are presented to us,”stated Chairman Alex Fork.
In his blog post he added that they have come a very long way in a very short period of time.
“Barely more than a year ago I was discussing the idea of Humaniq with Vitalik Buterin, and I began putting the pieces into place throughout the summer and fall of 2016. In December we gathered a tiny international team of five people to do a quick and lean campaign for our pre-ICO so we could secure funding to develop our app prototype and gauge interest in the project. We had a goal of $68,000 and then we proceeded to get swamped with an outpouring of support, ending up with almost $110,000. Knowing that we were on to something, we took a break for the New Year’s holidays and cogitated on what we learned from the pre-ICO, planning our next steps carefully.”
In January they put together the core of our ICO team.
“These wonderful people are the ones who set us up for the success we’re experiencing today. They worked long hours to help refine and implement our multi-phase plan. Doing an ICO well is not easy, and there are a lot of moving parts, but they’ve been remarkable from the start. We’ve grown our team since then, adding people who have helped us in many different ways and brought valuable experience to the project. We’re going to keep growing, because the vision that we started with over a year ago is now a reality, and it’s time for us to get back to work on Humaniq. I don’t think our supporters would expect anything less of us.”
“To everyone who believes in us and has contributed to our pre-ICO and ICO, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Without you, Humaniq wouldn’t be possible.”
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019
- Shanghai Blockchain Week Returns for Fifth Consecutive Year to Discuss the Next Decade of the Blockchain Industry - September 3, 2019
- ICO that Raised $37M in 18 minutes – Monetha – Passes Legal Audit on White Paper Commitments with Flying Colours - September 2, 2019