With over 11,600 participants and an average contribution of $430, Humaniq a humanitarian Blockchain startup aimed at empowering emerging economies with financial inclusion tools has broken the $5 million dollar mark as their ICO drew to a conclusion at midnight CET on April 26th.
Their goal is to provide financial services to some of two billion unbanked people around the world.
“We’re in a much better position to achieve this thanks to the extremely enthusiastic support of the people who have contributed to our ICO. We’re already moving ahead to the next steps. We’re continuing to refine our app, which we’ve been testing since March 15th when we released it on iOS and Android. We’re moving forward with our Ambassador program and now we’ll have the resources we need to roll it out and start training our local brand advocates to push user adoption in our target areas. We’re continuing to partner with very exciting companies: some are working on parts of our app, and many are working on creating their own third party services to plug into the Humaniq ecosystem. We’ve opened offices in Moscow, Luxembourg, and London so that we can keep our fingers on the pulse of the fintech scene and take advantage of all new opportunities that are presented to us,”stated Chairman Alex Fork.
In his blog post he added that they have come a very long way in a very short period of time.
“Barely more than a year ago I was discussing the idea of Humaniq with Vitalik Buterin, and I began putting the pieces into place throughout the summer and fall of 2016. In December we gathered a tiny international team of five people to do a quick and lean campaign for our pre-ICO so we could secure funding to develop our app prototype and gauge interest in the project. We had a goal of $68,000 and then we proceeded to get swamped with an outpouring of support, ending up with almost $110,000. Knowing that we were on to something, we took a break for the New Year’s holidays and cogitated on what we learned from the pre-ICO, planning our next steps carefully.”
In January they put together the core of our ICO team.
“These wonderful people are the ones who set us up for the success we’re experiencing today. They worked long hours to help refine and implement our multi-phase plan. Doing an ICO well is not easy, and there are a lot of moving parts, but they’ve been remarkable from the start. We’ve grown our team since then, adding people who have helped us in many different ways and brought valuable experience to the project. We’re going to keep growing, because the vision that we started with over a year ago is now a reality, and it’s time for us to get back to work on Humaniq. I don’t think our supporters would expect anything less of us.”
“To everyone who believes in us and has contributed to our pre-ICO and ICO, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Without you, Humaniq wouldn’t be possible.”
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019