With over 11,600 participants and an average contribution of $430, Humaniq a humanitarian Blockchain startup aimed at empowering emerging economies with financial inclusion tools has broken the $5 million dollar mark as their ICO drew to a conclusion at midnight CET on April 26th.
Their goal is to provide financial services to some of two billion unbanked people around the world.
“We’re in a much better position to achieve this thanks to the extremely enthusiastic support of the people who have contributed to our ICO. We’re already moving ahead to the next steps. We’re continuing to refine our app, which we’ve been testing since March 15th when we released it on iOS and Android. We’re moving forward with our Ambassador program and now we’ll have the resources we need to roll it out and start training our local brand advocates to push user adoption in our target areas. We’re continuing to partner with very exciting companies: some are working on parts of our app, and many are working on creating their own third party services to plug into the Humaniq ecosystem. We’ve opened offices in Moscow, Luxembourg, and London so that we can keep our fingers on the pulse of the fintech scene and take advantage of all new opportunities that are presented to us,”stated Chairman Alex Fork.
In his blog post he added that they have come a very long way in a very short period of time.
“Barely more than a year ago I was discussing the idea of Humaniq with Vitalik Buterin, and I began putting the pieces into place throughout the summer and fall of 2016. In December we gathered a tiny international team of five people to do a quick and lean campaign for our pre-ICO so we could secure funding to develop our app prototype and gauge interest in the project. We had a goal of $68,000 and then we proceeded to get swamped with an outpouring of support, ending up with almost $110,000. Knowing that we were on to something, we took a break for the New Year’s holidays and cogitated on what we learned from the pre-ICO, planning our next steps carefully.”
In January they put together the core of our ICO team.
“These wonderful people are the ones who set us up for the success we’re experiencing today. They worked long hours to help refine and implement our multi-phase plan. Doing an ICO well is not easy, and there are a lot of moving parts, but they’ve been remarkable from the start. We’ve grown our team since then, adding people who have helped us in many different ways and brought valuable experience to the project. We’re going to keep growing, because the vision that we started with over a year ago is now a reality, and it’s time for us to get back to work on Humaniq. I don’t think our supporters would expect anything less of us.”
“To everyone who believes in us and has contributed to our pre-ICO and ICO, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Without you, Humaniq wouldn’t be possible.”
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019