With over 11,600 participants and an average contribution of $430, Humaniq a humanitarian Blockchain startup aimed at empowering emerging economies with financial inclusion tools has broken the $5 million dollar mark as their ICO drew to a conclusion at midnight CET on April 26th.
Their goal is to provide financial services to some of two billion unbanked people around the world.
“We’re in a much better position to achieve this thanks to the extremely enthusiastic support of the people who have contributed to our ICO. We’re already moving ahead to the next steps. We’re continuing to refine our app, which we’ve been testing since March 15th when we released it on iOS and Android. We’re moving forward with our Ambassador program and now we’ll have the resources we need to roll it out and start training our local brand advocates to push user adoption in our target areas. We’re continuing to partner with very exciting companies: some are working on parts of our app, and many are working on creating their own third party services to plug into the Humaniq ecosystem. We’ve opened offices in Moscow, Luxembourg, and London so that we can keep our fingers on the pulse of the fintech scene and take advantage of all new opportunities that are presented to us,”stated Chairman Alex Fork.
In his blog post he added that they have come a very long way in a very short period of time.
“Barely more than a year ago I was discussing the idea of Humaniq with Vitalik Buterin, and I began putting the pieces into place throughout the summer and fall of 2016. In December we gathered a tiny international team of five people to do a quick and lean campaign for our pre-ICO so we could secure funding to develop our app prototype and gauge interest in the project. We had a goal of $68,000 and then we proceeded to get swamped with an outpouring of support, ending up with almost $110,000. Knowing that we were on to something, we took a break for the New Year’s holidays and cogitated on what we learned from the pre-ICO, planning our next steps carefully.”
In January they put together the core of our ICO team.
“These wonderful people are the ones who set us up for the success we’re experiencing today. They worked long hours to help refine and implement our multi-phase plan. Doing an ICO well is not easy, and there are a lot of moving parts, but they’ve been remarkable from the start. We’ve grown our team since then, adding people who have helped us in many different ways and brought valuable experience to the project. We’re going to keep growing, because the vision that we started with over a year ago is now a reality, and it’s time for us to get back to work on Humaniq. I don’t think our supporters would expect anything less of us.”
“To everyone who believes in us and has contributed to our pre-ICO and ICO, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Without you, Humaniq wouldn’t be possible.”
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019