Ripple, the only Blockchain payments provider with proven commercial deployments, announced today the addition of 10 new customers to its growing global network. These financial institutions include MUFG,BBVA, SEB, Akbank, Axis Bank, YES BANK, SBI Remit, Cambridge Global Payments, Star One Credit Union and eZforex.com, representing some of the world’s largest banks, innovative smaller banks and payment service providers (PSPs). These customers have all turned to Ripple as the Blockchain solution that solves the problems of speed, scalability and costs associated with the old way of conducting global payments.
“The world’s largest banks have been the first to adopt Ripple’s technology, and the network effect from our customer base is accelerating,” said Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse. “People know Ripple is the only Blockchain solution for payments that is proven in the real world, and it’s driving demand from financial institutions of all kinds and sizes because they want to stay ahead of the curve.”
This new group of customers showcases how Ripple can drastically reduce the time and cost associated with global transactions for a breadth of financial institutions, including the following use cases:
- BBVA, one of the top 50 largest banks in the world, is using Ripple to enable real-time payments between Europe and Mexico.
- Digital banking pioneer and one of Turkey’s largest private banks, Akbank, is the first bank in Turkey to adopt Blockchain and is a model for other banks who want to make faster cross-border payments without the need for correspondents.
- Star One is the first credit union to offer Ripple remittances to customers via eZforex.com, demonstrating how smaller banks can lower costs and achieve much greater reach for their customers.
- Cambridge Global Payments and Earthport are collaborating with Ripple to improve the customer experience, increase the reach and reduce the cost of real-time cross-border payments.
Today’s news follows last week’s release of Ripple’s Q1 2017 XRP Markets Report highlighting the tremendous growth in adoption of the digital asset XRP with $6.7MM purchased during the quarter. Growing volume for XRP strengthens it as a solution for banks and PSPs interested in lowering liquidity costs for their global payments.
Several of the financial institutions commented on their use of Ripple’s Blockchain network:
Hirofumi Aihara, General Manager, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, a member of MUFG:
“We are very pleased to be working with Ripple to provide new types of payments services to change our customers’ experience using the power of the Blockchain technology. To demonstrate our commitment to the technology, we are joining the Japan Bank Consortium to collaborate with other Japanese banks move to commercial use of Ripple’s global network. I do believe we can bring our experience from the Japan Bank Consortium to the Global Payments Steering Group.”
Tolga Ulutaş, Executive Vice President in charge of Akbank Direct Banking:
“We are excited and happy to be the first bank in Turkey to take the important step of using Blockchain technology for international money transfer services. We believe that this new phase in technology will increase speed and transparency for our customers while at the same time reducing costs and providing a higher quality of service.”
To learn more about Ripple’s solutions and relevant use cases for financial institutions, please visit Ripple.com.
Ripple provides global financial settlement solutions to ultimately enable the world to exchange value like it already exchanges information – giving rise to an Internet of Value (IoV). Ripple solutions lower the total cost of settlement by enabling banks to transact directly and with real-time certainty, optionally using the digital asset XRP to further reduce liquidity costs. Banks around the world are partnering with Ripple to improve their cross-border payment offerings, and to join its growing, global network of financial institutions and liquidity providers.
Ripple is a venture-backed startup with offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Sydney and Luxembourg. As an industry advocate for the Internet of Value, Ripple sits on the Federal Reserve’s Faster Payments Task Force Steering Committee and co-chairs the W3C’s Web Payments Working Group.
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019