A recently completed proof of concept study demonstrates that robust identity trust can be integrated with Blockchain technology. This development has significant implications for the use of distributed electronic ledgers (i.e., Blockchain) for pharmaceutical, healthcare and other applications.
The study was conducted by Peer Ledger, a Canadian Blockchain company, SAFE-BioPharma Association, the organization managing the global SAFE-BioPharma digital identity management standard and Synchronoss, a leading provider of standards-based digital identities.
“Blockchain – the technology underlying Bitcoin – has the power to disrupt traditional practices for drug discovery, patient engagement and monitoring, payments, and participatory healthcare delivery,” said Dawn Jutla, Ph.D., CEO and founder, Peer Ledger.
Blockchain technology deploys a shared, synchronized, distributed ledger of transactions, guaranteeing security and decreased fraud by providing a permanent record of who accessed ledgers and what they did.
The proof of concept showed that SAFE-BioPharma compliant digital identities can be linked to the Blockchain to assure trust in the identity of each person engaged in the transaction. Transactions can be anonymous until the completion of a clinical study or other project and subsequently “chained back” to the proven identity of the user if needed for regulatory or clinical purposes. Alternatively, the identities associated with each block can be known throughout the process, such as in track and trace applications for the medicines supply chain.
“Every SAFE-BioPharma compliant identity credential accurately represents the proven identity of the person using it. Teaming these credentials with anonymous Blockchain ledger postings enables use cases critical for overall cybersecurity across healthcare and the life sciences,” explained Mollie Shields Uehling, president and CEO, SAFE-BioPharma Association.
Prior to the study, identities associated with distributed electronic ledgers were entirely anonymous. The study shows that cyber identities that comply with the SAFE-BioPharma standard allow identities to be de-anonymized, a requirement for double-blinded clinical trials, audits and responsible supply chains.
Peer Ledger is a Blockchain company specializing in the pharmaceutical, healthcare and precious metal sectors. It offers an identity bridge product between public key infrastructure and Blockchain, and the Mimosi track-and-trace Blockchain product for responsible supply chains.
The SAFE-BioPharma standards for digital identity and digital signatures are used in life science and health care.
Synchronoss (NASDAQ:SNCR) is an innovative software company with simple, powerful and flexible solutions used by more than 3 billion mobile users and 300 of the Fortune 500 worldwide.
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019
- China’s LiveDAO To Tap 5G Tech for Live Broadcasting - August 8, 2019