A recently completed proof of concept study demonstrates that robust identity trust can be integrated with Blockchain technology. This development has significant implications for the use of distributed electronic ledgers (i.e., Blockchain) for pharmaceutical, healthcare and other applications.
The study was conducted by Peer Ledger, a Canadian Blockchain company, SAFE-BioPharma Association, the organization managing the global SAFE-BioPharma digital identity management standard and Synchronoss, a leading provider of standards-based digital identities.
“Blockchain – the technology underlying Bitcoin – has the power to disrupt traditional practices for drug discovery, patient engagement and monitoring, payments, and participatory healthcare delivery,” said Dawn Jutla, Ph.D., CEO and founder, Peer Ledger.
Blockchain technology deploys a shared, synchronized, distributed ledger of transactions, guaranteeing security and decreased fraud by providing a permanent record of who accessed ledgers and what they did.
The proof of concept showed that SAFE-BioPharma compliant digital identities can be linked to the Blockchain to assure trust in the identity of each person engaged in the transaction. Transactions can be anonymous until the completion of a clinical study or other project and subsequently “chained back” to the proven identity of the user if needed for regulatory or clinical purposes. Alternatively, the identities associated with each block can be known throughout the process, such as in track and trace applications for the medicines supply chain.
“Every SAFE-BioPharma compliant identity credential accurately represents the proven identity of the person using it. Teaming these credentials with anonymous Blockchain ledger postings enables use cases critical for overall cybersecurity across healthcare and the life sciences,” explained Mollie Shields Uehling, president and CEO, SAFE-BioPharma Association.
Prior to the study, identities associated with distributed electronic ledgers were entirely anonymous. The study shows that cyber identities that comply with the SAFE-BioPharma standard allow identities to be de-anonymized, a requirement for double-blinded clinical trials, audits and responsible supply chains.
Peer Ledger is a Blockchain company specializing in the pharmaceutical, healthcare and precious metal sectors. It offers an identity bridge product between public key infrastructure and Blockchain, and the Mimosi track-and-trace Blockchain product for responsible supply chains.
The SAFE-BioPharma standards for digital identity and digital signatures are used in life science and health care.
Synchronoss (NASDAQ:SNCR) is an innovative software company with simple, powerful and flexible solutions used by more than 3 billion mobile users and 300 of the Fortune 500 worldwide.
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019