A recently completed proof of concept study demonstrates that robust identity trust can be integrated with Blockchain technology. This development has significant implications for the use of distributed electronic ledgers (i.e., Blockchain) for pharmaceutical, healthcare and other applications.
The study was conducted by Peer Ledger, a Canadian Blockchain company, SAFE-BioPharma Association, the organization managing the global SAFE-BioPharma digital identity management standard and Synchronoss, a leading provider of standards-based digital identities.
“Blockchain – the technology underlying Bitcoin – has the power to disrupt traditional practices for drug discovery, patient engagement and monitoring, payments, and participatory healthcare delivery,” said Dawn Jutla, Ph.D., CEO and founder, Peer Ledger.
Blockchain technology deploys a shared, synchronized, distributed ledger of transactions, guaranteeing security and decreased fraud by providing a permanent record of who accessed ledgers and what they did.
The proof of concept showed that SAFE-BioPharma compliant digital identities can be linked to the Blockchain to assure trust in the identity of each person engaged in the transaction. Transactions can be anonymous until the completion of a clinical study or other project and subsequently “chained back” to the proven identity of the user if needed for regulatory or clinical purposes. Alternatively, the identities associated with each block can be known throughout the process, such as in track and trace applications for the medicines supply chain.
“Every SAFE-BioPharma compliant identity credential accurately represents the proven identity of the person using it. Teaming these credentials with anonymous Blockchain ledger postings enables use cases critical for overall cybersecurity across healthcare and the life sciences,” explained Mollie Shields Uehling, president and CEO, SAFE-BioPharma Association.
Prior to the study, identities associated with distributed electronic ledgers were entirely anonymous. The study shows that cyber identities that comply with the SAFE-BioPharma standard allow identities to be de-anonymized, a requirement for double-blinded clinical trials, audits and responsible supply chains.
Peer Ledger is a Blockchain company specializing in the pharmaceutical, healthcare and precious metal sectors. It offers an identity bridge product between public key infrastructure and Blockchain, and the Mimosi track-and-trace Blockchain product for responsible supply chains.
The SAFE-BioPharma standards for digital identity and digital signatures are used in life science and health care.
Synchronoss (NASDAQ:SNCR) is an innovative software company with simple, powerful and flexible solutions used by more than 3 billion mobile users and 300 of the Fortune 500 worldwide.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019