Canada’s BTL Group has announced a progress update and strategic outline for the rollout of Interbit, its proprietary private Blockchain technology platform, in a Beta version during the upcoming third quarter of this fiscal year.
“We are very proud of what we’ve achieved at BTL to date, which includes getting our Interbit platform to the Alpha state, along with funding in place to support development of the next phase. Having successfully completed pilot projects in the energy sector, and the finance space with Visa, we are more confident in our Blockchain technology than we’ve ever been and have a more transparent roadmap for Interbit’s route to market,” said Guy Halford-Thompson, BTL’s Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer. “We have built the Interbit platform specifically with enterprise in mind to help companies overcome many of the challenges they face today such as the high cost of maintaining legacy IT frameworks, speed of data transfer, data loss, reconciliation and cybersecurity,” he continued.
Following on from the success of pilot projects in 2016, BTL has been able to set a clear strategy for the 2017 financial and calendar year. In Q3 2017, which starts in July, BTL plans to accelerate Interbit’s go to market strategy by launching a Beta version of the platform, and shifting the focus onto enabling key clients to build their own applications on Interbit directly.
“We believe that enabling key clients to build on Interbit will create a growing pipeline of new business for BTL. Having successfully raised CAD$3,105,000 during our latest fundraise completed in April 2017, we have the ability to ramp up our technical resources and expand our teams in both Canada and the UK. By adding the right people to our highly experienced Blockchain technology team, our aim is that BTL and our Interbit platform will become a leading technology solutions provider,” added Guy Halford-Thompson.
During 2016, BTL’s highlights have been the successful completion of pilot projects with major global enterprises in both the finance and energy spaces. In these pilot projects, BTL has used its Interbit platform to demonstrate how it can use innovative processes to vastly reduce the complexity of transactional IT infrastructure, thus reducing risk and costs for enterprises.
In January 2017, BTL successfully launched the Alpha version of Interbit to undertake a European energy pilot. With this pilot past the halfway mark, the focus is to develop the framework for a commercial product and operating model for the conclusion of the pilot.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019