Wipro has joined the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) as a founding member. The EEA is founded to promote, develop and implement enterprise grade Ethereum-based Blockchain applications.
Bengaluru-headquartered Wipro has been actively contributing to Ethereum. The open source platform features Blockchain-based computing with smart contract functionality.
“We are excited to be a part of the founding team of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance and contribute towards key aspects such as security, privacy and scalability as they will be the key determinants in accelerating Blockchain adoption within enterprises,” said Krishnakumar N Menon, vice president of service transformation, Wipro Limited, in a joint statement.
Wipro’s research and development on Ethereum will emphasis more on privacy, scalability, confidentiality and security. The solution also enables the development of Blockchain-based industry solutions such as Delivery versus Payments (DvP) settlement for securities and capital markets, skip-trace consortia for banking, peer-to-peer (P2P) insurance for the sharing economy and anti-counterfeit solution for supply chain traceability.
“It is great to have Wipro as a founding member of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance,” said Marley Gray, principal Blockchain architect, Microsoft.
In addition to the in-house developments, Ethereum is being used by Wipro client companies. The Indian IT giant has also established the Blockchain Innovation Lab as part of its Blockchain COE (Center of Excellence) to support the advanced developments. The lab has been founded to build use-case specific Blockchain solutions.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019