Wipro has joined the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) as a founding member. The EEA is founded to promote, develop and implement enterprise grade Ethereum-based Blockchain applications.
Bengaluru-headquartered Wipro has been actively contributing to Ethereum. The open source platform features Blockchain-based computing with smart contract functionality.
“We are excited to be a part of the founding team of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance and contribute towards key aspects such as security, privacy and scalability as they will be the key determinants in accelerating Blockchain adoption within enterprises,” said Krishnakumar N Menon, vice president of service transformation, Wipro Limited, in a joint statement.
Wipro’s research and development on Ethereum will emphasis more on privacy, scalability, confidentiality and security. The solution also enables the development of Blockchain-based industry solutions such as Delivery versus Payments (DvP) settlement for securities and capital markets, skip-trace consortia for banking, peer-to-peer (P2P) insurance for the sharing economy and anti-counterfeit solution for supply chain traceability.
“It is great to have Wipro as a founding member of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance,” said Marley Gray, principal Blockchain architect, Microsoft.
In addition to the in-house developments, Ethereum is being used by Wipro client companies. The Indian IT giant has also established the Blockchain Innovation Lab as part of its Blockchain COE (Center of Excellence) to support the advanced developments. The lab has been founded to build use-case specific Blockchain solutions.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019