We are looking for talented developers looking to build the next protocols of the internet. We are looking for entrepreneurs building the future of decentralized companies. Something the truly drives our investment thesis is following developer communities. Although this is still an extremely nascent space, I believe as Chris Dixon of A16Z said “What the smartest people do on the weekend is what everyone else will do during the week in ten years,” and I believe some of the smartest people in the world are working on blockchain technologies.
So we are looking for these people to tell us how they imagine the future and we want to provide early funding and resources to help them achieve it. A few things we are especially interested in are:
– Low level protocol stack to help build out decentralized internet which Coinbase founder Fred Ehrsam wrote about here
– Stable coins
– Tools to help run DAOs and OSS projects
– Governance models
Boost VC has invested in more than 180 companies and being deeply involved in Blockchain technology for over 4 years and they feel they are uniquely qualified in supporting this emerging token ecosystem. They plan to provide:
– Funding— ($25–100k) to give runway to build out product before doing a token sale (we have been fearful of those who do a token sale with no code to show).
– Network — For over 4 years we have built out a blockchain specific network with over 100 blockchain founders in our portfolio, over 100 co-investors in our companies, and a number of corporates, developers and enthusiasts.
– Knowledge/Strategy —We have learned a lot in our 4 years working with blockchain companies and have seen what works and does not.
– Housing/Office Space — Although most decentralized projects usually also comprise of decentralized teams we think there is something to be said about working side by side in the early days of a project. Therefore we provide a place in Silicon Valley to live and work to focus on building.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019