We are looking for talented developers looking to build the next protocols of the internet. We are looking for entrepreneurs building the future of decentralized companies. Something the truly drives our investment thesis is following developer communities. Although this is still an extremely nascent space, I believe as Chris Dixon of A16Z said “What the smartest people do on the weekend is what everyone else will do during the week in ten years,” and I believe some of the smartest people in the world are working on blockchain technologies.
So we are looking for these people to tell us how they imagine the future and we want to provide early funding and resources to help them achieve it. A few things we are especially interested in are:
– Low level protocol stack to help build out decentralized internet which Coinbase founder Fred Ehrsam wrote about here
– Stable coins
– Tools to help run DAOs and OSS projects
– Governance models
Boost VC has invested in more than 180 companies and being deeply involved in Blockchain technology for over 4 years and they feel they are uniquely qualified in supporting this emerging token ecosystem. They plan to provide:
– Funding— ($25–100k) to give runway to build out product before doing a token sale (we have been fearful of those who do a token sale with no code to show).
– Network — For over 4 years we have built out a blockchain specific network with over 100 blockchain founders in our portfolio, over 100 co-investors in our companies, and a number of corporates, developers and enthusiasts.
– Knowledge/Strategy —We have learned a lot in our 4 years working with blockchain companies and have seen what works and does not.
– Housing/Office Space — Although most decentralized projects usually also comprise of decentralized teams we think there is something to be said about working side by side in the early days of a project. Therefore we provide a place in Silicon Valley to live and work to focus on building.
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019