Blockchain startup BlockEx has partnered with the international law firm Winston & Strawn LLP, to create standardized templates for approximately 90 per cent of the legal documentation required for bond issuance. These smart contracts will dramatically reduce the time and cost for bond issuances and has garnered the company 12 new issues which are currently under due diligence vetting.
Furthermore BlockEx is leveraging its existing software to bring about enhanced automation to the entire lifecycle of a bond in order to further reduce costs. The BlockEx Digital Asset Platform is one of the few large scale production-ready Blockchain products and will be launching at the end of May 2017 with a full exchange, white label brokerage and debt origination tools that allows for full lifecycle management of Blockchain based financial assets.
“We have been closely watching developments in Blockchain technology and have been looking at opportunities to create efficiencies for existing structures by incorporating Blockchain technology,” said Angus Duncan, a finance partner at Winston & Strawn in London. “We are delighted to be working with BlockEx on their exciting new project.”
“The BlockEx Platform will democratise bond issuances enabling small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to tap into bond markets at lower costs. A bond issuance will normally cost between $200,000 to $400,000 once banking and legal fees are accounted for,” said James Godfrey MD Capital Markets at BlockEx. Listing on exchanges and obtaining bond ratings can add $165,000 to $200,000.
“We have received a lot of interest from SMEs who have been excluded from capital markets because the costs of going through a bond issuance are too high. The BlockEx Digital Asset Creation tool for SME debt via bonds, trade finance and syndicated loans radically changes the existing set-up,” said Adam Leonard, CEO at BlockEx.
The BlockEx Platform will shave costs by 50 – 75 per cent.
“This is a huge opportunity for SMEs and BlockEx is proud to provide the gateway to make this happen,” said Aleks Nowak, CIO at BlockEx. Instantaneous clearing and settlement of transactions means bond trades operate in T+30 seconds, as opposed to T+5 days, reducing counterparty risk. Transparency is uniquely increased, with KYC and due diligence available at the time of issuance.”
BlockEx’s Digital Asset Platform (DAxP) is an institutional grade exchange with Blockchain asset origination, dematerialisation and life-cycle management tools. The offices are in London, Bulgaria, Taiwan and Israel. https://www.blockex.com/
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019