The Decentralized Marketing Network (DMN), a peer-to-peer group for decentralized and Blockchain-based start-ups to improve marketing competency, released the first-ever “Marketing Maturity of Decentralized Startups, Q2 2017” today.
The Marketing Maturity of Decentralized Startups, Q2 2017 surveyed nearly 5 per cent of the global decentralized start-up industry. The report found that most start-ups and projects are not focused on marketing as a strategic necessity. Only 35 per cent of start-ups have anyone tasked with marketing and less than 5 per cent of budgets are allocated to marketing. The bulk of this investment is dedicated to content marketing (97 per cent of the start-ups surveyed are active bloggers; 87 per cent rely on organic Facebook and Twitter posts to build their eminence), trade shows and other events (83 per cent ).
“While many decentralization projects engage in marketing activities, a few key themes emerged as a challenge,” said Jeremy Epstein, Executive Director of the DMN and CEO of Never Stop Marketing. “Most start-up founders are technical so many struggle with communicating features instead of benefits, a clear value proposition and consistent messaging.”
The report also offers a reason for optimism for those who believe in the decentralization movement. The next 12 months will bring a huge wave of investment in marketing efforts among decentralized projects. The report found that 75 per cent of decentralized start-ups plan to increase marketing headcount and 70 per cent will increase overall marketing spend.
“We’re definitely seeing a growing awareness of marketing as more than online posts and events,” said Chris Cable, Community Manager of the DMN and the report’s author. “Headed into 2018, we expect to see a separation from the pack among those who prioritize strategic marketing versus the random, ad-hoc efforts that are commonplace now.”
The Marketing Maturity of Decentralized Startups, Q2 2017 is available for download from the Decentralized Marketing Network website.
The Decentralized Marketing Network was established to address this industry-wide challenge. The DMN offers Blockchain, decentralized, and crypto- start-ups a peer-to-peer environment to learn the basics of marketing from world-class experts and a collaborative forum to understand the successes and failures of others. Membership is currently free and offers multiple benefits including a “quick tips on marketing” newsletter, regular educational webinars, and a Slack channel.”
Companies interested in joining the Decentralized Marketing Network (membership is FREE) may apply for membership here.
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020