IOTA, a revolutionary new transactional settlement and data transfer layer for the Internet of Things, today announced the launch of the IOTA Ecosystem Fund. Valued above $2 million, the fund is entirely dedicated towards fostering growth of IOTA through incentivizing participation in expanding and shaping the ecosystem through use cases, libraries and tools, as well as hackathons.
The IOTA Ecosystem Fund is for developers who want to contribute and be part of the next generation of IOTA’s unique distributed ledger technology. From projects like adding some sensors to a Raspberry Pi and making it useful through IOTA through to something more complex, the IOTA Ecosystem Fund exists to make it a reality and provide these opportunities.
The engineering philosophy behind IOTA is one of modularity and pragmatism. Rather than attempting to create an ‘all in one’ universal solution, IOTA intends to instead keep the underlying ledger protocol as basic and efficient as possible and to extend its utility through the IOTA eXtension Interface(IXI). New IXI modules take a lot of time to develop due to the vast amount of time that goes into research, so people more inclined towards researching topics and writing whitepapers than coding can also apply for funding through the IOTA Ecosystem Fund.
IOTA also wants to make the overall development of IOTA easier and widen its utility through libraries, and so encourages any idea for libraries which could be useful for the community to apply for development funding. In a similar vein, IOTA Learn is curating tutorials on how to get started using and implementing IOTA into projects. In order to ensure a certain quality and maintenance of tutorials, significant sums from the IOTA Ecosystem Fund will be allocated towards this section. People who have done a proof of concept or similar on IOTA and wish to share the step by step process on how they did it can earn money whist doing this.
“Every great open source project has a great ecosystem surrounding it, in many ways it is the defining characteristic that separates a mediocre project from a great one. A thriving ecosystem is a prerequisite for long term success,” said David Sonstebo, Founder at IOTA. “The IOTA Ecosystem Fund is backed by over $2 million to open up a world of possibilities for developers and researchers to take the IOTA ecosystem even further.”
Applicants applying for funding in any of these categories are required to fill out a form with some basic questions, including the total desired budget for the project, its scope, description and timeline. Community representatives will then respond, ask more questions and define the deliverables of the project. After the terms has been agreed upon the IOTA Foundation will greenlight the project and grant the first payment for the project to officially start.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019