IOTA, a revolutionary new transactional settlement and data transfer layer for the Internet of Things, today announced the launch of the IOTA Ecosystem Fund. Valued above $2 million, the fund is entirely dedicated towards fostering growth of IOTA through incentivizing participation in expanding and shaping the ecosystem through use cases, libraries and tools, as well as hackathons.
The IOTA Ecosystem Fund is for developers who want to contribute and be part of the next generation of IOTA’s unique distributed ledger technology. From projects like adding some sensors to a Raspberry Pi and making it useful through IOTA through to something more complex, the IOTA Ecosystem Fund exists to make it a reality and provide these opportunities.
The engineering philosophy behind IOTA is one of modularity and pragmatism. Rather than attempting to create an ‘all in one’ universal solution, IOTA intends to instead keep the underlying ledger protocol as basic and efficient as possible and to extend its utility through the IOTA eXtension Interface(IXI). New IXI modules take a lot of time to develop due to the vast amount of time that goes into research, so people more inclined towards researching topics and writing whitepapers than coding can also apply for funding through the IOTA Ecosystem Fund.
IOTA also wants to make the overall development of IOTA easier and widen its utility through libraries, and so encourages any idea for libraries which could be useful for the community to apply for development funding. In a similar vein, IOTA Learn is curating tutorials on how to get started using and implementing IOTA into projects. In order to ensure a certain quality and maintenance of tutorials, significant sums from the IOTA Ecosystem Fund will be allocated towards this section. People who have done a proof of concept or similar on IOTA and wish to share the step by step process on how they did it can earn money whist doing this.
“Every great open source project has a great ecosystem surrounding it, in many ways it is the defining characteristic that separates a mediocre project from a great one. A thriving ecosystem is a prerequisite for long term success,” said David Sonstebo, Founder at IOTA. “The IOTA Ecosystem Fund is backed by over $2 million to open up a world of possibilities for developers and researchers to take the IOTA ecosystem even further.”
Applicants applying for funding in any of these categories are required to fill out a form with some basic questions, including the total desired budget for the project, its scope, description and timeline. Community representatives will then respond, ask more questions and define the deliverables of the project. After the terms has been agreed upon the IOTA Foundation will greenlight the project and grant the first payment for the project to officially start.
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen - February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 - February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020