IOTA, a revolutionary new transactional settlement and data transfer layer for the Internet of Things, today announced the launch of the IOTA Ecosystem Fund. Valued above $2 million, the fund is entirely dedicated towards fostering growth of IOTA through incentivizing participation in expanding and shaping the ecosystem through use cases, libraries and tools, as well as hackathons.
The IOTA Ecosystem Fund is for developers who want to contribute and be part of the next generation of IOTA’s unique distributed ledger technology. From projects like adding some sensors to a Raspberry Pi and making it useful through IOTA through to something more complex, the IOTA Ecosystem Fund exists to make it a reality and provide these opportunities.
The engineering philosophy behind IOTA is one of modularity and pragmatism. Rather than attempting to create an ‘all in one’ universal solution, IOTA intends to instead keep the underlying ledger protocol as basic and efficient as possible and to extend its utility through the IOTA eXtension Interface(IXI). New IXI modules take a lot of time to develop due to the vast amount of time that goes into research, so people more inclined towards researching topics and writing whitepapers than coding can also apply for funding through the IOTA Ecosystem Fund.
IOTA also wants to make the overall development of IOTA easier and widen its utility through libraries, and so encourages any idea for libraries which could be useful for the community to apply for development funding. In a similar vein, IOTA Learn is curating tutorials on how to get started using and implementing IOTA into projects. In order to ensure a certain quality and maintenance of tutorials, significant sums from the IOTA Ecosystem Fund will be allocated towards this section. People who have done a proof of concept or similar on IOTA and wish to share the step by step process on how they did it can earn money whist doing this.
“Every great open source project has a great ecosystem surrounding it, in many ways it is the defining characteristic that separates a mediocre project from a great one. A thriving ecosystem is a prerequisite for long term success,” said David Sonstebo, Founder at IOTA. “The IOTA Ecosystem Fund is backed by over $2 million to open up a world of possibilities for developers and researchers to take the IOTA ecosystem even further.”
Applicants applying for funding in any of these categories are required to fill out a form with some basic questions, including the total desired budget for the project, its scope, description and timeline. Community representatives will then respond, ask more questions and define the deliverables of the project. After the terms has been agreed upon the IOTA Foundation will greenlight the project and grant the first payment for the project to officially start.
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
- æternity Teams Up with Uruguay Can to Track Cannabis Production on the Blockchain - October 2, 2019
- Streamr Launches Global Pub/Sub Network For Machine Data - October 2, 2019
- SEC Orders Blockone to Pay $24 Million Fine for Unregistered ICO - October 2, 2019