The idea is both to help undervalued companies grow rapidly by gaining a foothold in a lucrative new market, and to democratise VC investment using the Blockchain. Retail investors will be presented with opportunities that would previously have been open only to experts and specialist venture funds.
‘The mission of Starta Accelerator is to empower Eastern European frontier technology companies through exposing them to the U.S. market. The program is customized for Eastern European founders aiming to adapt to the cultural and business environment in the US, complete and define global product/market fit, get traction and become part of local startup and investing ecosystem in the U.S.’
The Starta team has a strong track record in early-stage tech investment, marketing and management. Association with a tech incubator allows Starta to invest in projects personally known to the team, who work closely with the start-up’s founders on a daily basis.
Starta takes a Select – Accelerate – Invest model to pick the most promising companies and nurture them through to success. Acceleration includes hiring top US professionals to help founders integrate with the US business environment over the course of the three-and-a-half month programme in New York. Their Eastern European focus and acceleration strategy allows Starta to invest at the $2 million valuation range and exit in the $10-50 million range (where most VC money enters).
Starta will launch their crowdsale asset on the Waves platform due to its powerful token operations, excellent user experience and built-in decentralised exchange. Blockchain investment will be handled in partnership with a Singapore-based company, Cross Coin, which was founded specifically for the purpose. Cross Coin has an option for 33% of Starta Accelerator 16/17, holding a portfolio of 21 post-product stage tech companies, and will share all revenues with investors. Profit will be delivered to investors via a system of token buyback.
Starta ICO’s crowdsale will begin on 15 June and will last for 30 days. Cross Coin company needs $1.5 million to close the deal with Starta Accelerator 16/17, but aims to raise up to $5 million to have an opportunity to invest in future Starta Accelerator portfolio startups.
For more information or to read the white paper, visit StartaICO.com.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019