The idea is both to help undervalued companies grow rapidly by gaining a foothold in a lucrative new market, and to democratise VC investment using the Blockchain. Retail investors will be presented with opportunities that would previously have been open only to experts and specialist venture funds.
‘The mission of Starta Accelerator is to empower Eastern European frontier technology companies through exposing them to the U.S. market. The program is customized for Eastern European founders aiming to adapt to the cultural and business environment in the US, complete and define global product/market fit, get traction and become part of local startup and investing ecosystem in the U.S.’
The Starta team has a strong track record in early-stage tech investment, marketing and management. Association with a tech incubator allows Starta to invest in projects personally known to the team, who work closely with the start-up’s founders on a daily basis.
Starta takes a Select – Accelerate – Invest model to pick the most promising companies and nurture them through to success. Acceleration includes hiring top US professionals to help founders integrate with the US business environment over the course of the three-and-a-half month programme in New York. Their Eastern European focus and acceleration strategy allows Starta to invest at the $2 million valuation range and exit in the $10-50 million range (where most VC money enters).
Starta will launch their crowdsale asset on the Waves platform due to its powerful token operations, excellent user experience and built-in decentralised exchange. Blockchain investment will be handled in partnership with a Singapore-based company, Cross Coin, which was founded specifically for the purpose. Cross Coin has an option for 33% of Starta Accelerator 16/17, holding a portfolio of 21 post-product stage tech companies, and will share all revenues with investors. Profit will be delivered to investors via a system of token buyback.
Starta ICO’s crowdsale will begin on 15 June and will last for 30 days. Cross Coin company needs $1.5 million to close the deal with Starta Accelerator 16/17, but aims to raise up to $5 million to have an opportunity to invest in future Starta Accelerator portfolio startups.
For more information or to read the white paper, visit StartaICO.com.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019