The idea is both to help undervalued companies grow rapidly by gaining a foothold in a lucrative new market, and to democratise VC investment using the Blockchain. Retail investors will be presented with opportunities that would previously have been open only to experts and specialist venture funds.
‘The mission of Starta Accelerator is to empower Eastern European frontier technology companies through exposing them to the U.S. market. The program is customized for Eastern European founders aiming to adapt to the cultural and business environment in the US, complete and define global product/market fit, get traction and become part of local startup and investing ecosystem in the U.S.’
The Starta team has a strong track record in early-stage tech investment, marketing and management. Association with a tech incubator allows Starta to invest in projects personally known to the team, who work closely with the start-up’s founders on a daily basis.
Starta takes a Select – Accelerate – Invest model to pick the most promising companies and nurture them through to success. Acceleration includes hiring top US professionals to help founders integrate with the US business environment over the course of the three-and-a-half month programme in New York. Their Eastern European focus and acceleration strategy allows Starta to invest at the $2 million valuation range and exit in the $10-50 million range (where most VC money enters).
Starta will launch their crowdsale asset on the Waves platform due to its powerful token operations, excellent user experience and built-in decentralised exchange. Blockchain investment will be handled in partnership with a Singapore-based company, Cross Coin, which was founded specifically for the purpose. Cross Coin has an option for 33% of Starta Accelerator 16/17, holding a portfolio of 21 post-product stage tech companies, and will share all revenues with investors. Profit will be delivered to investors via a system of token buyback.
Starta ICO’s crowdsale will begin on 15 June and will last for 30 days. Cross Coin company needs $1.5 million to close the deal with Starta Accelerator 16/17, but aims to raise up to $5 million to have an opportunity to invest in future Starta Accelerator portfolio startups.
For more information or to read the white paper, visit StartaICO.com.
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019