The idea is both to help undervalued companies grow rapidly by gaining a foothold in a lucrative new market, and to democratise VC investment using the Blockchain. Retail investors will be presented with opportunities that would previously have been open only to experts and specialist venture funds.
‘The mission of Starta Accelerator is to empower Eastern European frontier technology companies through exposing them to the U.S. market. The program is customized for Eastern European founders aiming to adapt to the cultural and business environment in the US, complete and define global product/market fit, get traction and become part of local startup and investing ecosystem in the U.S.’
The Starta team has a strong track record in early-stage tech investment, marketing and management. Association with a tech incubator allows Starta to invest in projects personally known to the team, who work closely with the start-up’s founders on a daily basis.
Starta takes a Select – Accelerate – Invest model to pick the most promising companies and nurture them through to success. Acceleration includes hiring top US professionals to help founders integrate with the US business environment over the course of the three-and-a-half month programme in New York. Their Eastern European focus and acceleration strategy allows Starta to invest at the $2 million valuation range and exit in the $10-50 million range (where most VC money enters).
Starta will launch their crowdsale asset on the Waves platform due to its powerful token operations, excellent user experience and built-in decentralised exchange. Blockchain investment will be handled in partnership with a Singapore-based company, Cross Coin, which was founded specifically for the purpose. Cross Coin has an option for 33% of Starta Accelerator 16/17, holding a portfolio of 21 post-product stage tech companies, and will share all revenues with investors. Profit will be delivered to investors via a system of token buyback.
Starta ICO’s crowdsale will begin on 15 June and will last for 30 days. Cross Coin company needs $1.5 million to close the deal with Starta Accelerator 16/17, but aims to raise up to $5 million to have an opportunity to invest in future Starta Accelerator portfolio startups.
For more information or to read the white paper, visit StartaICO.com.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019