WISeKey, a leading global cybersecurity company announced that they will embark on a partnership with the Blockchain interface company, RIDDLE&CODE, to develop innovative solutions for securing Internet of Things via Blockchain technology and crypto-hardware.
First step is the integration of WISeKey’s Global Root and Public Key Infrastructures into RIDDLE&CODE’s hardware and software stack. The hardware interface is based on combining efficient microcontrollers to so called crypto-accelerators. The software interface connects this combination to the web, mobile phones, reader systems and radio frequency systems like NFC, Bluetooth, ZigBee and low power wide area networks.
WISeKey has built one of the most innovative smart tags in the industry. Their Vault IC 15x series is delivering asymmetric key algorithms in energy harvesting mode. Crypto-chips can be operated without batteries, only by the induction field of a mobile phone with NFC capability. This makes it easy and convenient to embed them into any kind of physical object to protect their authenticity and provenance.
Extending the capability of the VaultIC with industrial bus systems like I2C, SPI, UART solves all critical issues of machine identity related to IoT, sensor and actuator networks, smart city, smart plans, etc.
RIDDLE&CODE builds on the inherent capability of the Vault IC product line and delivers all necessary hard- and software extensions to integrate Blockchain technology and protocols. By connecting the Vault IC smart tags directly to Blockchain and connecting them to the web and mobile phones, the very same security standards get transferred into physical objects.
Tom Fürstner, RIDDLE&CODE’s Founder and CTO, noted:
“We all agree on the urgent need to secure IoT. But despite their enormous potential in this respect, cryptography and Blockchain technologies have been poorly used by developers so far due to their massive complexity. A combined solution of WISeKey’s cybersecurity platform and RIDDLE&CODE’s hard- and software stack offers highly manageable solutions using these technologies. In the near future, millions of web and mobile phone developers will be able to deliver reliable and secure products and solutions for emerging markets such as IoT, physical internet, supply chains etc.”
Carlos Moreno, WISeKey’s VP Digital Brand Protection noted:
“The more we are surrounded by the IoT, the more important it becomes the need to trust all involved devices. WISeKey offers a unique Root of Trust model that serves as a common trust anchor in the communication among objects and between objects and people. Especially with our VaultIC product family, we offer a suite of solution to secure the IoT including the provisioning services out factory for machine identity and for authentication. The very same VaultIC chips are used by RIDDLE&CODE in unexpected innovative ways to combine the power of Blockchain technology with our current WISeAuthentic platform to facilitate further digital brand protection issues. Combining the virtues of the two solution providers guarantees the security and integrity in any kind of machine-to-machine and human-to-machine communication as a precondition for business-development in a digital society.”
WISeKey is a leading global cybersecurity company currently deploying large scale digital identity ecosystems with a patented process. WISeKey’s Swiss based cryptographic Root of Trust (“RoT”) provides secure authentication and identification, in both physical and virtual environments, for the Internet of Things, Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence. The WISeKey RoT serves as a common trust anchor to ensure the integrity of on-line transactions among objects and between objects and people. For more information, visit www.wisekey.com.
To receive WISeKey’s latest news, visit the WISeKey Investors Corner.
The Blockchain Interface Company RIDDLE&CODE assists institutions, companies and individuals to master the challenges of our digital society such as machine identity, product provenance, online fraud, identity theft and more peculiar problems like cyber insurance, cyber risk assessment, token investment systems, supply chains, etc. To tackle the complexity of cryptography related projects, RIDDLE&CODE developed its own hard- and software stacks. RIDDLE&CODE combines the security of smart cards with the potential of Bitcoin Technology and the Internet of Things (IoT). This is achieved by extending smart card chips in form and function. This way the sophisticated security measures known from the credit card industry get transferred into the Blockchain world and the physical internet. For more information, visit www.riddleandcode.com.
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019