WISeKey, a leading global cybersecurity company announced that they will embark on a partnership with the Blockchain interface company, RIDDLE&CODE, to develop innovative solutions for securing Internet of Things via Blockchain technology and crypto-hardware.
First step is the integration of WISeKey’s Global Root and Public Key Infrastructures into RIDDLE&CODE’s hardware and software stack. The hardware interface is based on combining efficient microcontrollers to so called crypto-accelerators. The software interface connects this combination to the web, mobile phones, reader systems and radio frequency systems like NFC, Bluetooth, ZigBee and low power wide area networks.
WISeKey has built one of the most innovative smart tags in the industry. Their Vault IC 15x series is delivering asymmetric key algorithms in energy harvesting mode. Crypto-chips can be operated without batteries, only by the induction field of a mobile phone with NFC capability. This makes it easy and convenient to embed them into any kind of physical object to protect their authenticity and provenance.
Extending the capability of the VaultIC with industrial bus systems like I2C, SPI, UART solves all critical issues of machine identity related to IoT, sensor and actuator networks, smart city, smart plans, etc.
RIDDLE&CODE builds on the inherent capability of the Vault IC product line and delivers all necessary hard- and software extensions to integrate Blockchain technology and protocols. By connecting the Vault IC smart tags directly to Blockchain and connecting them to the web and mobile phones, the very same security standards get transferred into physical objects.
Tom Fürstner, RIDDLE&CODE’s Founder and CTO, noted:
“We all agree on the urgent need to secure IoT. But despite their enormous potential in this respect, cryptography and Blockchain technologies have been poorly used by developers so far due to their massive complexity. A combined solution of WISeKey’s cybersecurity platform and RIDDLE&CODE’s hard- and software stack offers highly manageable solutions using these technologies. In the near future, millions of web and mobile phone developers will be able to deliver reliable and secure products and solutions for emerging markets such as IoT, physical internet, supply chains etc.”
Carlos Moreno, WISeKey’s VP Digital Brand Protection noted:
“The more we are surrounded by the IoT, the more important it becomes the need to trust all involved devices. WISeKey offers a unique Root of Trust model that serves as a common trust anchor in the communication among objects and between objects and people. Especially with our VaultIC product family, we offer a suite of solution to secure the IoT including the provisioning services out factory for machine identity and for authentication. The very same VaultIC chips are used by RIDDLE&CODE in unexpected innovative ways to combine the power of Blockchain technology with our current WISeAuthentic platform to facilitate further digital brand protection issues. Combining the virtues of the two solution providers guarantees the security and integrity in any kind of machine-to-machine and human-to-machine communication as a precondition for business-development in a digital society.”
WISeKey is a leading global cybersecurity company currently deploying large scale digital identity ecosystems with a patented process. WISeKey’s Swiss based cryptographic Root of Trust (“RoT”) provides secure authentication and identification, in both physical and virtual environments, for the Internet of Things, Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence. The WISeKey RoT serves as a common trust anchor to ensure the integrity of on-line transactions among objects and between objects and people. For more information, visit www.wisekey.com.
To receive WISeKey’s latest news, visit the WISeKey Investors Corner.
The Blockchain Interface Company RIDDLE&CODE assists institutions, companies and individuals to master the challenges of our digital society such as machine identity, product provenance, online fraud, identity theft and more peculiar problems like cyber insurance, cyber risk assessment, token investment systems, supply chains, etc. To tackle the complexity of cryptography related projects, RIDDLE&CODE developed its own hard- and software stacks. RIDDLE&CODE combines the security of smart cards with the potential of Bitcoin Technology and the Internet of Things (IoT). This is achieved by extending smart card chips in form and function. This way the sophisticated security measures known from the credit card industry get transferred into the Blockchain world and the physical internet. For more information, visit www.riddleandcode.com.
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019