SONM (Supercomputer Organized by Network Mining), the universal fog supercomputer powered by Blockchain technology, has announced its Initial Coin Offering (ICO) has successfully reached its $42 million USD cap with 8774 participants, closing just four days into the sale which commenced July 15, 2017. SNM tokens are now listed on Chinese exchange HitBTC and EtherDelta, a smart-contract based exchange platform.
SONM CEO Sergey Ponomarev said:
“SONM is delighted to announce the spectacular success of the ICO. We humbly thank our community for its support and participation in the ICO which raised over $30 million USD in the first 24 hours and went on to reach its cap within just days of opening.
“With a renewed sense of vigor heightened by our community’s strong demand for our tokens, the SONM team is excited to progress the project which we believe will revolutionize the computing market.”
Investors participated in the SONM ICO using ETH, BTC, Dash, and other major cryptocurrencies. A total of 331,360,000 SNM were minted in the ICO. Token creation is now permanently closed.
SONM’s ICO included a progressive bonus structure for the first 80% of tokens sold. The funds raised in the crowdsale will be distributed as follows: 33% is reserved for marketing promotion, market growth, community, and expansion; 30% for research and development including team expansion, and advisers; 20% for the original SONM team; 7% for complementary technologies; 6% for technology infrastructure; and the remaining 4% for other indirect costs such as legal and office expenses.
SONM’s Board of Advisors includes Lisk CEO and President of the Lisk Foundation Max Kordek and former Coinsetter and Cavirtex CEO Jaron Lukasiewicz, and ChronoBank CEO Sergei Sergienko.
Jaron Lukasiewicz said:
“Following the impressive success of its ICO, which attracted an extraordinary level of interest from investors, I trust SONM will quickly establish itself as a leader and innovator in the distributed computing market.”
By hybridizing fog computing with an open-source PaaS technology, the SONM platform will offer a full range of services, including app development, scientific calculations, website hosting, video game server hosting, machine learning for neural networks, video and CGI rendering, augmented reality location-based games, and video streaming services.
SONM also provides miners the ability to gain tokens efficiently by conducting calculations for all members of the network. Smart devices located anywhere in the world are able to participate in the fog network and sell computing power peer-to-peer through the SONM Application Pool.
More information and the SONM whitepaper is available at sonm.io/.
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019