SONM (Supercomputer Organized by Network Mining), the universal fog supercomputer powered by Blockchain technology, has announced its Initial Coin Offering (ICO) has successfully reached its $42 million USD cap with 8774 participants, closing just four days into the sale which commenced July 15, 2017. SNM tokens are now listed on Chinese exchange HitBTC and EtherDelta, a smart-contract based exchange platform.
SONM CEO Sergey Ponomarev said:
“SONM is delighted to announce the spectacular success of the ICO. We humbly thank our community for its support and participation in the ICO which raised over $30 million USD in the first 24 hours and went on to reach its cap within just days of opening.
“With a renewed sense of vigor heightened by our community’s strong demand for our tokens, the SONM team is excited to progress the project which we believe will revolutionize the computing market.”
Investors participated in the SONM ICO using ETH, BTC, Dash, and other major cryptocurrencies. A total of 331,360,000 SNM were minted in the ICO. Token creation is now permanently closed.
SONM’s ICO included a progressive bonus structure for the first 80% of tokens sold. The funds raised in the crowdsale will be distributed as follows: 33% is reserved for marketing promotion, market growth, community, and expansion; 30% for research and development including team expansion, and advisers; 20% for the original SONM team; 7% for complementary technologies; 6% for technology infrastructure; and the remaining 4% for other indirect costs such as legal and office expenses.
SONM’s Board of Advisors includes Lisk CEO and President of the Lisk Foundation Max Kordek and former Coinsetter and Cavirtex CEO Jaron Lukasiewicz, and ChronoBank CEO Sergei Sergienko.
Jaron Lukasiewicz said:
“Following the impressive success of its ICO, which attracted an extraordinary level of interest from investors, I trust SONM will quickly establish itself as a leader and innovator in the distributed computing market.”
By hybridizing fog computing with an open-source PaaS technology, the SONM platform will offer a full range of services, including app development, scientific calculations, website hosting, video game server hosting, machine learning for neural networks, video and CGI rendering, augmented reality location-based games, and video streaming services.
SONM also provides miners the ability to gain tokens efficiently by conducting calculations for all members of the network. Smart devices located anywhere in the world are able to participate in the fog network and sell computing power peer-to-peer through the SONM Application Pool.
More information and the SONM whitepaper is available at sonm.io/.
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019