DENT Wireless Limited has announced its intent to disrupt the world’s telco market by creating the first Mobile Data Exchange. DENT plans to liberate mobile data by enabling anyone to buy, sell and donate mobile data through the Ethereum Blockchain using a new universal currency for data markets, the DENT Token.
“The DENT Exchange liberates mobile data by allowing users to buy, sell or donate data on-demand. The world’s first global marketplace for mobile data, with fully transparent and dynamic pricing, is about to unlock the full potential of global data usage, thus benefitting users and telcos alike” says Tero Katajainen, CEO and Founder of DENT Wireless.
“DENT builds a community of telco customers like a “union” to leverage the collective buying power to drive change. For a telco, each customer is highly valuable – in fact worth a global average of $460. Combining just 2 million customers represents $920 million, which no company can ignore” says Mikko Linnamäki, co-founder of DENT Wireless. Mikko is also co-founder of DOVECOT Oy, the company behind DOVECOT, the world‘s most popular IMAP server with a world market share of 72% and over 4 million installs.
Mobile data is big business, yet needs to be changed to unlock the full potential
Global mobile data revenues in a single month are $32 billion, according to Parks Associates [http://bit.ly/2sGwaar]. However, data is sold in silos per operator, and usually in fixed denominations. So either the user uses too little and loses the remainder at the end of the billing cycle (typically a month), or they use too much and then have to pay excess charges. As an example, if just 15% of data sold goes unused, a whopping value of $4.8 billion is virtually forfeit.
Using mobile data internationally is great – in principle. However, charges are unpredictable for the user and up to 100x or more expensive than at home. Part of the reason are legacies, such that data traffic is routed from the visited country back home before being terminated to the internet. We aim to leverage “local break-out” similar to Wi-Fi hotspots today, to increase efficiencies and lower costs for the users to domestic levels.
DENT will be the global exchange for mobile data where – when fully scaled up – the world’s mobile data is sold, bought or donated, just like other commodities such as currencies are traded today. DENT will make data pricing transparent, and through automated bidding increases the efficiency of purchase, just like spot markets and digital advertising today.
DENT Tokens will be the global currency for trading mobile data via the Ethereum Blockchain. Data and DENT Tokens are smart contracts within the Blockchain, and therefore automate the financial process and connect together users and telcos globally. The decentralized nature of Ethereum means that the DENT Exchange is a global platform right from the start.
For more details, please refer to the DENT whitepaper.
The upcoming DENT token sale opens on 12th July 2017 (1500 GMT) with up to 10% bonus tokens for early participation.
For more information about DENT and the crowdsale see https://www.dentcoin.com
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019