DENT Wireless Limited has announced its intent to disrupt the world’s telco market by creating the first Mobile Data Exchange. DENT plans to liberate mobile data by enabling anyone to buy, sell and donate mobile data through the Ethereum Blockchain using a new universal currency for data markets, the DENT Token.
“The DENT Exchange liberates mobile data by allowing users to buy, sell or donate data on-demand. The world’s first global marketplace for mobile data, with fully transparent and dynamic pricing, is about to unlock the full potential of global data usage, thus benefitting users and telcos alike” says Tero Katajainen, CEO and Founder of DENT Wireless.
“DENT builds a community of telco customers like a “union” to leverage the collective buying power to drive change. For a telco, each customer is highly valuable – in fact worth a global average of $460. Combining just 2 million customers represents $920 million, which no company can ignore” says Mikko Linnamäki, co-founder of DENT Wireless. Mikko is also co-founder of DOVECOT Oy, the company behind DOVECOT, the world‘s most popular IMAP server with a world market share of 72% and over 4 million installs.
Mobile data is big business, yet needs to be changed to unlock the full potential
Global mobile data revenues in a single month are $32 billion, according to Parks Associates [http://bit.ly/2sGwaar]. However, data is sold in silos per operator, and usually in fixed denominations. So either the user uses too little and loses the remainder at the end of the billing cycle (typically a month), or they use too much and then have to pay excess charges. As an example, if just 15% of data sold goes unused, a whopping value of $4.8 billion is virtually forfeit.
Using mobile data internationally is great – in principle. However, charges are unpredictable for the user and up to 100x or more expensive than at home. Part of the reason are legacies, such that data traffic is routed from the visited country back home before being terminated to the internet. We aim to leverage “local break-out” similar to Wi-Fi hotspots today, to increase efficiencies and lower costs for the users to domestic levels.
DENT will be the global exchange for mobile data where – when fully scaled up – the world’s mobile data is sold, bought or donated, just like other commodities such as currencies are traded today. DENT will make data pricing transparent, and through automated bidding increases the efficiency of purchase, just like spot markets and digital advertising today.
DENT Tokens will be the global currency for trading mobile data via the Ethereum Blockchain. Data and DENT Tokens are smart contracts within the Blockchain, and therefore automate the financial process and connect together users and telcos globally. The decentralized nature of Ethereum means that the DENT Exchange is a global platform right from the start.
For more details, please refer to the DENT whitepaper.
The upcoming DENT token sale opens on 12th July 2017 (1500 GMT) with up to 10% bonus tokens for early participation.
For more information about DENT and the crowdsale see https://www.dentcoin.com
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019
- Currency.com Launches Tokenised Securities Trading Platform - January 21, 2019
- Katallassos Launches a Standard Framework for Decentralised Derivatives - January 11, 2019
- Dutch Crypto Trading Marketplace Cryptohopper at CES 2019 - January 8, 2019
- Interview with Ammbr – A Blockchain-Enabled Mesh Network Bringing High Speed Internet to Emerging Economies - January 8, 2019
- Zion Market Research Report Explains: Global Blockchain In Energy Market likely to grow to USD 11,899 Million By 2024 - December 27, 2018
- Blythe Masters Resigns as CEO of Digital Asset - December 18, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures Uses Ravencoin Blockchain for Equity Purchase in Chainstone Labs – Completes $3.6 Million Securities Token Transfer - December 18, 2018
- Despite Market Downturn – eToro Survey Reveals Strong Interest in Cryptoasset Education - December 18, 2018
- BlockIMMO brings Blockchain Technology Platform to Tokenize Fractional Real Estate Investment - December 17, 2018
- Algorand Appoints Dual Ph.D. Rock Star Pablo Azar as Chief Economist - December 17, 2018
- Dascoin – Anatomy of Multilevel Marketing Crypto Scam – Coinmarketcap Zero - December 17, 2018
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018