In an official blog post, AdEx, a Blockchain startup focussed on building a decentralized ad exchange platform, has announced that it will hold a token allocation event, scheduled to kick off shortly – on June 30th, 2017.
The project, a Blockchain-based ad exchange that seeks to replace common centralized solutions which are prone to ad frauds and privacy violations – seeks to raise 40 000 ETH to bring new advantages of Blockchain technology to the online ad market.
The AdEx token, ADX, is an ERC20 compliant coin, a standard protocol for smart contract systems on top of Ethereum which will ensure interoperability with other Ethereum-powered solutions.
In order to effectively manage the perfect supply of native tokens for the token sale, AdEx has partnered with the WINGS Foundation, the developer of WINGS DAO. Adex will also use the social graph of the WINGS DAO crypto-experts to maximize potential project backers who can serve as product champions and evangelists for AdEx to rapidly go-to-market.
The token sale will have the following terms:
- Start date: June 30th, 2017
- End date: July 30th, 2017
- Overall supply of tokens available for sale: 80,000,000 ADX
- Price of tokens: 1 ETH = 900 ADX
- Campaign cap: 40,000 ETH, no minimum cap
Over the token sale campaign, 80 per cent of all ADX tokens will be available for distribution among the supporters. Out of the remaining twenty per cent, 16 per cent will be tapped for AdEx developers and advisors, which will be vested for a year to ensure smooth development of the platform. The remaining 4 per cent will be distributed between WINGS DAO community and the bounty campaign participants.
During the token allocation event, only ETH contributions will be accepted and the Main net address for contributions will be published at http://tokens.adex.network once the token sale has kicked off.
“The solution offered by AdEx seeks to benefit all parties involved in the online advertising ecosystem, which means end users as well as advertisers and publishers, while removing unnecessary and downright risky elements currently associated with centralized infrastructure,” Ivo Georgiev, Co-founder and CEO of AdEx stated.
When released, AdEx can enable transparency for advertisers, and better control for ad publishers, while end users get more control over their privacy and ad preferences – both of which the industry currently needs more.
About the Technology
The AdEx platform will utilise Ethereum smart contracts which will remove the middlemen, all the while tackling the complexities associated with selecting ads, tracking them, as well as bidding and payment – which will be defined in the smart contract that will completely simplify the process from end to end.
The project will also tap into IPFS for hosting ad-related media like videos, images and metadata.
The adex team is currently working on prototypes with several off-chain solutions on top of Ethereum which will give publishers and advertisers to easily interact while and bypass current Ethereum Blockchain limitations pertaining to speed and transaction fees.
They also plan to use IOTA in the future on top of Ethereum to further improve the platform’s scalability.
Adex will be available through mobile and desktop applications and embedded devices. Additionally, it can be integrated in websites via publisher-hosted endpoints.
Read more on the blog here.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019