Lisk, the Blockchain application platform, today announces the launch of Lisk Nano 1.0 to the main network, marking the first major release for a Lisk product. With increased community interest and participation, LSK, the cryptocurrency underlying the platform, has grown 16 times its listed price as of January 1, 2017.
“As the Blockchain market continues to grow exponentially, Lisk is delighted to announce its first-ever major release, a key milestone for the platform. Lisk Nano 1.0, which offers a streamlined user experience and enhanced performance, takes the crypto community a step closer to the innovative, safe, and seamless Blockchain application platform outlined by Lisk since day one,” said Max Kordek, President of the Lisk Foundation.
Since Lisk Nano development started, the Lisk team have released five updates to the product, leading up to today’s 1.0 major release.
“At Lisk we follow semantic versioning, where we release carefully conducted updates only every 4-6 weeks. This gives us time to undergo rigorous testing and peer reviews along with a pool request system where we allow changes to be questioned by all parties before approval,” said Oliver Beddows, Vice-President of the Lisk Foundation.
Highlighting the focus on usability, Lisk Nano is now supported on Mac OSX, Windows 7/8/10 and all distributions of Linux. This release introduces delegate registration, a new voting interface for delegates, the addition of a second passphrase for extra security and a forging center, inspired by the Web Wallet (lisk-ui.). Desktop notifications have also been enabled in version 1.0, a useful feature notifying users when their balance has been changed.
This update arrives just days after Lisk released Lisk Core 0.9.0 to the main network, laying the final foundation for Lisk Core 1.0 set to hit the main network later this summer.
“Lisk 0.9.0 provides the bridge for 1.0.0 by improving code quality and readability, management of logs, implementing Redis and providing a solid foundation for continuous integration,” added Beddows.
“As we move closer to realizing the extraordinary promise of Lisk we will continue to expand on our dedicated and talented team,” added Kordek.
“Our community is also essential to our growth and their support will be the only way to achieve our goals over the coming years. We are thankful for all the support, demonstrated passion and continued interest that the Lisk community showcases. We look forward to achieving our goal of establishing a widely used, next-generation Blockchain application platform,” concluded Kordek.
In May 2016, Lisk conducted an Initial Coin Offering worth over 14,000 BTC, which is now the equivalent to $33 million USD. Upon the establishment of the Lisk Foundation in Zug, Switzerland in December 2016, Lisk decided to open their funds to public inspection, releasing monthly financial reports. The latest report, April 2017, shows Lisk currently holding approximately 62 million USD in assets, including both FIAT and a number of cryptocurrencies.
LSK, the cryptocurrency underpinning the platform, is currently sitting in 23rd place of the most valuable digital currencies, and is valued at over $260 million USD.
For a complete list of changes, visit the Lisk GitHub.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019