Lisk, the Blockchain application platform, today announces the launch of Lisk Nano 1.0 to the main network, marking the first major release for a Lisk product. With increased community interest and participation, LSK, the cryptocurrency underlying the platform, has grown 16 times its listed price as of January 1, 2017.
“As the Blockchain market continues to grow exponentially, Lisk is delighted to announce its first-ever major release, a key milestone for the platform. Lisk Nano 1.0, which offers a streamlined user experience and enhanced performance, takes the crypto community a step closer to the innovative, safe, and seamless Blockchain application platform outlined by Lisk since day one,” said Max Kordek, President of the Lisk Foundation.
Since Lisk Nano development started, the Lisk team have released five updates to the product, leading up to today’s 1.0 major release.
“At Lisk we follow semantic versioning, where we release carefully conducted updates only every 4-6 weeks. This gives us time to undergo rigorous testing and peer reviews along with a pool request system where we allow changes to be questioned by all parties before approval,” said Oliver Beddows, Vice-President of the Lisk Foundation.
Highlighting the focus on usability, Lisk Nano is now supported on Mac OSX, Windows 7/8/10 and all distributions of Linux. This release introduces delegate registration, a new voting interface for delegates, the addition of a second passphrase for extra security and a forging center, inspired by the Web Wallet (lisk-ui.). Desktop notifications have also been enabled in version 1.0, a useful feature notifying users when their balance has been changed.
This update arrives just days after Lisk released Lisk Core 0.9.0 to the main network, laying the final foundation for Lisk Core 1.0 set to hit the main network later this summer.
“Lisk 0.9.0 provides the bridge for 1.0.0 by improving code quality and readability, management of logs, implementing Redis and providing a solid foundation for continuous integration,” added Beddows.
“As we move closer to realizing the extraordinary promise of Lisk we will continue to expand on our dedicated and talented team,” added Kordek.
“Our community is also essential to our growth and their support will be the only way to achieve our goals over the coming years. We are thankful for all the support, demonstrated passion and continued interest that the Lisk community showcases. We look forward to achieving our goal of establishing a widely used, next-generation Blockchain application platform,” concluded Kordek.
In May 2016, Lisk conducted an Initial Coin Offering worth over 14,000 BTC, which is now the equivalent to $33 million USD. Upon the establishment of the Lisk Foundation in Zug, Switzerland in December 2016, Lisk decided to open their funds to public inspection, releasing monthly financial reports. The latest report, April 2017, shows Lisk currently holding approximately 62 million USD in assets, including both FIAT and a number of cryptocurrencies.
LSK, the cryptocurrency underpinning the platform, is currently sitting in 23rd place of the most valuable digital currencies, and is valued at over $260 million USD.
For a complete list of changes, visit the Lisk GitHub.
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019