Lisk, the Blockchain application platform, today announces the launch of Lisk Nano 1.0 to the main network, marking the first major release for a Lisk product. With increased community interest and participation, LSK, the cryptocurrency underlying the platform, has grown 16 times its listed price as of January 1, 2017.
“As the Blockchain market continues to grow exponentially, Lisk is delighted to announce its first-ever major release, a key milestone for the platform. Lisk Nano 1.0, which offers a streamlined user experience and enhanced performance, takes the crypto community a step closer to the innovative, safe, and seamless Blockchain application platform outlined by Lisk since day one,” said Max Kordek, President of the Lisk Foundation.
Since Lisk Nano development started, the Lisk team have released five updates to the product, leading up to today’s 1.0 major release.
“At Lisk we follow semantic versioning, where we release carefully conducted updates only every 4-6 weeks. This gives us time to undergo rigorous testing and peer reviews along with a pool request system where we allow changes to be questioned by all parties before approval,” said Oliver Beddows, Vice-President of the Lisk Foundation.
Highlighting the focus on usability, Lisk Nano is now supported on Mac OSX, Windows 7/8/10 and all distributions of Linux. This release introduces delegate registration, a new voting interface for delegates, the addition of a second passphrase for extra security and a forging center, inspired by the Web Wallet (lisk-ui.). Desktop notifications have also been enabled in version 1.0, a useful feature notifying users when their balance has been changed.
This update arrives just days after Lisk released Lisk Core 0.9.0 to the main network, laying the final foundation for Lisk Core 1.0 set to hit the main network later this summer.
“Lisk 0.9.0 provides the bridge for 1.0.0 by improving code quality and readability, management of logs, implementing Redis and providing a solid foundation for continuous integration,” added Beddows.
“As we move closer to realizing the extraordinary promise of Lisk we will continue to expand on our dedicated and talented team,” added Kordek.
“Our community is also essential to our growth and their support will be the only way to achieve our goals over the coming years. We are thankful for all the support, demonstrated passion and continued interest that the Lisk community showcases. We look forward to achieving our goal of establishing a widely used, next-generation Blockchain application platform,” concluded Kordek.
In May 2016, Lisk conducted an Initial Coin Offering worth over 14,000 BTC, which is now the equivalent to $33 million USD. Upon the establishment of the Lisk Foundation in Zug, Switzerland in December 2016, Lisk decided to open their funds to public inspection, releasing monthly financial reports. The latest report, April 2017, shows Lisk currently holding approximately 62 million USD in assets, including both FIAT and a number of cryptocurrencies.
LSK, the cryptocurrency underpinning the platform, is currently sitting in 23rd place of the most valuable digital currencies, and is valued at over $260 million USD.
For a complete list of changes, visit the Lisk GitHub.
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019
- New Research Released on Blockchain and EU Privacy Law Compliance - March 5, 2019
- Token.Agency Kicks Off Blockchain, STO and Tokenomics Service in Europe and North America - February 27, 2019
- Mercedes-Benz Cars Develops Blockchain-Prototype for Sustainable Supply Chains - February 26, 2019
- Open Source, Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Platform Insolar Launches Testnet - February 26, 2019
- IPC to Provide ICE Crypto Feeds to over 6000 Capital Market Participants - February 26, 2019
- Fetch.AI raises $6m in Successful 22 Second Token Sale On Binance Launchpad - February 25, 2019