DECENT today announces the official launch of its Blockchain-based content distribution platform. The platform promises to offer a better deal for content producers than the current industry giants such as Apple and Amazon. It will also give artists more freedom and control over ownership and distribution.
DECENT Network will allow artists to efficiently distribute any form of content, including written, music, videos, ebook and pictures. The distribution does not rely on third parties meaning that artists will also manage their IP rights and pricing themselves.
To demonstrate the functionalities and potential of the DECENT Network, the first application called DECENT GO has recently been developed. DECENT GO is a Google Play-like Digital Marketplace built on top of the DECENT Blockchain Network which allows content publishing and buying on a peer-to-peer principle.
The fee for each transaction is transferred fairly and almost instantly to the artist’s account after each transaction. Artists will no longer have to wait months before seeing a penny from their work. At the time of launch, DECENT Network will be a completely free of charge service for artists and consumers. DECENT’s purpose-built Blockchain will also ensure trust and security for all its artists.
“DECENT Network is a reaction to the issues that the majority of content producers face nowadays in the entertainment and media industry”, said Matej Michalko, DECENT Founder and CEO. “There is too much artificial complexity and too many barriers in the industry affecting both the access to market and income of the content owners”.
The entertainment and media market is huge but it remains very tough for artists. DECENT estimates that writers lose over 30-75% of their profits when publishing with Amazon. Similarly, a musician loses around 30% when they sell a track on iTunes. DECENT offers an alternative model which puts profits directly in the accounts of content creators with the elimination of third-parties and middleman fees. This could free up a huge chunk of spending in the global media and content distribution industry; the current level of spending is estimated to grow from $1.7 trillion in 2016 to over $2 trillion in 2019.
The majority of the content distribution market is dominated by the big players leaving artists at the mercy of these companies. There are currently some competitors also developing a Blockchain-based solution to this issue. SingularDTV is focused on the movie industry, Ujo Music on audio content, and DNN.media on decentralized news network. DECENT is also leading the road to building a transparent and fair ecosystem for all parties involved, but unlike its competitors, DECENT has built its own Blockchain developed specifically to incorporate every format imaginable – all under one roof.
“The majority of the power”, added Michalko, “is concentrated in the hands of a few players controlling the industry. “Artists, filmmakers and writers lose control over their work and depend on the mercy of the “big guys”. We designed DECENT Network to do away with all that and bring more transparency and fairness to the digital content industry.”
DECENT is a Blockchain-based digital media distribution platform designed to bring more transparency and fairness to the media industry. DECENT allows artists to efficiently distribute any form of content online without having to wait for payment or pay hefty fees. DECENT’s purpose-developed Blockchain will revolutionize data distribution, saving content producers money and giving them more control without compromising on security.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019