Smith + Crown and Debevoise & Plimpton will be hosting a workshop for entrepreneurs seeking to leverage the power of tokenization. Smith + Crown is a Blockchain research, data, and consulting group focused on public Blockchain technologies. Debevoise & Plimpton is an international law firm with a leading Blockchain and token sale practice.
Theyf have previously hosted a version of this workshop in San Francisco and due to popular demand, are expanding to Los Angeles on July 20th and New York on August 3rd. We are also offering a webcast for both events.
Why token sales are important
Token sales have become an increasingly popular way of financing early stage companies and projects. Since the first token sale launched in 2013, the token sale market has seen consistent and steady growth. In 2016, that growth intensified as both interest in the Blockchain industry and the ease of launching new crypto-tokens increased. New companies of virtually every kind–from gaming to finance, medicine to cinema, and social media to supercomputing–have launched token sales to fund their projects. In fact in 2017, token sales eclipsed venture capital as the primary source of early stage funding in the Blockchain industry.
Why this session is important
Token sales present unique challenges and opportunities to entrepreneurs. First, designing the token itself involves balancing the considerations of early backers, the founding team, and future users. There is no clear established template for token economic design, and projects around the world are developing novel approaches to tokenize their products.
At the same time, raising capital from outside investors has long been a heavily regulated activity. Layers of laws designed to protect investors exist in some form in many countries around the world. Entrepreneurs should be aware of the regulatory environment and incorporate that knowledge into their token design.
Finally, investors are paying more attention and getting savvier. They are asking questions of token projects that traditional investors don’t ask, and people from around the world are publishing their opinions across multiple forums.
The evening will be valuable to anyone interested in integrating tokens into their business model and anyone who is simply interested in the token sale market.
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019
- China’s LiveDAO To Tap 5G Tech for Live Broadcasting - August 8, 2019