Smith + Crown and Debevoise & Plimpton will be hosting a workshop for entrepreneurs seeking to leverage the power of tokenization. Smith + Crown is a Blockchain research, data, and consulting group focused on public Blockchain technologies. Debevoise & Plimpton is an international law firm with a leading Blockchain and token sale practice.
Theyf have previously hosted a version of this workshop in San Francisco and due to popular demand, are expanding to Los Angeles on July 20th and New York on August 3rd. We are also offering a webcast for both events.
Why token sales are important
Token sales have become an increasingly popular way of financing early stage companies and projects. Since the first token sale launched in 2013, the token sale market has seen consistent and steady growth. In 2016, that growth intensified as both interest in the Blockchain industry and the ease of launching new crypto-tokens increased. New companies of virtually every kind–from gaming to finance, medicine to cinema, and social media to supercomputing–have launched token sales to fund their projects. In fact in 2017, token sales eclipsed venture capital as the primary source of early stage funding in the Blockchain industry.
Why this session is important
Token sales present unique challenges and opportunities to entrepreneurs. First, designing the token itself involves balancing the considerations of early backers, the founding team, and future users. There is no clear established template for token economic design, and projects around the world are developing novel approaches to tokenize their products.
At the same time, raising capital from outside investors has long been a heavily regulated activity. Layers of laws designed to protect investors exist in some form in many countries around the world. Entrepreneurs should be aware of the regulatory environment and incorporate that knowledge into their token design.
Finally, investors are paying more attention and getting savvier. They are asking questions of token projects that traditional investors don’t ask, and people from around the world are publishing their opinions across multiple forums.
The evening will be valuable to anyone interested in integrating tokens into their business model and anyone who is simply interested in the token sale market.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019