CausePlay, thirtythree.8 division is introducing the Virtual Cash Back (VCB) token to enable the next generation in retail marketing and engagement. VCB loyalty programs, rebates, coupons and rewards will utilize the Ethereum Blockchain to support greater security, budget controls and a platform for the unbanked to engage in greater detail with brands while addressing existing problems with legacy coupon and rebate processing systems.
thirtythree.8 develops and delivers mobile coupon and rebate applications and redemption processing infrastructure for global brands and retailers. Globally, coupon and rebate activity represents approximately US $20 billion in value per year flowing from brands to consumers. With little change in technology and clearing processes over the past decades, the issue of fraud in the segment has grown to over U.S. $600M annually.
“To address this problem and provide an unparalleled level of security, thirtythree.8 introduced a Blockchain-based solution that provides a cryptographically-secured transaction model that can mitigate the fraudulent coupon and rebate activity”, said Chief Operating Officer, Jonas Hudson.
“Our unique distribution method for the VCB token encourages wide adoption and use among consumers with little or no knowledge of cryptographically-secured tokens.” VCB tokens and the associated wallet applications will enable brands to maintain a direct relationship with these consumers, as well as develop and deliver campaigns targeting consumers at specific levels of brand engagement.”
The platform and its flexibility will offer a unique benefit to the more than 2 billion adults worldwide that are considered unbanked, but who regularly purchase consumer products from global brands. The VCB token economy will allow them to store, transmit and redeem value without the requirement of a traditional banking relationship.
“The launch of the Virtual Cash Back token will take place on 19 July 2017 at approximately 11:00 am UTC. The specific Ethereum block number will be announced 48 hours in advance. 1,000,000,000 (one billion) total tokens will be created, of which up to 300,000,000 (three hundred million) tokens will be offered in accordance with the terms set forth in our white paper”, said Chief Technology Officer, Jon Labrie.
”The Virtual Cash Back token, in conjunction with thirtythree.8’s mobile apps and wallets, online brand management tools, and licensed patent portfolio, will completely disrupt the existing paper-based rebate and coupon market.”
CausePlay is a mobile solutions company for retailers and brands. CausePlay creates and licenses owned and operated mobile distribution and publishing platforms that deliver brand fueled content, promotions and advertising. Thirtythree8, the AR and Blockchain technology division, provides a suite of mobile products, a distribution pipeline and patents to cover DRM protected distribution of content and coupons to clients in the grocery and CPG channel. For more information, visit www.cause-play.com or www.thirtythree8.com
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019
- New Research Released on Blockchain and EU Privacy Law Compliance - March 5, 2019
- Token.Agency Kicks Off Blockchain, STO and Tokenomics Service in Europe and North America - February 27, 2019
- Mercedes-Benz Cars Develops Blockchain-Prototype for Sustainable Supply Chains - February 26, 2019
- Open Source, Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Platform Insolar Launches Testnet - February 26, 2019
- IPC to Provide ICE Crypto Feeds to over 6000 Capital Market Participants - February 26, 2019
- Fetch.AI raises $6m in Successful 22 Second Token Sale On Binance Launchpad - February 25, 2019