CausePlay, thirtythree.8 division is introducing the Virtual Cash Back (VCB) token to enable the next generation in retail marketing and engagement. VCB loyalty programs, rebates, coupons and rewards will utilize the Ethereum Blockchain to support greater security, budget controls and a platform for the unbanked to engage in greater detail with brands while addressing existing problems with legacy coupon and rebate processing systems.
thirtythree.8 develops and delivers mobile coupon and rebate applications and redemption processing infrastructure for global brands and retailers. Globally, coupon and rebate activity represents approximately US $20 billion in value per year flowing from brands to consumers. With little change in technology and clearing processes over the past decades, the issue of fraud in the segment has grown to over U.S. $600M annually.
“To address this problem and provide an unparalleled level of security, thirtythree.8 introduced a Blockchain-based solution that provides a cryptographically-secured transaction model that can mitigate the fraudulent coupon and rebate activity”, said Chief Operating Officer, Jonas Hudson.
“Our unique distribution method for the VCB token encourages wide adoption and use among consumers with little or no knowledge of cryptographically-secured tokens.” VCB tokens and the associated wallet applications will enable brands to maintain a direct relationship with these consumers, as well as develop and deliver campaigns targeting consumers at specific levels of brand engagement.”
The platform and its flexibility will offer a unique benefit to the more than 2 billion adults worldwide that are considered unbanked, but who regularly purchase consumer products from global brands. The VCB token economy will allow them to store, transmit and redeem value without the requirement of a traditional banking relationship.
“The launch of the Virtual Cash Back token will take place on 19 July 2017 at approximately 11:00 am UTC. The specific Ethereum block number will be announced 48 hours in advance. 1,000,000,000 (one billion) total tokens will be created, of which up to 300,000,000 (three hundred million) tokens will be offered in accordance with the terms set forth in our white paper”, said Chief Technology Officer, Jon Labrie.
”The Virtual Cash Back token, in conjunction with thirtythree.8’s mobile apps and wallets, online brand management tools, and licensed patent portfolio, will completely disrupt the existing paper-based rebate and coupon market.”
CausePlay is a mobile solutions company for retailers and brands. CausePlay creates and licenses owned and operated mobile distribution and publishing platforms that deliver brand fueled content, promotions and advertising. Thirtythree8, the AR and Blockchain technology division, provides a suite of mobile products, a distribution pipeline and patents to cover DRM protected distribution of content and coupons to clients in the grocery and CPG channel. For more information, visit www.cause-play.com or www.thirtythree8.com
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019