Po.et, a new protocol designed to accelerate solutions for the digital media industry utilizing Blockchain technology and timestamped metadata to create proper attribution and licensing opportunities for publishers have announced their invitation-only POE token sale for August 8, 2017.
The core objectives of Po.et are to create a platform which simplifies the process for publishing, licensing and authentication of digital assets. Simplifying the publishing process necessitates solving the issues of document integrity, licensing, arbitrage, analytics, syndication and attribution of digital assets. Po.et aims to create a Bitcoin Blockchain-based platform with added smart contract functionality and applications to facilitate distribution of digital creative works and remove marketplace friction for publishers, editors and content creators by solving these issues, as well as creating greater cost efficiencies in hashing metadata than previously introduced.
Po.et’s platform includes a digital media licensing marketplace and it’s core product – the immutable portfolio, an asset wallet for all creative digital assets where territory and search parameters are considered for licensing and monetization. Po.et is ultimately laying the foundation for an open, Blockchain-based protocol for decentralized media applications.
The Po.et native token (POE) serves several purposes: To bootstrap the network effects of Po.et by creating a community of engaged, invested stakeholders and publishers. To raise funds for the long-term development of Po.et and to provide a mechanism to economically reward early adopters and positive contributors to the Po.et network.
“There is a foundational race right now to solve key vertical challenges for the publishing industry. Po.et is born out of a pain we felt deeply at Bitcoin Magazine and we have partnerships identified to work in tandem to create solutions through the Po.et protocol – attribution and licensing marketplaces,” said David Bailey, CEO of BTC Media.
Po.et has previously raised $1 million USD in a pre-sale of tokens from media veterans, institutional investors, and Blockchain entrepreneurs. Now Po.et is aiming to raise an additional $9 million USD through the sale of the POE token, which represent a share of revenue generated from commercial activities on the Po.et network.
Of the 3,141,592,653 POE tokens released, 50 percent will be distributed to the community. Of the remaining POE tokens, 10 percent will be distributed to the early investors who funded Po.et development prior to the token sale. An additional 10 percent will be distributed over time to publishers, journalists, alpha publishing partners and others who contribute to growing the Po.et network. The Po.et Foundation will retain 22 percent of all POE tokens for long-term development, with the remaining 8 percent going to the early team and founders.
PO.ET or Proof of Existence 2.0 is a Bitcoin Blockchain protocol that establishes an open, universal and immutable ledger for managing the unalterable ownership, attribution and licensing of creative digital assets. Po.et builds a bridge between creators and publishers and enables the discovery of new content and verification, authenticity and authorization of generated content through a truly transparent and timestamped system of attribution. Po.et is based in Singapore and the United States, with offices in Los Angeles, CA. For more information about Po.et, please visit po.et .
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019