Po.et, a new protocol designed to accelerate solutions for the digital media industry utilizing Blockchain technology and timestamped metadata to create proper attribution and licensing opportunities for publishers have announced their invitation-only POE token sale for August 8, 2017.
The core objectives of Po.et are to create a platform which simplifies the process for publishing, licensing and authentication of digital assets. Simplifying the publishing process necessitates solving the issues of document integrity, licensing, arbitrage, analytics, syndication and attribution of digital assets. Po.et aims to create a Bitcoin Blockchain-based platform with added smart contract functionality and applications to facilitate distribution of digital creative works and remove marketplace friction for publishers, editors and content creators by solving these issues, as well as creating greater cost efficiencies in hashing metadata than previously introduced.
Po.et’s platform includes a digital media licensing marketplace and it’s core product – the immutable portfolio, an asset wallet for all creative digital assets where territory and search parameters are considered for licensing and monetization. Po.et is ultimately laying the foundation for an open, Blockchain-based protocol for decentralized media applications.
The Po.et native token (POE) serves several purposes: To bootstrap the network effects of Po.et by creating a community of engaged, invested stakeholders and publishers. To raise funds for the long-term development of Po.et and to provide a mechanism to economically reward early adopters and positive contributors to the Po.et network.
“There is a foundational race right now to solve key vertical challenges for the publishing industry. Po.et is born out of a pain we felt deeply at Bitcoin Magazine and we have partnerships identified to work in tandem to create solutions through the Po.et protocol – attribution and licensing marketplaces,” said David Bailey, CEO of BTC Media.
Po.et has previously raised $1 million USD in a pre-sale of tokens from media veterans, institutional investors, and Blockchain entrepreneurs. Now Po.et is aiming to raise an additional $9 million USD through the sale of the POE token, which represent a share of revenue generated from commercial activities on the Po.et network.
Of the 3,141,592,653 POE tokens released, 50 percent will be distributed to the community. Of the remaining POE tokens, 10 percent will be distributed to the early investors who funded Po.et development prior to the token sale. An additional 10 percent will be distributed over time to publishers, journalists, alpha publishing partners and others who contribute to growing the Po.et network. The Po.et Foundation will retain 22 percent of all POE tokens for long-term development, with the remaining 8 percent going to the early team and founders.
PO.ET or Proof of Existence 2.0 is a Bitcoin Blockchain protocol that establishes an open, universal and immutable ledger for managing the unalterable ownership, attribution and licensing of creative digital assets. Po.et builds a bridge between creators and publishers and enables the discovery of new content and verification, authenticity and authorization of generated content through a truly transparent and timestamped system of attribution. Po.et is based in Singapore and the United States, with offices in Los Angeles, CA. For more information about Po.et, please visit po.et .
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020
- Swiss company Overfuture To Offer Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding (Security Token Offering) - January 29, 2020