Adjoint has announced the first close, at $1.05 million, of a pre-seed round, with participation from Fintech Angels, venture funds including Chicago Trading Company (CTC) Ventures, Danhua Capital, Kluz Ventures, and prominent angels from the U.S., UK, and Japan.
“We are gratified by the reception and support we’ve received from investors who see the opportunity of eliminating reconciliation costs, risks, and errors for post-trade clearing and settlement in energy trading and the broader capital markets,” commented Havell Rodrigues, CEO and Co-Founder of Adjoint.
Adjoint is developing a full-stack platform that encompasses all stages of the smart contract lifecycle from conception to deployment for financial services clients. Smart contracts are small applications that run on a decentralized database and automatically mediate the terms of agreement between parties without the need to manually synchronize data or involve trusted third parties. They offer efficiency, redundancy, and auditability. Adjoint’s solution is built from the ground up to meet the needs of institutions for privacy, security, and scalability.
“Havell is putting together a great team and is off to a fantastic start with Adjoint. We are pleased to support them as they grow,” noted Artur Kluz, Managing Partner of Kluz Ventures. “As investors in FinTech in U.S., Europe, and elsewhere,” he continued, “we were impressed with the Adjoint approach.” Kluz Ventures invested in Adjoint through The Next Impact, one of its venture funds focused on transformative technologies: AI, Machine Learning, Big Data, FinTech, blockchain, and VR.
“We have created a powerful asset modeling language that allows financial domain experts to create smart contracts,” said Darren Tseng, Adjoint Co-Founder & VP of Product. “These smart contracts accurately represent sophisticated financial instruments on the distributed ledger, and our platform can be used to easily compose, analyze, and mediate these contracts. This enables users from financial institutions to view and control the whole life-cycle of financial smart contracts – from trade capture, counterparty agreement, netting, settlement, and reporting.”
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019