Adjoint has announced the first close, at $1.05 million, of a pre-seed round, with participation from Fintech Angels, venture funds including Chicago Trading Company (CTC) Ventures, Danhua Capital, Kluz Ventures, and prominent angels from the U.S., UK, and Japan.
“We are gratified by the reception and support we’ve received from investors who see the opportunity of eliminating reconciliation costs, risks, and errors for post-trade clearing and settlement in energy trading and the broader capital markets,” commented Havell Rodrigues, CEO and Co-Founder of Adjoint.
Adjoint is developing a full-stack platform that encompasses all stages of the smart contract lifecycle from conception to deployment for financial services clients. Smart contracts are small applications that run on a decentralized database and automatically mediate the terms of agreement between parties without the need to manually synchronize data or involve trusted third parties. They offer efficiency, redundancy, and auditability. Adjoint’s solution is built from the ground up to meet the needs of institutions for privacy, security, and scalability.
“Havell is putting together a great team and is off to a fantastic start with Adjoint. We are pleased to support them as they grow,” noted Artur Kluz, Managing Partner of Kluz Ventures. “As investors in FinTech in U.S., Europe, and elsewhere,” he continued, “we were impressed with the Adjoint approach.” Kluz Ventures invested in Adjoint through The Next Impact, one of its venture funds focused on transformative technologies: AI, Machine Learning, Big Data, FinTech, blockchain, and VR.
“We have created a powerful asset modeling language that allows financial domain experts to create smart contracts,” said Darren Tseng, Adjoint Co-Founder & VP of Product. “These smart contracts accurately represent sophisticated financial instruments on the distributed ledger, and our platform can be used to easily compose, analyze, and mediate these contracts. This enables users from financial institutions to view and control the whole life-cycle of financial smart contracts – from trade capture, counterparty agreement, netting, settlement, and reporting.”
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
- æternity Teams Up with Uruguay Can to Track Cannabis Production on the Blockchain - October 2, 2019
- Streamr Launches Global Pub/Sub Network For Machine Data - October 2, 2019
- SEC Orders Blockone to Pay $24 Million Fine for Unregistered ICO - October 2, 2019