Adjoint has announced the first close, at $1.05 million, of a pre-seed round, with participation from Fintech Angels, venture funds including Chicago Trading Company (CTC) Ventures, Danhua Capital, Kluz Ventures, and prominent angels from the U.S., UK, and Japan.
“We are gratified by the reception and support we’ve received from investors who see the opportunity of eliminating reconciliation costs, risks, and errors for post-trade clearing and settlement in energy trading and the broader capital markets,” commented Havell Rodrigues, CEO and Co-Founder of Adjoint.
Adjoint is developing a full-stack platform that encompasses all stages of the smart contract lifecycle from conception to deployment for financial services clients. Smart contracts are small applications that run on a decentralized database and automatically mediate the terms of agreement between parties without the need to manually synchronize data or involve trusted third parties. They offer efficiency, redundancy, and auditability. Adjoint’s solution is built from the ground up to meet the needs of institutions for privacy, security, and scalability.
“Havell is putting together a great team and is off to a fantastic start with Adjoint. We are pleased to support them as they grow,” noted Artur Kluz, Managing Partner of Kluz Ventures. “As investors in FinTech in U.S., Europe, and elsewhere,” he continued, “we were impressed with the Adjoint approach.” Kluz Ventures invested in Adjoint through The Next Impact, one of its venture funds focused on transformative technologies: AI, Machine Learning, Big Data, FinTech, blockchain, and VR.
“We have created a powerful asset modeling language that allows financial domain experts to create smart contracts,” said Darren Tseng, Adjoint Co-Founder & VP of Product. “These smart contracts accurately represent sophisticated financial instruments on the distributed ledger, and our platform can be used to easily compose, analyze, and mediate these contracts. This enables users from financial institutions to view and control the whole life-cycle of financial smart contracts – from trade capture, counterparty agreement, netting, settlement, and reporting.”
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019