“The Canadian Bitcoin Trust is an open-ended unit trust that enables investors to get exposure to the price of Bitcoin without having to worry about buying and securing Bitcoin, which has been a challenge for investors,” said Sean Clark, co-founder of First Block Capital.
Launched by Vancouver-based entrepreneurs Sean Clark and Marc van der Chijs, First Block Capital has partnered with FrontFundr, Canada’s leading online investment platform, allowing all levels of investment into the trust starting at $500. An investment in units of the trust is available on a private placement basis to eligible Canadian investors pursuant to exemptions from applicable prospectus requirements (specifically, the “offering memorandum” exemption under National Instrument 45-106).
“With crypto-currency poised to become a new asset class, Canadian Bitcoin Trust is the first opportunity for all Canadians to be able to invest in Bitcoin securely,” said Peter-Paul Van Hoeken, CEO of FrontFundr. “FrontFundr is thrilled to bring this opportunity to the larger investor community, democratizing investment in crypto-currency for all Canadians.”
The value of Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies increased from $30 billion in December 2016 to over $100 billion in June 2017. Previously, buying Bitcoin required a seasoned level of knowledge to navigate the technical transaction process. Investors were also required to securely store the Bitcoin they purchased. First Block Capital’s partnership with FrontFundr simplifies the process by allowing investors to buy units of the Canadian Bitcoin Trust. This removes barriers for investors who simply want to get into the market through traditional investment channels.
Bitcoin and Blockchain technology have grown in popularity partly because they give power back to the investor by removing third parties that require authentication, verification, settling and record keeping. Many investors like that transactions are handled peer-to-peer directly with no additional bank fees and arbitrary transfer limits.
Some key advantages of the Canadian Bitcoin Trust are exposure to a new digital currency asset class and to an asset class that is non-correlated to traditional markets. First Block Capital aims to help investors capture the value of disruptive technologies based on the Blockchain through FrontFundr. To buy into the trust, which launched today visit FrontFundr.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019