Having successfully launched bitcoin, USD and EUR gateways, Waves has now implemented an Ether gateway within the lite client – opening more possibilities for decentralised trading. The gateway will enable users to store ETH and trade it against other tokens on the DEX.
The Ethereum gateway will work in a similar way to the existing bitcoin gateway: users will send ETH to the given address within the client and will receive a Waves token in return. These tokens will be backed 1:1 with Ether, and can be withdrawn and exchanged for ETH at any time.
Meanwhile, whilst they remain within the Waves Blockchain ecosystem, the Waves ETH tokens can be stored securely and transferred with the speed and low cost of the Waves network. In particular, it will be possible to trade them against other Waves tokens – including WBTC and WAVES itself. This means that users will be able to trade ETH peer-to-peer on DEX, against BTC, WAVES, USD and EUR, as well as any other token. Thanks to Waves’ centralised order matching, the DEX approaches the speed of a traditional exchange, but with the security of Blockchain settlement.
“We’re really pleased to add another gateway to the Waves client,” commented Sasha Ivanov, Waves CEO. “Ethereum is the foremost Blockchain platform after bitcoin itself, and it’s important to be able to offer users the opportunity to trade ETH on a decentralised exchange. In due course we’ll be adding more coin gateways, broadening our appeal and allowing not only trading but Waves crowdsales that collect a whole range of cryptocurrencies directly.”
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019