Having successfully launched bitcoin, USD and EUR gateways, Waves has now implemented an Ether gateway within the lite client – opening more possibilities for decentralised trading. The gateway will enable users to store ETH and trade it against other tokens on the DEX.
The Ethereum gateway will work in a similar way to the existing bitcoin gateway: users will send ETH to the given address within the client and will receive a Waves token in return. These tokens will be backed 1:1 with Ether, and can be withdrawn and exchanged for ETH at any time.
Meanwhile, whilst they remain within the Waves Blockchain ecosystem, the Waves ETH tokens can be stored securely and transferred with the speed and low cost of the Waves network. In particular, it will be possible to trade them against other Waves tokens – including WBTC and WAVES itself. This means that users will be able to trade ETH peer-to-peer on DEX, against BTC, WAVES, USD and EUR, as well as any other token. Thanks to Waves’ centralised order matching, the DEX approaches the speed of a traditional exchange, but with the security of Blockchain settlement.
“We’re really pleased to add another gateway to the Waves client,” commented Sasha Ivanov, Waves CEO. “Ethereum is the foremost Blockchain platform after bitcoin itself, and it’s important to be able to offer users the opportunity to trade ETH on a decentralised exchange. In due course we’ll be adding more coin gateways, broadening our appeal and allowing not only trading but Waves crowdsales that collect a whole range of cryptocurrencies directly.”
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
- æternity Teams Up with Uruguay Can to Track Cannabis Production on the Blockchain - October 2, 2019
- Streamr Launches Global Pub/Sub Network For Machine Data - October 2, 2019
- SEC Orders Blockone to Pay $24 Million Fine for Unregistered ICO - October 2, 2019