Dash, a leading digital currency for payments, has officially been accepted by Apple as an approved cryptocurrency on the App Store. Following a comprehensive appeal, the world’s largest company has now formally reversed an August 2016 decision to deny entry to the App Store for applications integrating Dash, including the official Dash wallet. The approval confirms that Dash, now the 6th largest digital currency by total market cap, can be integrated and utilized in any relevant application in the iOS App Store, including multi-blockchain wallets and Dash’s own official wallet, available today.
CEO of Dash Core Ryan Taylor said:
“As Dash continues to expand our user base and ecosystem of services, it is critical for our users to have access to their Dash funds on a variety of platforms, especially mobile devices. Dash’s instant payments make Dash ideal for point-of-sale situations, which means mobile phone support for all of our users is a must. The fact that Apple now recognizes the increased demand and importance of Dash speaks to the progress we’ve made in reaching larger and larger audiences.”
Over the past year, developers and blockchain companies have submitted several Dash-integrated wallets to the App Store, of which the vast majority were rejected.
“Apple is in a difficult position. Ultimately, they are attempting to look out for user safety by preventing less reputable projects from accessing the Apple Store ecosystem. In the past, a number of unaudited and unofficial Dash wallets have slipped through the review process, leaving users questioning the safety of those options. Now that Dash is an Apple-approved digital currency, we are able to offer our users an officially endorsed wallet option. Our users can confidently use Dash wallets that are maintained, officially supported, and known to be safe. Apple has shown a willingness to allow worthy digital currencies into their platform, but that requires an incredible amount of due diligence on their part. We’re pleased that they determined Dash was worth the substantial effort to evaluate, and we’re obviously pleased with the outcome.”
The final step of the appeal process was a six-page written report submitted to the App Store at the beginning of June, informing Apple of Dash’s surge in popularity, growth in value and demand, ability to scale, and its improvements upon bitcoin as a consumer’s e-commerce currency of choice.
“We asked Apple to reconsider Dash’s status because we have a compelling story of continued growth and innovation. We believe that Dash is already a far superior digital currency compared with other options, and with our landmark Evolution release rolling out in stages over the next year, our user experience will be even more differentiated going forward.
Additionally, we want to meet our users’ demands, and support on Apple products ranks at the top of the list of our user wishes. In short, our users’ priorities are our priorities. We couldn’t be more pleased that Apple has decided Dash is worthy of being one of the few approved digital currencies on their platform. There is a lot of overlap in our user bases, as both entities focus on optimizing the end-user experience and making our respective products a pleasure to use,” Taylor said.
An official iOS compatible Dash wallet, built by the Dash Core Team, is now ready for download on the App Store.
“We’ve had a version ready for many months pending the approval and it is simply called ‘Dash Wallet.’ We’ll be making larger investments into our iOS wallet now that we are approved, but even the initial version will include support for sending InstantSend payments. We’ll be adding additional features and enhancements over the coming months as well,” Taylor said.
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
- Thai Actor and Victim’s Bitcoin Buddy Implicated in Kidnapping and Ransom of Singaporean National in Thailand - January 14, 2020
- Securitize Runs First-Ever IRA Investment In Digital Securities - January 14, 2020
- NBA Star Spencer Dinwiddie “Tokenizing” His Contract With or Without NBA Green Light - January 13, 2020
- European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde Says ECB Bullish on Digital Currencies - January 13, 2020
- Canadian Crypto Company Voyager Digital Completes Acquisition of US Registered Broker-Dealer - January 13, 2020
- Cogito, Hong Kong-Based Entertainment Studio, Launches Decentralised Autonomous Virtual Horse Racing Game - January 9, 2020
- Blockchain Bandwagon Company Longfin CEO Settles with US SEC for $400,000 - January 7, 2020
- Winklevoss Brothers Invest in $5 million Seed Round for TaxBit - January 7, 2020
- Securrency Secures $17.65 million in Series A funding round Led by WisdomTree - January 7, 2020
- Measure Protocol Backed with £2m in New Funding for Blockchain-Powered Person-Based Data Marketplace - January 7, 2020
- The Next Wave of Crypto – Traction is Key – And Mobile Mining is Gaining Massive Adoption - January 2, 2020
- Google Reverses Metamask Ban from Playstore - January 1, 2020
- Bankex Launches Token Exchange Engine in Telegram - December 31, 2019