Dash, a leading digital currency for payments, has officially been accepted by Apple as an approved cryptocurrency on the App Store. Following a comprehensive appeal, the world’s largest company has now formally reversed an August 2016 decision to deny entry to the App Store for applications integrating Dash, including the official Dash wallet. The approval confirms that Dash, now the 6th largest digital currency by total market cap, can be integrated and utilized in any relevant application in the iOS App Store, including multi-blockchain wallets and Dash’s own official wallet, available today.
CEO of Dash Core Ryan Taylor said:
“As Dash continues to expand our user base and ecosystem of services, it is critical for our users to have access to their Dash funds on a variety of platforms, especially mobile devices. Dash’s instant payments make Dash ideal for point-of-sale situations, which means mobile phone support for all of our users is a must. The fact that Apple now recognizes the increased demand and importance of Dash speaks to the progress we’ve made in reaching larger and larger audiences.”
Over the past year, developers and blockchain companies have submitted several Dash-integrated wallets to the App Store, of which the vast majority were rejected.
“Apple is in a difficult position. Ultimately, they are attempting to look out for user safety by preventing less reputable projects from accessing the Apple Store ecosystem. In the past, a number of unaudited and unofficial Dash wallets have slipped through the review process, leaving users questioning the safety of those options. Now that Dash is an Apple-approved digital currency, we are able to offer our users an officially endorsed wallet option. Our users can confidently use Dash wallets that are maintained, officially supported, and known to be safe. Apple has shown a willingness to allow worthy digital currencies into their platform, but that requires an incredible amount of due diligence on their part. We’re pleased that they determined Dash was worth the substantial effort to evaluate, and we’re obviously pleased with the outcome.”
The final step of the appeal process was a six-page written report submitted to the App Store at the beginning of June, informing Apple of Dash’s surge in popularity, growth in value and demand, ability to scale, and its improvements upon bitcoin as a consumer’s e-commerce currency of choice.
“We asked Apple to reconsider Dash’s status because we have a compelling story of continued growth and innovation. We believe that Dash is already a far superior digital currency compared with other options, and with our landmark Evolution release rolling out in stages over the next year, our user experience will be even more differentiated going forward.
Additionally, we want to meet our users’ demands, and support on Apple products ranks at the top of the list of our user wishes. In short, our users’ priorities are our priorities. We couldn’t be more pleased that Apple has decided Dash is worthy of being one of the few approved digital currencies on their platform. There is a lot of overlap in our user bases, as both entities focus on optimizing the end-user experience and making our respective products a pleasure to use,” Taylor said.
An official iOS compatible Dash wallet, built by the Dash Core Team, is now ready for download on the App Store.
“We’ve had a version ready for many months pending the approval and it is simply called ‘Dash Wallet.’ We’ll be making larger investments into our iOS wallet now that we are approved, but even the initial version will include support for sending InstantSend payments. We’ll be adding additional features and enhancements over the coming months as well,” Taylor said.
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020