After initial hesitancy concerning Bitcoin and Blockchain, Russia is now embracing the new suite of technologies — and Waves is at the forefront of the movement.
Most recently, Gazprombank Digital, the digital division of the well-known bank, has entered into a partnership aimed at providing clients with comprehensive initial coin offering (ICO) services and customised Blockchain solutions — specifically tailored for the Russian metals and mining sector.
Gazprombank is the third largest bank in the Russian Federation, with presence in Switzerland and Luxembourg among other international markets. Waves will provide solutions for the introduction of innovative digital financing mechanisms, whilst GPB Digital will focus on developing financial technology solutions and — critically — bringing them to a mainstream banking client base, including corporate and investment banking customers.
“Blockchain technologies are gaining ground, already allowing technology start-ups to raise significant amounts of funding in cryptocurrencies. ICOs are best-suited for small- and mid-size venture projects, but should not be limited to the technology sector alone. We see big potential in bringing cryptocurrency financing innovation to the real sector of the economy — in particular, to metals and mining exploration and development projects. We are pleased to cooperate with the Waves Platform and are confident that our joint efforts will help bring real projects that meet very high standards of financial soundness and risk disclosure to cryptocurrency investors,” comments Maxim Ermilov, Chief Executive Officer of GPB Digital.
Under this agreement, GPB Digital will communicate and promote the long-term advantages of the innovative ICO financing mechanism to companies in the real-world (rather than digital) sector of the Russian economy, starting with metals and mining. In addition, one of the key objectives is to raise the quality of projects offered to ICO investors, bringing the standards of financial analysis and risk disclosure closer to the ones qualified investors in traditional financial instruments expect.
“Our partnership is a significant step towards mass application of Blockchain technology. Presently, initial coin offerings are not regulated and carry significant risks for investors. Our strategic partnership with GPB Digital, the daughter company of Gazprombank, will allow us to generate a high-quality deal flow for global cryptocurrency investors. It is an important step forward for the entire Blockchain industry, in Russia and across the world,” adds Waves founder and CEO Sasha Ivanov.
Join Wavescommunity: http://wavescommunity.com/
Join Waves News channel: https://t.me/wavesnews
Join Waves twitter: http://twitter.com/wavesplatform
Join Waves Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wavesplatform/
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019