After initial hesitancy concerning Bitcoin and Blockchain, Russia is now embracing the new suite of technologies — and Waves is at the forefront of the movement.
Most recently, Gazprombank Digital, the digital division of the well-known bank, has entered into a partnership aimed at providing clients with comprehensive initial coin offering (ICO) services and customised Blockchain solutions — specifically tailored for the Russian metals and mining sector.
Gazprombank is the third largest bank in the Russian Federation, with presence in Switzerland and Luxembourg among other international markets. Waves will provide solutions for the introduction of innovative digital financing mechanisms, whilst GPB Digital will focus on developing financial technology solutions and — critically — bringing them to a mainstream banking client base, including corporate and investment banking customers.
“Blockchain technologies are gaining ground, already allowing technology start-ups to raise significant amounts of funding in cryptocurrencies. ICOs are best-suited for small- and mid-size venture projects, but should not be limited to the technology sector alone. We see big potential in bringing cryptocurrency financing innovation to the real sector of the economy — in particular, to metals and mining exploration and development projects. We are pleased to cooperate with the Waves Platform and are confident that our joint efforts will help bring real projects that meet very high standards of financial soundness and risk disclosure to cryptocurrency investors,” comments Maxim Ermilov, Chief Executive Officer of GPB Digital.
Under this agreement, GPB Digital will communicate and promote the long-term advantages of the innovative ICO financing mechanism to companies in the real-world (rather than digital) sector of the Russian economy, starting with metals and mining. In addition, one of the key objectives is to raise the quality of projects offered to ICO investors, bringing the standards of financial analysis and risk disclosure closer to the ones qualified investors in traditional financial instruments expect.
“Our partnership is a significant step towards mass application of Blockchain technology. Presently, initial coin offerings are not regulated and carry significant risks for investors. Our strategic partnership with GPB Digital, the daughter company of Gazprombank, will allow us to generate a high-quality deal flow for global cryptocurrency investors. It is an important step forward for the entire Blockchain industry, in Russia and across the world,” adds Waves founder and CEO Sasha Ivanov.
Join Wavescommunity: http://wavescommunity.com/
Join Waves News channel: https://t.me/wavesnews
Join Waves twitter: http://twitter.com/wavesplatform
Join Waves Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wavesplatform/
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019