SONM, the universal fog supercomputer powered by blockchain technology, has today announced that it has successfully launched an updated version of its platform, with integration of a new “Discovery Algorithm.” The Discovery Algorithm is a feature for the SONM protocol that enables hubs and miners to operate in a unified network without the knowledge of a direct IP address. In a related announcement, SONM has launched the first bootstrap node, a startup node that easily connects miners and hubs on the platform.
The Discovery Algorithm allows deploying hubs and miners to operate concurrently in a unified network without knowledge an IP address. The Discovery Algorithm is instead supported by continuously-online bootstrap nodes that operate on dedicated servers, using IP addresses that are hard-coded within the SONM client. This algorithm is built on top of the Whisper Protocol, a secure peer-to-peer communication protocol used in the Ethereum network for DApps, which allow nodes to communicate with one another.
SONM CEO Sergey Ponomarev said:
“We are very excited to launch the Discovery Algorithm, a progressive technology that will enhance the capabilities of the SONM platform. Before the launch of our Discovery Algorithm, miners were required to know the exact IP address of the hub node in the network to manually set up an application, a task, requiring technical skills and time, which could and should be automated. With the Algorithm, however, this process runs automatically, which represents an important step in SONM’s technical development that will significantly improve efficiency.”
In addition to the Discovery Algorithm, SONM also improved several key usability functions within the network, including the configuration ability with YAML format configuration files. YAML is a data serialization language that is often used for configuration files and also has applications in data storage and transmission. YAML has some advantages over JSON, XML, and INI for configuration purposes, such as easily allowing for comments while preserving its hierarchical structure. Its inclusion in the SONM platform lets users save their settings to a file, eliminating the necessity of setting up command line arguments each time a hub or miner is launched.
SONM has also updated the platform to include a useful metrics collection for transfers from miners to hubs. In addition, it has included the ability to restrict resources available to containers inside miner host machines. This feature allows for efficient utilization of resources. These new processes will allow miners and hubs to communicate with each other, ensuring stability and efficient facilitation of work within the SONM network. Furthermore, SONM’s code is now stored entirely on Github, rather than on multiple repositories, which will enhance the transparency of the development process and assist in collaboration among the team.
“These critical updates to the SONM network demonstrate the significant progress that the team has made toward its mission of developing a universal fog supercomputer powered by blockchain. The team is continually working to improve the usability and efficiency of the SONM platform, and remains confident that this will be the first of many developmental breakthroughs that will enhance the functionality of this innovative protocol.”
SONM’s Initial Coin Offering (ICO) concluded on July 15, 2017, successfully reaching its $42 million USD cap just four days into the sale with 8,774 participants. By adjusting the Algorithms behind conventional cloud and grid networks, SONM is the first distributed supercomputer to be used for general purposes, including site hosting, DNA analysis, and scientific calculations. SONM has issued SNM tokens on the Ethereum blockchain, which are now listed on multiple exchanges, including HitBTC, EthereDelta, Liqui, Tidex, YoBit, and COSS. More information is available at sonm.io/alpha-release.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019