SONM, the universal fog supercomputer powered by blockchain technology, has today announced that it has successfully launched an updated version of its platform, with integration of a new “Discovery Algorithm.” The Discovery Algorithm is a feature for the SONM protocol that enables hubs and miners to operate in a unified network without the knowledge of a direct IP address. In a related announcement, SONM has launched the first bootstrap node, a startup node that easily connects miners and hubs on the platform.
The Discovery Algorithm allows deploying hubs and miners to operate concurrently in a unified network without knowledge an IP address. The Discovery Algorithm is instead supported by continuously-online bootstrap nodes that operate on dedicated servers, using IP addresses that are hard-coded within the SONM client. This algorithm is built on top of the Whisper Protocol, a secure peer-to-peer communication protocol used in the Ethereum network for DApps, which allow nodes to communicate with one another.
SONM CEO Sergey Ponomarev said:
“We are very excited to launch the Discovery Algorithm, a progressive technology that will enhance the capabilities of the SONM platform. Before the launch of our Discovery Algorithm, miners were required to know the exact IP address of the hub node in the network to manually set up an application, a task, requiring technical skills and time, which could and should be automated. With the Algorithm, however, this process runs automatically, which represents an important step in SONM’s technical development that will significantly improve efficiency.”
In addition to the Discovery Algorithm, SONM also improved several key usability functions within the network, including the configuration ability with YAML format configuration files. YAML is a data serialization language that is often used for configuration files and also has applications in data storage and transmission. YAML has some advantages over JSON, XML, and INI for configuration purposes, such as easily allowing for comments while preserving its hierarchical structure. Its inclusion in the SONM platform lets users save their settings to a file, eliminating the necessity of setting up command line arguments each time a hub or miner is launched.
SONM has also updated the platform to include a useful metrics collection for transfers from miners to hubs. In addition, it has included the ability to restrict resources available to containers inside miner host machines. This feature allows for efficient utilization of resources. These new processes will allow miners and hubs to communicate with each other, ensuring stability and efficient facilitation of work within the SONM network. Furthermore, SONM’s code is now stored entirely on Github, rather than on multiple repositories, which will enhance the transparency of the development process and assist in collaboration among the team.
“These critical updates to the SONM network demonstrate the significant progress that the team has made toward its mission of developing a universal fog supercomputer powered by blockchain. The team is continually working to improve the usability and efficiency of the SONM platform, and remains confident that this will be the first of many developmental breakthroughs that will enhance the functionality of this innovative protocol.”
SONM’s Initial Coin Offering (ICO) concluded on July 15, 2017, successfully reaching its $42 million USD cap just four days into the sale with 8,774 participants. By adjusting the Algorithms behind conventional cloud and grid networks, SONM is the first distributed supercomputer to be used for general purposes, including site hosting, DNA analysis, and scientific calculations. SONM has issued SNM tokens on the Ethereum blockchain, which are now listed on multiple exchanges, including HitBTC, EthereDelta, Liqui, Tidex, YoBit, and COSS. More information is available at sonm.io/alpha-release.
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020