SONM, the universal fog supercomputer powered by blockchain technology, has today announced that it has successfully launched an updated version of its platform, with integration of a new “Discovery Algorithm.” The Discovery Algorithm is a feature for the SONM protocol that enables hubs and miners to operate in a unified network without the knowledge of a direct IP address. In a related announcement, SONM has launched the first bootstrap node, a startup node that easily connects miners and hubs on the platform.
The Discovery Algorithm allows deploying hubs and miners to operate concurrently in a unified network without knowledge an IP address. The Discovery Algorithm is instead supported by continuously-online bootstrap nodes that operate on dedicated servers, using IP addresses that are hard-coded within the SONM client. This algorithm is built on top of the Whisper Protocol, a secure peer-to-peer communication protocol used in the Ethereum network for DApps, which allow nodes to communicate with one another.
SONM CEO Sergey Ponomarev said:
“We are very excited to launch the Discovery Algorithm, a progressive technology that will enhance the capabilities of the SONM platform. Before the launch of our Discovery Algorithm, miners were required to know the exact IP address of the hub node in the network to manually set up an application, a task, requiring technical skills and time, which could and should be automated. With the Algorithm, however, this process runs automatically, which represents an important step in SONM’s technical development that will significantly improve efficiency.”
In addition to the Discovery Algorithm, SONM also improved several key usability functions within the network, including the configuration ability with YAML format configuration files. YAML is a data serialization language that is often used for configuration files and also has applications in data storage and transmission. YAML has some advantages over JSON, XML, and INI for configuration purposes, such as easily allowing for comments while preserving its hierarchical structure. Its inclusion in the SONM platform lets users save their settings to a file, eliminating the necessity of setting up command line arguments each time a hub or miner is launched.
SONM has also updated the platform to include a useful metrics collection for transfers from miners to hubs. In addition, it has included the ability to restrict resources available to containers inside miner host machines. This feature allows for efficient utilization of resources. These new processes will allow miners and hubs to communicate with each other, ensuring stability and efficient facilitation of work within the SONM network. Furthermore, SONM’s code is now stored entirely on Github, rather than on multiple repositories, which will enhance the transparency of the development process and assist in collaboration among the team.
“These critical updates to the SONM network demonstrate the significant progress that the team has made toward its mission of developing a universal fog supercomputer powered by blockchain. The team is continually working to improve the usability and efficiency of the SONM platform, and remains confident that this will be the first of many developmental breakthroughs that will enhance the functionality of this innovative protocol.”
SONM’s Initial Coin Offering (ICO) concluded on July 15, 2017, successfully reaching its $42 million USD cap just four days into the sale with 8,774 participants. By adjusting the Algorithms behind conventional cloud and grid networks, SONM is the first distributed supercomputer to be used for general purposes, including site hosting, DNA analysis, and scientific calculations. SONM has issued SNM tokens on the Ethereum blockchain, which are now listed on multiple exchanges, including HitBTC, EthereDelta, Liqui, Tidex, YoBit, and COSS. More information is available at sonm.io/alpha-release.
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019