Blockchain startup ICONOMI has cut a deal with London-based Columbus Capital as its first asset management partner to maintain and grow funds comprised entirely of Blockchain based assets.
While ICONOMI will continue focusing on platform development and offering the software tools for Blockchain-focused fund managers, Columbus Capital will independently manage three initial funds; a comprehensive Blockchain Index (BLX), Pinta (CCP), a closed-end, high performance fund focusing on novel digital assets and Blockchain.ONE, a fund soon to be listed on traditional, internationally regulated exchanges.
Each of these funds originated as the first Digital Asset Arrays (DAAs) built on ICONOMI’s software. Co-founder of ICONOMI Jani Valjavec and one of Europe’s top fund managers, Igor Erker, formerly of Numerica Partners and Alta Funds, will spearhead Columbus Capital.
Igor Erker, Columbus Capital CEO said:
“We are managing one of the world’s most exciting funds: the Columbus Capital Pinta, previously known as ICNP, which invests exclusively in the highest potential token sales. Our extraordinary team has unrivaled knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry. With our proprietary due diligence processes, we will focus on highly profitable investment opportunities while obtaining access to the best possible deals. With Blockchain Index, previously known as ICNX, we have created a best-in-breed onramp for all investors to invest in the entire Blockchain industry ― today the fastest growing sector in the world.”
Now under Columbus Capital’s purview, Pinta was named after explorer Christopher Columbus’ fastest ship. It has rapidly become the world’s largest and highest performing fund focusing on ICOs, with over $45 million USD in assets under management. Blockchain Index is a lower risk and less volatile fund that serves as a best-in-class approximation of the entire Blockchain industry. BLX was seeded with $3 million USD.
CEO of Columbus Capital Igor Erker holds a Masters degree in investment management at Cass Business School in London and is an executive MBA candidate at Cambridge University. Erker managed four highly regarded funds in developing markets at Alta, which were regularly ranked among the best performing funds of their category. Serving as Senior Advisor to Columbus Capital is Jani Valjavec, the prominent Co-Founder of ICONOMI, Co-Founder of Cashila, and one of Europe’s most highly respected thought leaders in emerging markets and Blockchain technology.
Senior Advisor to Columbus Capital Jani Valjavec said:
“ICONOMI has developed the world’s leading software platform to manage and form digital asset arrays. We are forming what we believe will be the foundational element of the new economy. Eventually dozens or even hundreds of DAAs will operate on the ICONOMI platform. To maintain our focus on developing this critical platform, ICONOMI has spun out our two pre-announced DAAs, INCP and ICNX, to the capable and highly experienced management team at Columbus Capital. As a result, Columbus Capital will be ICONOMI’s first official third-party customer. We have seen increased investor demand for the investment alternatives, and we believe this is an opportune time to present this new vehicle. Columbus Capital highlights our commitment to the market demands and our ambition to continue to broaden investment opportunities in all areas.”
Columbus Capital is the missing link between traditional investment management expertise and technological breakthroughs represented by a new asset class. It is uniquely positioned to provide an unmatched level of crypto-investment expertise combined with a remarkable fund management team and will focus on targeting a new type of investors and new investment opportunities.
Jani Valjavec and Igor Erker have a combined 30 years of experience in public securities investment management and business development.
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019