Blockchain startup ICONOMI has cut a deal with London-based Columbus Capital as its first asset management partner to maintain and grow funds comprised entirely of Blockchain based assets.
While ICONOMI will continue focusing on platform development and offering the software tools for Blockchain-focused fund managers, Columbus Capital will independently manage three initial funds; a comprehensive Blockchain Index (BLX), Pinta (CCP), a closed-end, high performance fund focusing on novel digital assets and Blockchain.ONE, a fund soon to be listed on traditional, internationally regulated exchanges.
Each of these funds originated as the first Digital Asset Arrays (DAAs) built on ICONOMI’s software. Co-founder of ICONOMI Jani Valjavec and one of Europe’s top fund managers, Igor Erker, formerly of Numerica Partners and Alta Funds, will spearhead Columbus Capital.
Igor Erker, Columbus Capital CEO said:
“We are managing one of the world’s most exciting funds: the Columbus Capital Pinta, previously known as ICNP, which invests exclusively in the highest potential token sales. Our extraordinary team has unrivaled knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry. With our proprietary due diligence processes, we will focus on highly profitable investment opportunities while obtaining access to the best possible deals. With Blockchain Index, previously known as ICNX, we have created a best-in-breed onramp for all investors to invest in the entire Blockchain industry ― today the fastest growing sector in the world.”
Now under Columbus Capital’s purview, Pinta was named after explorer Christopher Columbus’ fastest ship. It has rapidly become the world’s largest and highest performing fund focusing on ICOs, with over $45 million USD in assets under management. Blockchain Index is a lower risk and less volatile fund that serves as a best-in-class approximation of the entire Blockchain industry. BLX was seeded with $3 million USD.
CEO of Columbus Capital Igor Erker holds a Masters degree in investment management at Cass Business School in London and is an executive MBA candidate at Cambridge University. Erker managed four highly regarded funds in developing markets at Alta, which were regularly ranked among the best performing funds of their category. Serving as Senior Advisor to Columbus Capital is Jani Valjavec, the prominent Co-Founder of ICONOMI, Co-Founder of Cashila, and one of Europe’s most highly respected thought leaders in emerging markets and Blockchain technology.
Senior Advisor to Columbus Capital Jani Valjavec said:
“ICONOMI has developed the world’s leading software platform to manage and form digital asset arrays. We are forming what we believe will be the foundational element of the new economy. Eventually dozens or even hundreds of DAAs will operate on the ICONOMI platform. To maintain our focus on developing this critical platform, ICONOMI has spun out our two pre-announced DAAs, INCP and ICNX, to the capable and highly experienced management team at Columbus Capital. As a result, Columbus Capital will be ICONOMI’s first official third-party customer. We have seen increased investor demand for the investment alternatives, and we believe this is an opportune time to present this new vehicle. Columbus Capital highlights our commitment to the market demands and our ambition to continue to broaden investment opportunities in all areas.”
Columbus Capital is the missing link between traditional investment management expertise and technological breakthroughs represented by a new asset class. It is uniquely positioned to provide an unmatched level of crypto-investment expertise combined with a remarkable fund management team and will focus on targeting a new type of investors and new investment opportunities.
Jani Valjavec and Igor Erker have a combined 30 years of experience in public securities investment management and business development.
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018
- Tokenomy Announces the Full Launch of Tokenomy Exchange - September 17, 2018
- Pandora Boxchain Creates Reputation Token for the Ethereum network - September 13, 2018
- DNAtix Sets a New Record: Compresses DNA Sequences to 99 per cent of Original Size - September 12, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Femergy Launches Global Entrepreneurship Platform To Tackle Tech Gender Gap - September 12, 2018
- First Crypto Marathon held in Lithuania – Runners win Tokens - September 11, 2018
- EU Holds Off on Crypto Regulation - September 11, 2018
- European Parliamentarians Propose EU-Wide ICO Regulatory Framework - September 6, 2018
- Former Prime Minister of Estonia Becomes New Chairman of Blockchain Startup Lympo - September 6, 2018
- Warhol Goes Crypto – Multi Million Dollar Group Sale to 100 Participants Using Blockchain-Fueled Maecenas Platform - September 5, 2018
- Credits and Lenovo to join forces on the Internet of Things - September 5, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Wala Wins 2018 Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion - September 5, 2018
- Stellar Lumen Joins Lykke Exchange - September 3, 2018
- Arteïa, The Ultimate Decentralized Cataloging Solution To Manage The Value Of Art Collections - August 30, 2018
- Neon Exchange (NEX) – First Regulated Exchange Security Token in Europe – Announces ICO - August 30, 2018
- Evident Proof Passes Smart Contract Audit with a 100 Percent Score - August 29, 2018
- Blockchain Platform Orbs Marks Strategic Expansion Into South Korea - August 29, 2018
- Lisk Rolls Out Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet - August 29, 2018