Blockchain startup ICONOMI has cut a deal with London-based Columbus Capital as its first asset management partner to maintain and grow funds comprised entirely of Blockchain based assets.
While ICONOMI will continue focusing on platform development and offering the software tools for Blockchain-focused fund managers, Columbus Capital will independently manage three initial funds; a comprehensive Blockchain Index (BLX), Pinta (CCP), a closed-end, high performance fund focusing on novel digital assets and Blockchain.ONE, a fund soon to be listed on traditional, internationally regulated exchanges.
Each of these funds originated as the first Digital Asset Arrays (DAAs) built on ICONOMI’s software. Co-founder of ICONOMI Jani Valjavec and one of Europe’s top fund managers, Igor Erker, formerly of Numerica Partners and Alta Funds, will spearhead Columbus Capital.
Igor Erker, Columbus Capital CEO said:
“We are managing one of the world’s most exciting funds: the Columbus Capital Pinta, previously known as ICNP, which invests exclusively in the highest potential token sales. Our extraordinary team has unrivaled knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry. With our proprietary due diligence processes, we will focus on highly profitable investment opportunities while obtaining access to the best possible deals. With Blockchain Index, previously known as ICNX, we have created a best-in-breed onramp for all investors to invest in the entire Blockchain industry ― today the fastest growing sector in the world.”
Now under Columbus Capital’s purview, Pinta was named after explorer Christopher Columbus’ fastest ship. It has rapidly become the world’s largest and highest performing fund focusing on ICOs, with over $45 million USD in assets under management. Blockchain Index is a lower risk and less volatile fund that serves as a best-in-class approximation of the entire Blockchain industry. BLX was seeded with $3 million USD.
CEO of Columbus Capital Igor Erker holds a Masters degree in investment management at Cass Business School in London and is an executive MBA candidate at Cambridge University. Erker managed four highly regarded funds in developing markets at Alta, which were regularly ranked among the best performing funds of their category. Serving as Senior Advisor to Columbus Capital is Jani Valjavec, the prominent Co-Founder of ICONOMI, Co-Founder of Cashila, and one of Europe’s most highly respected thought leaders in emerging markets and Blockchain technology.
Senior Advisor to Columbus Capital Jani Valjavec said:
“ICONOMI has developed the world’s leading software platform to manage and form digital asset arrays. We are forming what we believe will be the foundational element of the new economy. Eventually dozens or even hundreds of DAAs will operate on the ICONOMI platform. To maintain our focus on developing this critical platform, ICONOMI has spun out our two pre-announced DAAs, INCP and ICNX, to the capable and highly experienced management team at Columbus Capital. As a result, Columbus Capital will be ICONOMI’s first official third-party customer. We have seen increased investor demand for the investment alternatives, and we believe this is an opportune time to present this new vehicle. Columbus Capital highlights our commitment to the market demands and our ambition to continue to broaden investment opportunities in all areas.”
Columbus Capital is the missing link between traditional investment management expertise and technological breakthroughs represented by a new asset class. It is uniquely positioned to provide an unmatched level of crypto-investment expertise combined with a remarkable fund management team and will focus on targeting a new type of investors and new investment opportunities.
Jani Valjavec and Igor Erker have a combined 30 years of experience in public securities investment management and business development.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019