Decentraland, a distributed platform for a shared virtual reality world in which participants navigate, discover, and interact with others, has today announced its token launch for ERC-20 token MANA, successfully closed in 10 seconds with participants from across the globe contributing the equivalent of $25 million USD in ETH.
Decentraland Project Lead Ari Meilich said:
“Decentraland is extremely grateful for the community’s support in making our token launch an incredible and immediate success. We are delighted to now increase our platform’s development and open our virtual world to collaboration from content creators all over the world. Decentraland also extends its thanks to those supporters who didn’t manage to participate and encourages them to take advantage of our other initiatives to earn MANA tokens, be it through our Visions Program or the continuous MANA issuance.”
Due to enormous demand for MANA, Decentraland has announced an additional whitelist of 1,500 engaged supporters who will have the opportunity to purchase a second round of MANA early next week at a discount.
More than 2 billion MANA tokens were issued in the launch. Supporters that missed out on participating in the launch can still earn MANA tokens through Decentraland’s Visions Program and the continuous MANA Issuance Stage, which will allow a decreasing percentage of the initial supply of MANA to be bought from the smart contract each year, with limited supply over time. Decentraland intends to protect the token from inflation by making users burn MANA to claim LAND.
Bitcoin Suisse AG CEO Niklas Nikolajsen said:
“Bitcoin Suisse is pleased to have assisted Decentraland with their ICO and provided them with crypto-financial services. A world leading crypto-asset broker and wealth manager, Bitcoin Suisse AG was entrusted with the pre-allocation of the token sale to help ensure a subsequent, fair distribution of MANA tokens, as well as providing necessary AML/KYC services.”
Developers can build and monetize applications on the Decentraland platform and use MANA to buy LAND and other in-world goods and services. The value of LAND is based on its proximity to high-traffic hubs, and its ability to host in-demand applications. Decentraland has partnered with district0x, a collective of decentralized marketplaces and communities, to give users the ability to trade land in the secondary market. Although unclaimed LAND can be purchased at the same exchange rate (1,000 MANA = 1 LAND), differences in positions and traffic could potentially see LAND parcels trade at different prices on a secondary market.
Assets raised in the token launch will be distributed as follows: 50% will be reserved for development, 20% for research, 15% for marketing and community development, 10% for operations and business development, and the remaining 5% for legal costs.
Ari Meilich said:
“The global gaming community has shown enormous demand for our decentralized virtual reality platform and Decentraland is proud to be offering this to our supporters. We are confident that, following our token launch, Decentraland will enable content creators to push the boundaries of virtual reality and offer gamers unprecedented experiences.”
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomi Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019