It would appear that upcoming ICO Empire Card has gotten caught red handed using fake profiles and images for their team, leading to speculation that they are a ripoff scam coin ready to pump, dump and run.
Clever due diligence at BitcoinTalk by FiNaLize horizontally reversing the images and doing Google Image search has revealed that Empire Card’s alleged CEO is actually an image of French actress Sabine de Poncins and their CEO has no profile on Linkedin.
Further research by Blockchain News revealed that the head of Marketing Steven White is really Jonathan Harold Fryer – a British writer, broadcaster, lecturer and Liberal Democrat politician. And that the domain registration is hidden behind a privacy wall further obfuscating the project and team behind the project.
The phone number on the website begins with +44 203 which is listed a a fake prefix in the UK at Fakenumber.org
To seem more information on the project getting caught red handed go to Bitcointalk forums here.
- What do Banks Need to Know About Virtual Currencies Right Now? - April 4, 2019
- Why Bitcoin Surged 20% In A Day, And What This Means For Its Future Price - April 4, 2019
- Japanese USDDex – New ERC-20 Stablecoin Claims up to 45% Profit to Crypto Investors - March 19, 2019
- Will Increased Decentralization Give Bitcoin its Second Life? - March 18, 2019
- Cryptocurrencies and crowdfunding: The road from the Statue of Liberty to tokenisation - March 13, 2019
- An Overview of the Best Bitcoin Exchange Apps - March 7, 2019
- How to not get Hacked Using Cryptocurrencies - February 20, 2019
- Ethereum Constantinople Hard Fork – What is it and How Might it Affect Prices? - January 15, 2019
- Weekly cryptocurrency analysis from David Thomas, Director and Co-Founder of GlobalBlock - January 10, 2019
- Bitcoin and Crypto’s Year Ahead – What does 2019 Have in Store? - December 21, 2018
- This weeks Cryptocurrency analysis from David Thomas, Director and Co-Founder of GlobalBlock - December 17, 2018
- Cryptocurrency Update from GlobalBlock - December 10, 2018
- To the blockchain and beyond: are security tokens the third wave in Fintech? - December 4, 2018
- Creating a Safer Working Environment For Freelancers With Blockchain - November 26, 2018
- Guest Post: How To Open Bank Account for Crypto Business – a Detailed Survey - October 24, 2018
- Blockchain in Africa: The next frontier - September 20, 2018
- UK’s Fastest Growing Online Pharmacy, UK Meds, to Implement Blockchain Technology with Stratis - September 5, 2018
- Will Blockchain Revive the Banner Ad? - August 28, 2018
- Blockchain Meets REIT – A New Era in Real Estate Investing - August 27, 2018
- How GXS Built the Blockcity: Own and Secure Data with 1.8 million Others - July 20, 2018