Bodhi Foundation, a San Francisco-based startup, has sold $10 million in a token pre-sale last week, ahead of an initial coin offering launch in September.
Founded in May 2017 by Xiahong Lin, a veteran Blockchain developer, Bodhi is a decentralized prediction market platform focusing on the Chinese market. The platform allows users to create and trade on the outcome of finance, sports, politics, and any other global events. It is powered by the Bodhi digital token (BOT), which will be used to pay for fees and collaterals, and will be the currency used to invest in event outcomes.
Prediction Markets allow users to tap into the wisdom of the crowd to ask any question or predict the result of any event and be rewarded from the results. The conventional prediction markets depend on a centralized Oracle, or data provider, to set the result and charge a large amount of fees.
Bodhi, which is an open-source platform based on the Blockchain and smart contracts technology, provides a decentralized alternative to traditionally broker-mediated markets for Chinese investors, who have ever-growing enthusiasm in the future of cryptocurrency and Blockchain since the invention of bitcoin.
Inspired by ancestor frameworks Augur and Gnosis, Bodhi developed a new protocol that introduced a replaceable Oracle framework – combining third party Oracle and voting-based Oracle – which makes the prediction markets more effective and autonomous. Any conventional prediction market can operate on Bodhi’s infrastructure. Bodhi significantly lowers the system failure rate and operational cost, as well as makes it easier for users to enter the market.
Bodhi will be firstly deployed on Qtum, which combines the advantages of Bitcoin and Ethereum to provide better user experience on mobile devices. Bodhi will be the earliest and aims to be the largest dApps run on Qtum.
Before the pre-sale, Bodhi raised $1.5 million in seed funding led by DHVC (Danhua Capital), with participation from FBG Capital, INBlockchain founder Xiaolai Li, Qtum founder Patrick Dai, and Chandler Guo.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019