Bodhi Foundation, a San Francisco-based startup, has sold $10 million in a token pre-sale last week, ahead of an initial coin offering launch in September.
Founded in May 2017 by Xiahong Lin, a veteran Blockchain developer, Bodhi is a decentralized prediction market platform focusing on the Chinese market. The platform allows users to create and trade on the outcome of finance, sports, politics, and any other global events. It is powered by the Bodhi digital token (BOT), which will be used to pay for fees and collaterals, and will be the currency used to invest in event outcomes.
Prediction Markets allow users to tap into the wisdom of the crowd to ask any question or predict the result of any event and be rewarded from the results. The conventional prediction markets depend on a centralized Oracle, or data provider, to set the result and charge a large amount of fees.
Bodhi, which is an open-source platform based on the Blockchain and smart contracts technology, provides a decentralized alternative to traditionally broker-mediated markets for Chinese investors, who have ever-growing enthusiasm in the future of cryptocurrency and Blockchain since the invention of bitcoin.
Inspired by ancestor frameworks Augur and Gnosis, Bodhi developed a new protocol that introduced a replaceable Oracle framework – combining third party Oracle and voting-based Oracle – which makes the prediction markets more effective and autonomous. Any conventional prediction market can operate on Bodhi’s infrastructure. Bodhi significantly lowers the system failure rate and operational cost, as well as makes it easier for users to enter the market.
Bodhi will be firstly deployed on Qtum, which combines the advantages of Bitcoin and Ethereum to provide better user experience on mobile devices. Bodhi will be the earliest and aims to be the largest dApps run on Qtum.
Before the pre-sale, Bodhi raised $1.5 million in seed funding led by DHVC (Danhua Capital), with participation from FBG Capital, INBlockchain founder Xiaolai Li, Qtum founder Patrick Dai, and Chandler Guo.
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019