Bodhi Foundation, a San Francisco-based startup, has sold $10 million in a token pre-sale last week, ahead of an initial coin offering launch in September.
Founded in May 2017 by Xiahong Lin, a veteran Blockchain developer, Bodhi is a decentralized prediction market platform focusing on the Chinese market. The platform allows users to create and trade on the outcome of finance, sports, politics, and any other global events. It is powered by the Bodhi digital token (BOT), which will be used to pay for fees and collaterals, and will be the currency used to invest in event outcomes.
Prediction Markets allow users to tap into the wisdom of the crowd to ask any question or predict the result of any event and be rewarded from the results. The conventional prediction markets depend on a centralized Oracle, or data provider, to set the result and charge a large amount of fees.
Bodhi, which is an open-source platform based on the Blockchain and smart contracts technology, provides a decentralized alternative to traditionally broker-mediated markets for Chinese investors, who have ever-growing enthusiasm in the future of cryptocurrency and Blockchain since the invention of bitcoin.
Inspired by ancestor frameworks Augur and Gnosis, Bodhi developed a new protocol that introduced a replaceable Oracle framework – combining third party Oracle and voting-based Oracle – which makes the prediction markets more effective and autonomous. Any conventional prediction market can operate on Bodhi’s infrastructure. Bodhi significantly lowers the system failure rate and operational cost, as well as makes it easier for users to enter the market.
Bodhi will be firstly deployed on Qtum, which combines the advantages of Bitcoin and Ethereum to provide better user experience on mobile devices. Bodhi will be the earliest and aims to be the largest dApps run on Qtum.
Before the pre-sale, Bodhi raised $1.5 million in seed funding led by DHVC (Danhua Capital), with participation from FBG Capital, INBlockchain founder Xiaolai Li, Qtum founder Patrick Dai, and Chandler Guo.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019