Synechron, Inc, the global financial services consulting and technology services provider, has today announced a distributed ledger technology (DLT) collaboration with R3, the enterprise software firm.
The collaboration will work toward developing a KYC solution built on Corda; R3’s financial grade distributed ledger that operates in strict privacy in an open, global network. The solution will build upon a point-to-point, secure and self-sovereign vision toward digital identity and verifiable corporate data. This project is a critical step towards reducing the cost of KYC processes and achieving the long-term vision of digital identity.
Faisal Husain, CEO of Synechron said:
“Distributed ledger technology will improve current processes and improve experiences for both banks and customers. The work R3 is doing to provide a trusted platform and bring together the ecosystem of players for such a robust use case is incredibly significant to the future of KYC and financial services.”
The project, known as LEIA 2, is one of the largest collaborative DLT efforts this year and includes 12 banks located across 4 continents. The project kicked off in July with a three-month sprint to identify objectives and business requirements, define a roadmap, and develop a functional prototype on top of the Corda platform. At the end of the project, Synechron will demo the solution in their Financial Innovation Labs (FinLabs).
Todd McDonald, Co-Founder of R3 commented:
“This project builds on the success of LEIA1 with a use case that will be foundational in many other financial services use cases that rely on identity. Corda’s handling of identity is unique for a DLT platform and was designed to meet the specific needs of the financial services industry.”
The project aims to solve the problems around data collection, data validation, customer experience and data privacy that plague current KYC processes in Corporate Banking. The solution would fit within the existing framework of in-house and external data providers, but also build towards a more disruptive vision for bank processes and the customer experience. DLT has inherent features that allow it to address KYC requirements for validated, trusted data without the risk of tampering or fraud. The technology also enables self-sovereign distribution models that enable the data owners, the Corporates, to control the distribution of their own identity data.
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019