The Hive Project, the first cryptocurrency-based invoicing platform focused on providing liquidity pools for small and medium enterprises (SMEs), has announced the successful completion of its token sale, raising USD $8.95 million (BTC 2087) from 2234 global supporters.
The Hive Project tackles barriers to liquidity faced by SMEs by providing an alternative source of liquidity to that offered by traditional financial institutions. While European Commission reports that SMEs represent over 99 percent of businesses in the EU, SMEs in Europe and worldwide struggle to successfully tap into the $3 trillion invoice finance industry to fund operations and growth. Hive provides new liquidity to SMEs, enabling platform participants to purchase micro invoices from trusted companies, turning invoices into tradeable assets.
Hive Project’s end-to-end platform based on the Ethereum Blockchain and smart-contracts dispenses with the obstacles and delays associated with centralised intermediaries. Hive automates previously manual, time-consuming processes such as credit scoring assessments and auditing, while simultaneously giving liquidity providers real-time actionable data including credit-worthiness. Hive also gives every issued invoice a unique fingerprint, providing invoice buyers with assurance that the invoice cannot be sold twice. With open and transparent public data of issuer, owner and payer, invoices can be offered to the market for trading.
“For too long, SME’s have been left out in the cold by traditional lending systems which favor large companies,” said Jure Soklic, co-founder and CEO. “The success of our token sale is testament to market recognition of the need to reshape the invoice finance industry and ease the burdens faced by SMEs worldwide by bridging the liquidity gap, while providing attractive investment opportunities for invoice buyers.”
BTC 1,500 of the funds raised will be devoted solely to the development, marketing and implementation of the platform, and the rest will be set aside for the liquidity pool (HVNX). The HVNX will fuel the growth of the marketplace, thereby hastening the adoption of the Hive platform and generating faster returns for contributors.
The Hive Project, recently awarded first place as the ‘Best ICO’ at CoinAgenda Europe, is in advanced discussions to list HVN on several of the world’s largest exchanges spanning the EU, the US and Asia.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019