Monetha, today announced a strategic partnership deal with the largest online retailer in the Baltic States, Pigu.lt. The deal is the first of many to come, enabling online shoppers to purchase goods using Ethereum based tokens via a seamless checkout experience.
Through the strategic partnership Pigu.lt have agreed for the Monetha integration to be rolled out across their portfolio of websites, following the final development of Monetha’s Milestone 01 – due for completion in early 2018. The roll-out includes the Latvian (220.lv), Lithuanian (Pigu.lt), and Estonian (kaup24.ee) markets, where online shoppers have access to over 400,000 products, including best-selling perfumes, clothes and electronics.
Co-founder of Monetha, Justas Pikelis commented:
“To partner with a company of such size, influence, and reach, has been a long term dream of ours and we’re more than excited to help “Pigu.lt” unlock and enable payments from the ethereum community”.
The implementation of the roll-out indicatively positions Pigu.lt as one of the largest e-commerce stores in the world to accept Ether, and arguably one of the more forward thinking e-commerce players in the space.
Pigu Group boasts an impressive growth history, and today processes around 2 million orders per year. For the last 10 years, Pigu group has continued to strengthen their position as leaders in the market by being both innovative and open to new challenges – making them a well suited partner for Monetha.
This year, the consolidated turnover forecast for Pigu Group is over 100 million US dollars.
CEO of Pigu.lt, Dainius Liulys commented:
“In order to ensure our leading position in the market, Pigu Group has been aware of Ethereum based currencies before. After seeing what Monetha offers to merchants, we discussed our options by meeting the co-founders and we are happy to have them as our payment processing partner for crypto currencies, once the product is developed to handle our transaction volumes.”
Monetha.io is a decentralised payment and trust solution on the Ethereum Blockchain. Through the use of smart contract technology payments are secured over a revolutionary trust system that analyzes the reputation of all parties, assigning an algorithmic trust rating to each party. By leveraging Ethereum Blockchain technology, “Monetha” will empower merchants with a single step transaction that’s 5x cheaper and up to 10,000x faster than traditional alternatives.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019