Every time DJ Deadly Buda’s “Rock the Blockchain” DJ mix is played on Musicoin.org, fifteen separate electronic dance music tracks and their artists get paid automatically, within seconds.
“Basically, it’s a game-changer for any DJ-based music genre such as EDM, Disco, House or Hip-Hop,” said DJ Deadly Buda.
This feat was accomplished at about 2:00 AM, on August 13, 2017, after Deadly Buda finalized the integration of 19 “smart contracts” on the Musicoin blockchain and attached them to his DJ mix. Like Bitcoin, Musicoin is a cryptocurrency based on a decentralized ledger system spread across computers around the world. Musicoin differs in that it is specifically geared to the consumption and monetization of music based on agreements (often called “smart” contracts) programmed into its blockchain.
Ever since the DJ mix format was popularized in the 1970’s it has mostly existed in a quasi-legal state. Because a recorded Dj mix is a continuous blend of several separate songs or “tracks”, it requires numerous permissions, paperwork and licenses to be legally compliant. Consequently, most DJs don’t bother to properly license their mixes, resulting in less accessibility for fans, and less reward for the artists, labels, and the Djs themselves.
“When I realized every song on the Musicoin system had its own payment address, I got as many people I knew that made great music to upload their tracks. Then, I asked their permission if I could use their music in my mix,” revealed Deadly Buda. After conferring with artists based on the idea that they were formulating a new paradigm, he decided on the following formula: 40% of the mix revenue goes to the DJ, and 60% is split evenly between the tracks in the mix. Said Deadly Buda, “I wanted to honor the DJs’ time and money expenditure, while at the same time leaving room for each song to make money, too.”
A new paradigm for how DJ mixes can be made and paid is now officially live thanks to DJ Deadly Buda and Musicoin, but there is still work to be done says Deadly Buda, “In the very near future, there will probably be just a checkbox an artist can use that gives anyone on the system the right to mix their music so long as they get paid via a smart contract. As soon as that happens, the system will be unstoppable and will benefit the established music industry and new artists alike.”
The mix contains 15 EDM tracks of various genres, Hard Electronic, Dubstep, Hardstyle, Hard Bass, Jungle, Drum and Bass, Hardcore Techno, Shamancore, Tekno, and Ambient, by artists Counterstrike, Satroniq & DJ Delirium, Teknoaidi, Subterranean, Cap, M27, Harhor and Deadly Buda.
DJ Deadly Buda (Joel Bevacqua) can be contacted at: [email protected]
Facebook fan page is: https://www.facebook.com/deadlybuda/
Isaac Mao, founder of Musicoin: [email protected]
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019