Every time DJ Deadly Buda’s “Rock the Blockchain” DJ mix is played on Musicoin.org, fifteen separate electronic dance music tracks and their artists get paid automatically, within seconds.
“Basically, it’s a game-changer for any DJ-based music genre such as EDM, Disco, House or Hip-Hop,” said DJ Deadly Buda.
This feat was accomplished at about 2:00 AM, on August 13, 2017, after Deadly Buda finalized the integration of 19 “smart contracts” on the Musicoin blockchain and attached them to his DJ mix. Like Bitcoin, Musicoin is a cryptocurrency based on a decentralized ledger system spread across computers around the world. Musicoin differs in that it is specifically geared to the consumption and monetization of music based on agreements (often called “smart” contracts) programmed into its blockchain.
Ever since the DJ mix format was popularized in the 1970’s it has mostly existed in a quasi-legal state. Because a recorded Dj mix is a continuous blend of several separate songs or “tracks”, it requires numerous permissions, paperwork and licenses to be legally compliant. Consequently, most DJs don’t bother to properly license their mixes, resulting in less accessibility for fans, and less reward for the artists, labels, and the Djs themselves.
“When I realized every song on the Musicoin system had its own payment address, I got as many people I knew that made great music to upload their tracks. Then, I asked their permission if I could use their music in my mix,” revealed Deadly Buda. After conferring with artists based on the idea that they were formulating a new paradigm, he decided on the following formula: 40% of the mix revenue goes to the DJ, and 60% is split evenly between the tracks in the mix. Said Deadly Buda, “I wanted to honor the DJs’ time and money expenditure, while at the same time leaving room for each song to make money, too.”
A new paradigm for how DJ mixes can be made and paid is now officially live thanks to DJ Deadly Buda and Musicoin, but there is still work to be done says Deadly Buda, “In the very near future, there will probably be just a checkbox an artist can use that gives anyone on the system the right to mix their music so long as they get paid via a smart contract. As soon as that happens, the system will be unstoppable and will benefit the established music industry and new artists alike.”
The mix contains 15 EDM tracks of various genres, Hard Electronic, Dubstep, Hardstyle, Hard Bass, Jungle, Drum and Bass, Hardcore Techno, Shamancore, Tekno, and Ambient, by artists Counterstrike, Satroniq & DJ Delirium, Teknoaidi, Subterranean, Cap, M27, Harhor and Deadly Buda.
DJ Deadly Buda (Joel Bevacqua) can be contacted at: [email protected]
Facebook fan page is: https://www.facebook.com/deadlybuda/
Isaac Mao, founder of Musicoin: [email protected]
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019