Every time DJ Deadly Buda’s “Rock the Blockchain” DJ mix is played on Musicoin.org, fifteen separate electronic dance music tracks and their artists get paid automatically, within seconds.
“Basically, it’s a game-changer for any DJ-based music genre such as EDM, Disco, House or Hip-Hop,” said DJ Deadly Buda.
This feat was accomplished at about 2:00 AM, on August 13, 2017, after Deadly Buda finalized the integration of 19 “smart contracts” on the Musicoin blockchain and attached them to his DJ mix. Like Bitcoin, Musicoin is a cryptocurrency based on a decentralized ledger system spread across computers around the world. Musicoin differs in that it is specifically geared to the consumption and monetization of music based on agreements (often called “smart” contracts) programmed into its blockchain.
Ever since the DJ mix format was popularized in the 1970’s it has mostly existed in a quasi-legal state. Because a recorded Dj mix is a continuous blend of several separate songs or “tracks”, it requires numerous permissions, paperwork and licenses to be legally compliant. Consequently, most DJs don’t bother to properly license their mixes, resulting in less accessibility for fans, and less reward for the artists, labels, and the Djs themselves.
“When I realized every song on the Musicoin system had its own payment address, I got as many people I knew that made great music to upload their tracks. Then, I asked their permission if I could use their music in my mix,” revealed Deadly Buda. After conferring with artists based on the idea that they were formulating a new paradigm, he decided on the following formula: 40% of the mix revenue goes to the DJ, and 60% is split evenly between the tracks in the mix. Said Deadly Buda, “I wanted to honor the DJs’ time and money expenditure, while at the same time leaving room for each song to make money, too.”
A new paradigm for how DJ mixes can be made and paid is now officially live thanks to DJ Deadly Buda and Musicoin, but there is still work to be done says Deadly Buda, “In the very near future, there will probably be just a checkbox an artist can use that gives anyone on the system the right to mix their music so long as they get paid via a smart contract. As soon as that happens, the system will be unstoppable and will benefit the established music industry and new artists alike.”
The mix contains 15 EDM tracks of various genres, Hard Electronic, Dubstep, Hardstyle, Hard Bass, Jungle, Drum and Bass, Hardcore Techno, Shamancore, Tekno, and Ambient, by artists Counterstrike, Satroniq & DJ Delirium, Teknoaidi, Subterranean, Cap, M27, Harhor and Deadly Buda.
DJ Deadly Buda (Joel Bevacqua) can be contacted at: [email protected]
Facebook fan page is: https://www.facebook.com/deadlybuda/
Isaac Mao, founder of Musicoin: [email protected]
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018